Official GamePass Thread

WhiteWolf

14 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Its coming here soon for sure ,has the potential to be huge in our country for mobile gamers to get a taste of real games.

The rumours were true of series x blades being used for xcloud effecting series x consoles manufacturing.

Not even close. The bullish behavior of people for cloud gaming always amuses me. It is going nowhere, at least not in India. 

• Like 1

Why would I want to play on a Series X planted 100s of kms away when I can put one in my living room and attach directly to the screen with nothing in between?

Just to save on hardware purchase cost? Maybe they should invest in reducing price of hardware.

22 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Not even close. The bullish behavior of people for cloud gaming always amuses me. It is going nowhere, at least not in India. 

Its a long journey yes , but to say it going nowhere in india is definitely being bullish. 

we were bullish about a lot of things as far as xbox and ps is concerned and many have been proved wrong.

1 minute ago, Vaibhavp said:

Why would I want to play on a Series X planted 100s of kms away when I can put one in my living room and attach directly to the screen with nothing in between?

Just to save on hardware purchase cost? Maybe they should invest in reducing price of hardware.

Again its not for you or me who have the hardware . Just imagine you have been playing asphalt 9 on your mobile and get an option for forza horizon 5 or gear 4

33 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Its a long journey yes , but to say it going nowhere in india is definitely being bullish. 

we were bullish about a lot of things as far as xbox and ps is concerned and many have been proved wrong.

It is not going to be "huge" in India in the next 5-7 years. People have been harping about cloud gaming for a long time now and it is hardly popular, even in developed countries. As I said, people are too optimistic about cloud gaming for now.

53 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Because you have access to mobile gaming anywhere anytime you want unlike consoles . It's obviously not meant solely for console owners but for casual mobile gamers who can get access to a catalog of much superior games than what you get on iOS/Playstore. 

Just now, Krazyniks said:

Because you have access to mobile gaming anywhere anytime you want unlike consoles . It's obviously not meant solely for console owners but for casual mobile gamers who can get access to a catalog of much superior games than what you get on iOS/Playstore. 

That point is moot considering the bandwidth requirement for cloud gaming. Majority of mobile gamers game on the move. Cloud gaming is pretty pointless in those scenarios. Not to forget, mobile games are designed in a way that you can consume/play them for shorter durations. Console games aren't designed like that (at least most are not).

8 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

This

pretty much

This has potential.

I also remember ivg ps fans posting last year that no one was gonna get series x without big exclusives. Just look at how many have already got it in this forum itself. Without a single big fp exclusive so far.

They also ridiculed gamepass. Gamepass has become the biggest game changer so far for MS.

6 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

That point is moot considering the bandwidth requirement for cloud gaming. Majority of mobile gamers game on the move. Cloud gaming is pretty pointless in those scenarios. Not to forget, mobile games are designed in a way that you can consume/play them for shorter durations. Console games aren't designed like that (at least most are not).

Yes that does remain a huge constraint for cloud gaming to pick up on mobile.

Currently playing at 720p on xcloud requires 2 to 3 GB per hour . 

But New technologies are being developed to reduce data requirement of cloud gaming.

http://www.mobilevillage.com/cloud-gaming-mobile-data-breakthrough/

A lot of work is still left for cloud gaming to become mainstream . But its definitely possible . Of course not all mobile gamers will shift to cloud gaming .

But the market is so huge (3 Billion mobile gamers compared to 200 million console gamers globally ) 

The above ratio would be way higher in India . 

Even if you can bring in 5% of mobile gamers to cloud gaming that expands your user base by over 70% .

15 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

I wonder why all big companies are investing in cloud gaming?

They are not doing it for Indian market. Even globally, cloud gaming would take time. My point was about it becoming "huge" in India, which is nothing more than a pipedream at this point, or for that matter next 5 years.

• Like 1

Just now, Krazyniks said:

Yes that does remain a huge constraint for cloud gaming to pick up on mobile.

Currently playing at 720p on xcloud requires 2 to 3 GB per hour . 

But New technologies are being developed to reduce data requirement of cloud gaming.

http://www.mobilevillage.com/cloud-gaming-mobile-data-breakthrough/

A lot of work is still left for cloud gaming to become mainstream . But its definitely possible . Of course not all mobile gamers will shift to cloud gaming .

But the market is so huge (3 Billion mobile gamers compared to 200 million console gamers globally ) 

The above ratio would be way higher in India . 

Even if you can bring in 5% of mobile gamers to cloud gaming that expands your user base by over 70% .

It is not just about cloud gaming adopting better technology, but also quality of mobile internet in India. While Jio has brought a huge boom in India, the quality of connection hardly viable for 4k movie watching on the go, forget cloud gaming. No one knows what the future hold. I am obviously not going to say it won't even successful. But it is long long way off, at least in India.

1 minute ago, Sach4life said:

They are not doing it for Indian market. Even globally, cloud gaming would take time. My point was about it becoming "huge" in India, which is nothing more than a pipedream at this point, or for that matter next 5 years.

Well all things have to start at some point ,everyone knows it will take time . 
Atleast they are laying the foundation.

Just now, triggr happy ss said:

Well all things have to start at some point ,everyone knows it will take time . 
Atleast they are laying the foundation.

Of course, I am not saying that they shouldn't do anything. Just saying that I, personally, don't see it succeeding in Indian market for years to come, regardless of who does it.

Yeah cloud gaming is not for enthusiasts/hardcore gamers even in the West. But it gives an option to people for trying out a few games they are interested in. Like playing Forza/console quality games on the go instead of the usual iOS-Android games might be an USP for some. Or the ability to play those games on a work/normal laptop instead of getting those thick gaming laptops.

I could see cloud gaming working in India. The majority population doesn't like investing in hardware but subscription services (I'd assume) have a decent adoption here. Seeing how mobile gaming exploded here, you never know what'll happen.