Half-Life: Alyx

SRINI87

5 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

____

Hmm

Interesting. Also, this is a VR only game, so the audience/reach is extremely limited/niche. I believe this would atleast match/surpass HL2's ratings in few years.

Also, where is Doom/Doom eternal in this list? :O

Edited by radicaldude

1 hour ago, Gautam said:

Building a PC for the first time in almost 20 years to play this.

NZoRNv4.jpg

Waiting on the graphics card and the Oculus Quest. Should have the GPU in a couple of days but the Quest doesn't ship until April 24th. So now I wait..

Wow!!! Respect to you sire!

Total damages please? (if you can reveal that :D )

Also, why did you choose oculus over index? (I am assuming that cost was not a factor as you are building a PC after 20 years)

PC components are around $800. Quest for $399. Already had a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Yes. Index is quite expensive and also completely out of stock. Also, the PC requirements for the index are higher because of the higher refresh rate. So to get the most out of the index you need to spend more on the PC as well.

The choice was between Quest and Rift S. Went for the Quest because the experience with Oculus link is very similar to the Rift S and you have a whole bunch of other benefits with it being wireless.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, radicaldude said:

@Gautam Missed your post . That's an epic build. I hope you have got your hands on your occulus by now. Do share the experience :D

Also, I am wondering, has anyone from the forum, who is in India at the moment, played the game?

Yes. Build is complete. Got the Oculus Quest and been playing Alyx for the last week or so. It's so awesome to be back in the Half Life universe. The amount of interactivity in the game is insane. Really enjoying it. Also, the story is quite interesting and it seems to directly tie back to the events of HL2 and the episodes.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
47 minutes ago, pbpoovannagamer said:

Is a playable version outside VR available yet? If Valve released this as a non VR FPS, it would beat CP2077 sales numbers for sure.

Sent from my motorola one fusion+ using Tapatalk

Not officially, but if Valve can I'm sure it'll do better in long term. Even I'm desperately waiting for it. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 9:14 PM, pbpoovannagamer said:

Is a playable version outside VR available yet? If Valve released this as a non VR FPS, it would beat CP2077 sales numbers for sure.

Lol no. It wont even be close

On 12/19/2020 at 9:14 PM, pbpoovannagamer said:

No its designed around VR to sell VR headsets 

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...