Resident Evil 3 Remake

CarbonCore

41 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

The reviews are spot on, this will end up around/below 80.

Yep.

OpenCritic: 81

unknown.png

• The Resident Evil 3 remake, like the original upon which it is based, is inferior to its predecessor.
  • Both the Nemesis and Raccoon City are massively underused in this disappointing step back for the series.
  • Another enjoyable reimagining for the Resident Evil series that nails the action but lacks depth.
  • The source material already had its problems, but this disappointing remake manages to make Resident Evil 3 seem even less inspired than it did originally.
  • This is another spectacular remake for the series, and Nemesis is an imposing enemy who relentlessly chases you throughout the game.
  • Capcom's remake of Resident Evil 3 makes a strong first impression, but it eventually loses sight of what made the original so memorable.
  • It takes last year’s Resident Evil 2 remake and hones it into something meaner and more intense. Embracing the chaos leads to an intense and confidently executed Resident Evil experience.
  • When I first fired up Resident Evil 3, I worried that its tale of a pandemic turning cities into disease-plagued ghost towns would be more of a depressing reminder of our current reality than escapist entertainment. To wit: A live-action cinematic starts the game with doctors in hazmat suits and government officials telling of a CDC-enforced quarantine.

Gamespot - 6/10 at the moment

THE GOOD

•  The fantastic visuals and immersive atmosphere make exploring Raccoon City a treat for longtime fans
  •  Jill and Carlos are great protagonists, and they each have several great and satisfying moments throughout the plot
  •  Focused survival horror elements are the most thrilling and nerve-wracking moments of the game

THE BAD

•  The many action set-pieces and boss encounters come off as jarring and tonally off from the game's core survival horror gameplay
  •  Disappointing lack of presence for Nemesis, who is quickly relegated to dramatic set-piece encounters that do the villain a disservice

Wait for sale. 

4-6 hours game. Very short and its replayability is limited greatly. 

The MP wasn't working even on day one and the beta MP was preventable. 

There’s no real replayability this time, beyond a small collection of unlockables.

Edited by Heaven Angel

On top of being short with little replay value, there's a bunch of cut content including couple of boss fights and enemies from original game, no ribbons on higher difficulty, the demo pretty much covers most of the outside city area, Nemesis is not a persistent threat like Mr. X after the intro level, he just appears as scripted chase sequences followed by boss fights, massive downgrade to blood and gore, alternate endings are mostly superficial (unlike original game). Also Resistance sucks. And 1X version apparently still runs like crap like the demo.

This is why you don't outsource your marquee titles to outside studios.

Well, that's one less game to buy on launch then.

Even though I absolutely loved the RE2 remake, my hype for this kinda died down over the last few weeks. I'm yet to even complete the demo. The downgraded gore was a turn-off :\

I 100% every RE game and play them multiple times. So game length not issue.  I knew this will not get same amount of love as RE2.

But it sucks that they removed multiple endings and option to choose multiple paths. They tried to rush RE3 remake i think.

They cut clock tower nd all? Damn. Why they rushed it man :/

Edited by WhiteWolf

Disappointed that it didn’t get the same love as the original. I see that it is made by a different team. I believe the team who made Resident Evil 2 remake is working on the sequel or spinoff. A new game is better rather than a remake. 

Edited by Mysteryman

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Of course this is already a thing... lSSacKM.png

Obvious NSFW

It's been a thing since RE2 remake