funnyadit

BIGBEN and Big Ant Studios, Australia’s leading developer of sports titles, are delighted to announce their partnership for the publishing and distribution of AO Tennis 2, the second game in the official Australia Open series.

Developed in close collaboration with the tournament’s organisers, AO Tennis 2 will give fans a more intense experience of the Australia Open, the first of the year’s four Grand Slam events, which begins on 20 January.

Nadal_Upload-1024x576.jpg

In AO Tennis 2, tennis fans can take themselves from the outside courts to centre-stage glory in the all-new narrative-driven career mode. For the first time in AO Tennis, success for a young talented player depends as much on external events as great play on the court, which provides deeper immersion into the world of professional tennis.

Players can once again use Big Ant’s celebrated content editor, which was loved by the community in AO Tennis, to customise every element of their game. Furthermore, all content created and shared by users since the first game from 2018 will be available in AO Tennis 2. That’s over 20,000 players and hundreds of courts that can be enjoyed by fans of the sport.

Barty_Upload-1024x576.jpg

For fans that want to relive the glories of their favourite players, AO Tennis 2 includes a roster of some of the brightest talents across both the ATP and WTA, including Rafael Nadal, Ash Barty, Angélique Kerber and many others. All venues that will be used in the 2020 Australian Open will also be available in the game, so fans can enjoy maximum authenticity as they play along with the Australian summer of tennis.

Developed in close collaboration with the tournament’s organisers, AO Tennis 2 will give fans a more intense experience of the Australia Open, the first of the year’s four Grand Slam events, which begins on 20 January.

Trailer:

Developer Diary:

Gameplay:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 11:31 AM, Joe Cool said:

Virtua Tennis from 2007 has more content and plays better than AO garbage... That ball physics yikes. ?

Top Spin 4 is the best tennis games have ever been. Forget a new entry, just a remaster of Top Spin 3/4 would be enough for me.

• Like 1

From what I have heard so far its smoother than first version in terms of gameplay.. But is it worth the upgrade is the question..

Though from the videos I have seen some shots are still the same as first version which doesnt look good visually.. But official release is yet to happen so we need to see if they patch things up to make it a good enough jump in between iterations..

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

This!

It's sad that we will probably never get it though :\

Hopefully, if rumors of PS5 having hardware enabled BC for PS 1-4 is true, we would be able to play the series in its original form with some enhancements.

Steam has got Day one patch along with the release.. Priced at INR 1,169 at 10% promotional discount on release full price being INR 1,299..

Patch Details:

Hello AO fans,

With the release of AO Tennis 2 we have a Patch Day One already available to download on PC. You can check the content added through the Patch Notes below:

Gameplay

Addition of 3 new mid-game statistics:

Clutch Weight

Time Pressure

Win Prediction

Addition of a new player Nick Kyrgios.

Modification of some Shot animations.

Updated player ratings and styles.

Improvements to animations.

Improvements to sound balancing and general match atmosphere

Improvements to gameplay.

Adjustment of the difficulty levels – to make the lower levels a little easier.

User Interface

Addition of frames to the menus.

Improvements to UI.

Additional support for non-Latin characters in UGC.

Let us know if you've experienced any issues, our team will do their best to resolve them as soon as possible.

Thank you for playing!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattgardner1/2020/01/09/review-ao-tennis-2-is-an-ultimate-fan-experience-with-some-unforced-errors/#7f08d796baca

https://stevivor.com/reviews/ao-tennis-2-review-be-open-to-anything/

• 6 months later...

Its available on psn india for ₹1274 in sale.

early impressions:

Not liking it at all after playing tennis world tour.

playing at veteran difficulty and it is impossible to score any points. Graphics look really dated for a game that released this year. Top spin 4 still looks better imo.

Overall looks like career mode has some potential. But Still not able to get my head around the gameplay. Maybe lowering the difficulty might help. 

• 1 month later...

Decided to give it another go with all the updates.

Good or at least playable for fun:

• Career mode has solid amount of depth
  • Player creation and improvement is good
  • Somewhat fun at low difficulty
  • Academy is filled with user created content and you can add all the "missing" players easily. However, I don't like the fact you have to pay full price and yet rely on custom creations. There are lots of Federer/Djokovic etc with different stats. User created content also lack visual compared to Nadal who is in base game. One of the popular Djokovic looks like 40 and tanned... 

Bad

• Movement isn't good and that kind of breaks the flow of the game
  • Animation and response time isn't tight leading to random bugs
  • Shots lack variety and unrealistic 
  • CPU AI isn't balanced on higher difficulty and ends in frustration than challenge
  • Lack of content in base game (players, arenas, trophies, modes, etc are all missing)

Not really worth buying unless you want to play some Tennis casually and that too only when the game is on heavy discount. 

In theory they have some good idea and mechanics but pretty bad in practice. 

Hopefully Tennis World Tour 2 will be better. 

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

In theory they have some good idea and mechanics but pretty bad in practice. 

Hopefully Tennis World Tour 2 will be better. 

Its their game engine Joe, same issues carries on for game after game with slightly better base.. So bugs animation issues all remains the same even when they do add lot of content to the game , it just goes to waste when its not used wisely..

There were talks on them making a new engine but I am sure whether its true or not.. Hopefully with next gen consoles coming in hopefully they improve from the next game of cricket and tennis..

8 minutes ago, funnyadit said:

Its their game engine Joe, same issues carries on for game after game with slightly better base.. So bugs animation issues all remains the same even when they do add lot of content to the game , it just goes to waste when its not used wisely..

There were talks on them making a new engine but I am sure whether its true or not.. Hopefully with next gen consoles coming in hopefully they improve from the next game of cricket and tennis..

They should definitely work on their engine as they got some good ideas. 

I saw Tennis World Tour 2 from them. They seem to have added more animations, reworked on gameplay, new serve system, new arenas and competitions, etc,. Let's see how the launch product is in 2 weeks. 

For now I'll continue the career mode on AO and World Tour on VT4. ?

4 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

What are you playing VT on?

Man I still wish some game would replicate the experience of Smash Court Tennis 2. The VT games on PS3 were good too.

VT4 on PC. I still love playing it. 

The game is still visually ahead of AO Tennis despite being a decade old. The presentation and lighting is way better.  

unknown.png

11.jpg

World tour is a total blast. 

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

VT4 on PC. I still love playing it. 

The game is still visually ahead of AO Tennis despite being a decade old. The presentation and lighting is way better.  

unknown.png

11.jpg

World tour is a total blast. 

From a pure gameplay experience, I believe nothing comes close to Tennis Elbow 2013 with mods. Some of the custom animations and court layouts are awesome. But it’s more of a simulation game than a arcade-y one. 

5 minutes ago, sadge said:

From a pure gameplay experience, I believe nothing comes close to Tennis Elbow 2013 with mods. Some of the custom animations and court layouts are awesome. But it’s more of a simulation game than a arcade-y one. 

Gameplay is fantastic on it but rest of the stuff feels outdated. I have not tried the mods. Maybe solid package with it. 

They are working on Tennis Elbow 4 at the moment. Trying for March, 2021 release. ?

6 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Gameplay is fantastic on it but rest of the stuff feels outdated. I have not tried the mods. Maybe solid package with it. 

They are working on Tennis Elbow 4 at the moment. Trying for March, 2021 release. ?

Yeah the mods are all over the place and you gotta patiently try what works best. 

TE4 alpha is out for pre-order buddies. Hopefully it turns out great.