The Wonderful 101: Remastered

CarbonCore

Couple of worries i have with this. One being they don't go epic exclusive for PC at the end of the production like many other publishers did. Secondly, replacing the Wii U gamepad screen functionality for the game.Unlike TMS which had just messaging during gameplay if i remember, this game had more gameplay features on the small screen. Have to see how they'll do that.

Still looking forward to the Switch version. Was one of the most underrated games for the Wii U. Don't know if i should pledge for it though.

Stretch goals to bring the game to PC via Steam (at $250,000) and PS4 (at $500,000).

Don't pledge. It is already filled and also costs $36 for digital release. Am sure Steam will have regional pricing and of course there is small change (though I don't think Platinum will sell out) to EPIC. 

• The game’s easy mode will be a little easier in parts
  • There will also be new on-screen prompts that will help players better understand The Wonderful 101: Remastered’s gameplay mechanics
  • Mechanics like drawing on a touchscreen to summon Unite Morph actions will still be present on the Switch version
  • Nintendo’s kindness has allowed us to expand to other platforms

28 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

Couple of worries i have with this. One being they don't go epic exclusive for PC at the end of the production like many other publishers did. Secondly, replacing the Wii U gamepad screen functionality for the game.Unlike TMS which had just messaging during gameplay if i remember, this game had more gameplay features on the small screen. Have to see how they'll do that.

Still looking forward to the Switch version. Was one of the most underrated games for the Wii U. Don't know if i should pledge for it though.

You can draw with right stick. In fact using the stick lets you build fast/complicated combos that are impossible with touch drawing.

40 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

You can draw with right stick. In fact using the stick lets you build fast/complicated combos that are impossible with touch drawing.

Yeah i always used the right stick (hopeful of not having a drift issue cause of that on switch). What i meant was if i recall correctly there was section in the game where you become a tank and on the wii u gamepad it became first person perspective. Bit of immersion. both annoying and fun. 

Anyways, i hope they do a good job with the ports.

I thought The Wonderful 101 belonged to Nintendo. Not often you see a traditional console publisher like Nintendo allowing devs to take over their IP and allowing their own IP to go on all platforms, including rival consoles.

Anyway, what other games are left for Nintendo to bring over from the Wii U? Pikmin and Super Mario 3D World are left. What else? Looks like Nintendo wants to really ensure that those who skipped Wii U don't miss out on anything at all.

Meanwhile new Switch games are suffering. Bring out Bayonetta 3 and Shin Megami Tensei 5. I's been ages since we heard anything about those at all. And more new announcements are still needed. At this point, it's looking like, more than PS4 it's Switch which deserves the title of "Remaster Console".

Edited by roun90

6 hours ago, SRINI87 said:

What type of game is it?

Think of juggle happy combat of DMC where you stun-lock enemies by keeping the combos going, except you "draw" different weapons and defense items on the fly. sh*t gets really hectic once you get in the flow.

Also if you want Switch version it's better to pledge for $35 right now because its almost guaranteed to be at least $49 when it hits eShop.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Anybody knows how this plays on Switch vs PC, specially wrt controls ?

Switch version does not run very well, same FPS as WiiU. If you have a choice grab it on PC. It also costs 900rs instead of $40.