Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Watched Woman in Black 2. Had low expectations but nicely done. Liked a lot. Its there on prime.

Watched Good newz. Pretty fun movie. Not loud and tacky. Akshay kumar`s slip discs and Ola :rofl: Everyone acted well. Good movie.

Saw bala on Hotstar. Good stuff this. 2nd half was awesome.

19 hours ago, SRINI87 said:

The Invisible Man - Smart, well-acted, and above all scary, The Invisible Man proves that sometimes, the classic source material for a fresh reboot can be hiding in plain sight.

Actually - 7.63/10 avg rating

12 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Jurassic World: Dominion is the title of the next JW movie.

Fallen Kingdom was bad. 

5 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Fallen Kingdom was bad. 

Yeah, it was pretty f**king bad! 

I still have a soft spot for the franchise though :P

Anyway, booked tickets for The Invisible Man. I really liked Whannell's last movie, Upgrade. Hoping this will be good too. The reviews it's been getting are certainly encouraging.

The Invisible Man was really good.

Kudos to Leigh Whannell for going the serious psychological thriller route instead of the campy one. I thought it worked surprisingly well, thanks in no small part to how well the movie is directed and also how good Elisabeth Moss was.

Though there were a few questionable things that happened in the movie, they didn't really bother me much.

28 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Yay. A sequel to Train to Busan. Lately South Korean films have become increasingly better. At par with UK and Japanese films IMO. 

South Korean movies today are really great but the best ones are more than a decade old. So I'm not really sure if they're getting increasingly better :\

Of course, I'm not trying to take anything away from some of the recent movies that have been excellent, but the bar was already set much higher in the 2000's. It's actually quite incredible.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

15 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Anyone saw The Invisible Man? What's the verdict.
Planning to see it in couple of days.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Barring a couple of seemingly blatant plot-holes (at least I thought they were), it's really good. Go for it.

It's more of a slow-burn psychological thriller than a campy horror movie. So set your expectations accordingly.

Saw Sonic, man I dunno what people saw in it but I think it was worse than Pikachu which itself wasn't good to begin with. Maybe its all the Sega fanboys hyping it up :lol: 

Totally agree about Jim Carrey being the best part of the movie though. I wish I stay this fit and flexible when I turn 60.