Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

^^I saw the first hour of it with the wife and gave up. It looked like the usual bollywood trash passed off as "history". All Mughal rulers are shown as evil cowards that backstab people, the Rajput/Maratha/whatever are honorable heroic ones that only die because they were betrayed. Women characters that try to be feminist in the most patriarchal way you can imagine. Script so f**king braindead that they even have to color code the clothing in the movie to drive the point home. All the evil Mughals always wear black, the saintly honorably whatevers always wear white. 

Just. Garbage. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

^^I saw the first hour of it with the wife and gave up. It looked like the usual bollywood trash passed off as "history". All Mughal rulers are shown as evil cowards that backstab people, the Rajput/Maratha/whatever are honorable heroic ones that only die because they were betrayed. Women characters that try to be feminist in the most patriarchal way you can imagine. Script so f**king braindead that they even have to color code the clothing in the movie to drive the point home. All the evil Mughals always wear black, the saintly honorably whatevers always wear white. 

It wasnt the usual garbage thats why i liked it tbh. It kinda depicited the politics of war pretty nicely. 

And about being patriachal, well i didnt find it cringy as well. 

23 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

:rofl:

can't blame the makers though, this is totally selling in the market. Tanhajii's success proves it :lol:

48 minutes ago, dante77 said:

can't blame the makers though, this is totally selling in the market. Tanhajii's success proves it :lol:

Panipat was a colossal flop though :P

Edited by hope

46 minutes ago, dante77 said:

I nope'd the f**k out of that one just from the trailer. :rofl:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Difference being that Tanhaji is actually a well made movie in most respects (ignoring some historical inaccuracies of course).

Hey I aint judging, its cool to like shitty things.

I still think most of the Backstreet Boys songs slapped pretty f**king hard. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Aftrunner said:

Hey I aint judging, its cool to like shitty things.

I still think most of the Backstreet Boys songs slapped pretty f**king hard. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Awwww

Look guys, here is the cool guy of the forum. Look here, lets give him attention that he deserves

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Hope they postpone A Quiet Place as well :fear1:

Hmmm. Due to the coronavirus, theatres sales will be down. It has impacted all public events. E3 may be affected as well. 

Hope there is no further delay to the games since production of the cases is in China. 

Edited by Mysteryman

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Is that good or bad?? 

Good. 

f**k, I was really looking forward to seeing No time to die. :wallbash:

I have a feeling ticket prices are about to plummet but there are no good movies to watch. 

7 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Good. 

f**k, I was really looking forward to seeing No time to die. :wallbash:

I have a feeling ticket prices are about to plummet but there are no good movies to watch. 

We have Resident Evil 3 and Final Fantasy VII remakes in the April release window.