Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

21 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Trailer said it all. Tiger shroff is another John Abraham when it comes to acting. Wooden face and no expressions. Only he can dance and do stunts which have become quite repetitive in all his movies. Plus the unwanted dose of showing his physique in every scene and song has become so ridiculous. Even his gf Disha Patani doesn't expose so much in every scene emoji12.png

Eh, Disha Patni is basically wearing bikini with trinkets attached to it in that one item song.

Btw how much creatively bankrupt do you have to be to have 3 remakes of old songs out of total 5? Its incredible.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Eh, Disha Patni is basically wearing bikini with trinkets attached to it in that one item song.

Btw how much creatively bankrupt do you have to be to have 3 remakes of old songs out of total 5? Its incredible.

And one of those songs isnt even a remake, its exactly the same song. (Dus bahane) :rofl:

Story of Bollywood. No creativity at all. Just pick old songs, remix them, get some item dancer, rinse and repeat. Days of original songs are gone.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Story of Bollywood. No creativity at all. Just pick old songs, remix them, get some item dancer, rinse and repeat. Days of original songs are gone.

8 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

And one of those songs isnt even a remake, its exactly the same song. (Dus bahane) :rofl:

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

Wife still wants to see this. Thankfully I will be saved of seeing this torture of a movie due to Corona scare.

Bach gaye bhaisaab torture se :bigyellowgrin:. I've saved myself from not watching even one of his films. Trailer hi kafi hote hain :D.

There is a scarcity of good original songs these days, infact the remixes are also so dumb and rubbish that you feel like thrashing the remix composer.

Also you can see in what direction our bollywood is going after seeing the filmfare awardees. Good movies goes unnoticed and rubbish ones are praised.

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

There are movies that for some reason I'd missed, and then they got put in a place in my mind where I thought I'd get back to when I'd found a way to watch movies in the way I wanted to watch them. And then I forgot about that place. The Lord of the Rings was one such thing, and it lay forgotten till yesterday. I had refused to watch it outside a theatre like setting.

It's quite last gen to search every streaming service separately, and the internet told me that JustWatch would bring me up to date. JustWatch asked me to select titles I liked for recommendations. Usually I'd skip this part but JustWatch seemed like a well made app, and so I did select titles and later when I opened the app last night to find something on it, it recommended that I should watch LOTR.

Holy. sh*t. 

So strong was my urge to immediately watch the movie that I did not want to wait to get the BD. 

This movie is fantastic. It is fantasy distilled to its most basic ingredients, in near perfect proportions, and mixed together to teleport you an imagined world where every step is an adventure waiting to happen. The characters are interesting, the setting is majestic, and the presentation is absorbing. Every moment, every scene, every sequence is engrossing. 

At one time I was so into it that I did not want to look for the remote to pause it because I did not want to be distracted long enough to find the remote. I kid you not. 

I am completely, and utterly, blown away. In a way, I felt like one of the children in the scene where Bilbo Baggins was telling them a story in Shire. This movie then is an A/V manifestation of that scene: an enigmatic 'Grandpa' transporting us children away for hours in a fantastical world, a world which they truly believe he'd lived and survived to tell this story.

The scenery was so outlandish yet felt so real it made me imagine how the scenes and settings would've been described using just words in the book, while I was watching the movie. The dungeons, the mines, the ice, the falls, the dangers, and the twists, and the majestic Eye. This is what happens when capable creators align to pursue a singular vision. 

This experience is what life should be. You should be blown away. You should be transported.

Watch this if you haven't yet. Watch it in a worthy setting. 

"... so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

• Like 1

I know it's irrational but I always find it surprising when I learn that someone hasn't watched the LoTR trilogy yet :P

I myself haven't watched the extended editions yet because I find their runtimes rather intimidating.

Maybe it's finally time for me to watch them. 

What's the general consensus on the extended editions anyway? Are the lengthy run-times worth it?

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I know it's irrational but I always find it surprising when I learn that someone hasn't watched the LoTR trilogy yet :P

I myself haven't watched the extended editions yet because I find their runtimes rather intimidating.

Maybe it's finally time for me to watch them. 

What's the general consensus on the extended editions anyway? Are the lengthy run-times worth it?

Lol I used to not even know the Extended Edition existed, until I saw a DVD for the extended edition of the entire trilogy in a shop one day and got it (Along with a free poster). And I've watched it tons of times. LOTR trilogy is my most favorite movies ever (And I kinda hate the Hobbit trilogy though). It says something, that till now no movie has given me goosebumps like the Helm's Deep battle scenes, Last March of the Ents etc. From CG to music to acting, everything was perfect (Story goes without saying - I love the books more than the movies)

To answer your question, yes the extended trilogy is very much worth it. It adds seamlessly to the movie and gives tons of answers like what happened to Saruman along with tons of other scenes like Fellowship scenes, Boromir and Faramir's Camraderie etc. All of this really adds to the movie. And these are proper extended scenes. they are directly added to the movie at the correct times (Unlike say the Harry Potter scenes, where you basically get an option to select one of the "Cut Scenes" and if you watch the movie, it's the same as the theater version). And if you are getting the DVD it has tons of extras that are very much worth it

F**k just yesterday this came up in my YT recommendations, and brought up so many memories and emotions

And the content added in the extended editions is major. Fellowship adds 30 minutes to the movie, Two Towers adds around 40 minutes and Return of the King adds around 50 minutes, and all are proper epic content so you can imagine the value you are getting.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, achilles said:

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

There are movies that for some reason I'd missed, and then they got put in a place in my mind where I thought I'd get back to when I'd found a way to watch movies in the way I wanted to watch them. And then I forgot about that place. The Lord of the Rings was one such thing, and it lay forgotten till yesterday. I had refused to watch it outside a theatre like setting.

It's quite last gen to search every streaming service separately, and the internet told me that JustWatch would bring me up to date. JustWatch asked me to select titles I liked for recommendations. Usually I'd skip this part but JustWatch seemed like a well made app, and so I did select titles and later when I opened the app last night to find something on it, it recommended that I should watch LOTR.

Holy. sh*t. 

So strong was my urge to immediately watch the movie that I did not want to wait to get the BD. 

This movie is fantastic. It is fantasy distilled to its most basic ingredients, in near perfect proportions, and mixed together to teleport you an imagined world where every step is an adventure waiting to happen. The characters are interesting, the setting is majestic, and the presentation is absorbing. Every moment, every scene, every sequence is engrossing. 

At one time I was so into it that I did not want to look for the remote to pause it because I did not want to be distracted long enough to find the remote. I kid you not. 

I am completely, and utterly, blown away. In a way, I felt like one of the children in the scene where Bilbo Baggins was telling them a story in Shire. This movie then is an A/V manifestation of that scene: an enigmatic 'Grandpa' transporting us children away for hours in a fantastical world, a world which they truly believe he'd lived and survived to tell this story.

The scenery was so outlandish yet felt so real it made me imagine how the scenes and settings would've been described using just words in the book, while I was watching the movie. The dungeons, the mines, the ice, the falls, the dangers, and the twists, and the majestic Eye. This is what happens when capable creators align to pursue a singular vision. 

This experience is what life should be. You should be blown away. You should be transported.

Watch this if you haven't yet. Watch it in a worthy setting. 

"... so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

LOTR is the greatest movie ever made. None comes close.

Do watch extended edition. Its 4 hour long each one but it is worth it. 

34 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Return of the King is like 4 and half hours long with extended cut, yet that's the only version I've watched multiple times outside of the theater. I can't imagine watching the puny 3 hour version again :P

32 minutes ago, hope said:

LOTR is the greatest movie ever made. None comes close.

Do watch extended edition. Its 4 hour long each one but it is worth it. 

I honestly thought even this was a wee bit too long. Three hours is too much of a continuous load on my brain with this sheer level of awesomeness. 

I'm going to be watching the other two soon. What should be my first watch, the theatrical or the extended? 

24 minutes ago, achilles said:

I honestly thought even this was a wee bit too long. Three hours is too much of a continuous load on my brain with this sheer level of awesomeness. 

I'm going to be watching the other two soon. What should be my first watch, the theatrical or the extended? 

Watch all extended back to back, that is the only way. Two Towers kinda drags a bit in the middle, but man RotK will blow your mind if you thought Fellowship was epic.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Another very popular series I dont like is Harry Potter.

Even Prisoner of Azkaban??? 

I like first 5 HP movies. Still re-watch it. 

LOTR is all time good. Hobbit series is awful though. 

53 minutes ago, achilles said:

Watch the theatrical first if you thought first one was long.

Then watch the Hobbits. By the end of Hobbit Trilogy you would be having a strong urge to rewatch LOTR, start with extended then :)

Dont listen to Joe when he says Hobbit aint good. Its not at LOTR level but is very good. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Watch all extended back to back, that is the only way. Two Towers kinda drags a bit in the middle, but man RotK will blow your mind if you thought Fellowship was epic.

Fun fact: I've already watched TTT in a movie hall. My cousin dragged me to it saying it's awesome, and he'd already seen it, but neither him nor I had watched the first one till then. The good news is that I remember none of it, and I was too young then to have grasped the movie anyway. 

1 hour ago, achilles said:

Watch the extended version. Theatrical was just that - for theater releases, where you can't take a break. These problems are not there at home. At home, you have the luxury of pausing the movie at will, stopping to watch later etc. And frankly, if you watch Theatrical at home - it's the demo version and you will be missing a lot, and you will not have the will to watch extended later (Unless you become a fan). And the extended scenes are very much worth it. Also, if you get the extended version, the DVD extras are too awesome to miss out on.

Also don't do what @CarbonCore said. People tried that challenge and most ended up falling asleep. There are tons of epic scenes in Two Towers and Return of the King, and you will not enjoy it if you watch at a stretch.

@Joe Cool Kinda natural that Hobbit Trilogy was bad. Tolkien was a Master Story-Teller and Peter Jackson does not compare to him in that area. Since almost the entire Hobbit Trilogy was Peter Jackson's invention, you got his story rather than Tolkien's story.

Edited by roun90