Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

17 minutes ago, adity said:

Tried watching it a second. Found it pretty boring. It's not timeless like dark knight imo. 

I find Batman begins so much better to re watch than dark knight especially the first half of the movie.

The origin, training and transformation : so satisfying to watch.

Dark knight's second half is more worth re watching, overall begins for me.

Rises was not on the same level as the first two. 

Edited by GunnerY2J

1 hour ago, adity said:

Tried watching it a second. Found it pretty boring. It's not timeless like dark knight imo. 

Perhaps. I've watched Nolan's trilogy countless times, and its still damn entertaining. Most people are huge fans of the Dark Knight because of, well Joker and Batman Begins is also really good. But I really loved Dark Knight Rises. Also, the final scenes in Dark Knight Rises (after the explosion), that really took it to #1 for me. 

I like Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne (he plays the rich snob 10x better than RDJ as Stark), and the side characters were also really good. Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Lewitt and Tom Hardy (who were all new to the trilogy) really nailed their roles perfectly. Plus the recurring characters in Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, the trilogy wrapped up really well.

Unlike some other superhero movies where its taking actors 3 movies just to find their footing as the hero they're playing.

Ben Affleck's a great guy and all, but I didn't like his version of the Batman, and no offense, hes kinda old. Also didn't like Jared Leto's Joker, but then again he didn't get much screen time anyway. Joaquin brought a fresh twist to the joker, and a sense of insanity and dark humour that we haven't seen since 2008. We see him evolve into a Joker this time around, the origin story, unlike Dark Knight where we essentially start the movie with a psychotic (yet smart) criminal.

Watched Extraction. I mean its mostly Bangladesh and India, but I'm not sure whats up with the orange tint filter?

Anyway Hemsworth is obv great, he's built for action roles like this. It has the indian gully runs feel to it, with action-packed scenes in small laneways and chase sequences. 

16 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Watched Extraction. I mean its mostly Bangladesh and India, but I'm not sure whats up with the orange tint filter?

People think hot places like India, Mexico etc have an orange tint, and something like Russia or Alaska have a grey/blue tint.

• Haha 1

Just now, CarbonCore said:

People think hot places like India, Mexico etc have an orange tint, and something like Russia or Alaska have a grey/blue tint.

tr00 tr00

27 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Lmaooo :roflroll:

But I see what you mean, now that I remember other instances....

Rewatched The Dark Knight Rises.

Dude its so f**king good. Everyone kinda shat on it when it was released but I think we were just spoiled by The Dark Knight. Without those expectations, this is probably one of the best super hero movies and very, VERY good Batman movie. 

There is some cheese here and there but there are so many great moments, call out to classic Batman comics, Tom Hardy is just phenomenal as bane and that OST is straight fire. 

RISE!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Rewatched The Dark Knight Rises.

Dude its so f**king good. Everyone kinda shat on it when it was released but I think we were just spoiled by The Dark Knight. Without those expectations, this is probably one of the best super hero movies and very, VERY good Batman movie. 

There is some cheese here and there but there are so many great moments, call out to classic Batman comics, Tom Hardy is just phenomenal as bane and that OST is straight fire. 

RISE!

That scene where he's down in the pit trying to climb out, with the inmates chanting down below while Gotham is on the verge of getting destroyed....

Yep, that was amazing! 

Always found TDKR to be an overstuffed mess and lot of scenes just makes no sense. Begins is the only one that feels like a Batman movie.  The action and fight choreography in these movies are really bad. Let superheros be superheros and do superhero things for once. 

Spider-Man and Blade trilogies deserve a lot of credit for saving the genre after duds like Batman & Robin, Steel and Batman Forever in the 1990s. Spider-Man 3 could have been better if it weren't for Sony's decision to shoehorn 3 villains and they didn't let Raimi make Spider-Man 4. At least now, Raimi is back at Marvel for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness which is perfect project for him as he's also made the Evil Dead movies.