Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

After two crap movies, watched a decent one or even good.

entertaining to begin with its down to earth love story,

engaging in the middle with its revenge story

and a feel good emotion at the end

even if as a whole it is a confused script overstretching slightly at the end.

Very strong performance from Rajkumar and the movie has plenty of strong moments.

2 hours ago, Ne0 said:

wtf is wrong with you ? How is that smiley even relevant when you're taking about a dead person ?

Hes like this only. Yet to mature :P

31 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

After two crap movies, watched a decent one or even good.

entertaining to begin with its down to earth love story,

engaging in the middle with its revenge story

and a feel good emotion at the end

even if as a whole it is a confused script overstretching slightly at the end.

Very strong performance from Rajkumar and the movie has plenty of strong moments.

Which movie but? 

20 hours ago, Ne0 said:

wtf is wrong with you ? How is that smiley even relevant when you're taking about a dead person ?

meh, wtf is wrong with you? it was just for the brand SYSKA LED, not for him :doh: 

18 hours ago, hope said:

Hes like this only. Yet to mature :P

:doh: 

Anyhu, we lost yet another Legend...RIP Rishi Kapoor....This Year has truly been an awful one :( 

Watched Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut, simply because some lady on Quora said The Director's Cut is much much better than the Theatrical Cut, which was deemed mediocre when released. And boy was she right, Director's Cut is over 190 minutes and its a joy to watch it as Ridley Scott had intended for it to be watched. Breezed through the runtime and loved every bit of it.

Edited by gecko89

31 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Watched Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut, simply because some lady on Quora said The Director's Cut is much much better than the Theatrical Cut, which was deemed mediocre when released. And boy was she right, Director's Cut is over 190 minutes and its a joy to watch it as Ridley Scott had intended for it to be watched. Breezed through the runtime and loved every bit of it.

I only ever watched the Director's Cut and yeah, it was excellent!

It's been so long since I watched it though. I think I need to give it a re-watch some day.

9 minutes ago, The Panda said:

The 3 hour Director's Cut of Batman v Superman is good, too! *runs away*

Yes! I loved the directors cut too, too many important scenes were cut off in the theatrical! BvS sucked because of WB, not ZS! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Panda said:

The 3 hour Director's Cut of Batman v Superman is good, too! *runs away*

Agreed. I'm one of those few who loved Man of Steel and BvS, especially the Director's Cut. *hides under the bed*

Speaking of Director's Cut, Bladerunner, Watchmen, Gladiator, Terminator 2, Aliens all had this in common.

They should have ended the skywalker saga with return of the jedi. The sequel trilogy absolutely butchered the series and has done more harm than good to revive the series.

In fact they should have gone with independent stories like Rogue one, which was a far more interesting movie.

Or else, go back to the origins of the jedi. Say whatever the reviews may be, I really enjoyed the prequel trilogy back then.

They should have ended the skywalker saga with return of the jedi. The sequel trilogy absolutely butchered the series and has done more harm than good to revive the series.

In fact they should have gone with independent stories like Rogue one, which was a far more interesting movie.

Or else, go back to the origins of the jedi. Say whatever the reviews may be, I really enjoyed the prequel trilogy back then.

10 hours ago, adity said:

Directors cut was good but still 7/10 stuff. There were fundamental issues with the movie. History is not going to look back kindly at Snyder DCEU movies mostly because they sucked a*s. Literally every other DC movie has been good since Snyder left (wonder woman, Shazam, joker, even birds of prey was decent from what I've heard). 

I actually think history will be kind to Zack Snyder's films. Man of Steel has gained a decent following over the years, especially for its depiction of Superhero action amassing millions of views on YT. Batman v Superman Director's Cut has also gained cult-ish following. Even his other films like Legend of the Guardians and Sucker Punch(esp among women and LGBT community) go viral on Twitter every now and then amassing thousands of engagements. So if anything, I am seeing the opposite effect here.