Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

On 5/5/2020 at 8:33 AM, playstationdude said:

They should have ended the skywalker saga with return of the jedi. The sequel trilogy absolutely butchered the series and has done more harm than good to revive the series.

In fact they should have gone with independent stories like Rogue one, which was a far more interesting movie.

Or else, go back to the origins of the jedi. Say whatever the reviews may be, I really enjoyed the prequel trilogy back then.

The star wars universe is too big a franchise to ignore and a huge financial opportunity. For me, the continuation is fine but the new series was marred by poor writing, decisions, direction and low production values. I wanted to see that Lucas version but the 3 main actors are too old so Disney made an alternate story to kill them off one by one. 

Well Disney isn’t all bad in Star Wars stuff. Heard The Mandalorian is good and I am yet to see it. The Fallen order is a great game and glad that EA is proceeding on its sequel. The just concluded animated clone wars final season has a fitting ending. Independent stories are a welcome addition too but they are risky as the hype for them is low. 

Edited by Mysteryman

Yep. STAR WARS is too big to not make. It's free money even if movies turn out bad. 

That said I loved Rogue One and even SOLO more than new trilogy. ?

Can somebody  please recommend me to watch any good Suspense/Crime/Thriller/Mystery movies. (Preferably if it’s on Netflix or Prime or Hotstar but not a problem even if it’s not available)  Considering most of the good stuff I have already watched it related to the genres which I mentioned. (whatever available on those three platforms but might have missed something so never know)

Hindi/English anything would do.

Recently finished watching Talvar movie. Really liked it. The movie kinda made me believe their parents were innocent but don’t know. Overall good movie. 

Edited by GameAnalyzer

1 hour ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Can somebody  please recommend me to watch any good Suspense/Crime/Thriller/Mystery movies.

Off the top of my head.

Memories of Murder (Korean)

Gone Girl

Prisoners

Don't Breathe

Calibre (this could be considered a bit slow-paced but it's still good)

Ugly (Hindi)

Also watch Children of Men, if you haven't already. It probably doesn't entirely fit what you're looking for but you should watch it nonetheless because it's a masterpiece.

Can somebody  please recommend me to watch any good Suspense/Crime/Thriller/Mystery movies. (Preferably if it’s on Netflix or Prime or Hotstar but not a problem even if it’s not available)  Considering most of the good stuff I have already watched it related to the genres which I mentioned. (whatever available on those three platforms but might have missed something so never know)

Recently finished watching Talvar movie. Really liked it. The movie kinda made me believe their parents were innocent but don’t know. Overall good movie. 
Have you seen The Outsider? Its a mini series, so technically a big movie but an excellent one! It is on hotstar.

6 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Uncut gems, Murder Mystery, Dark, The rain, Unbrella Academy, A series of unfortunate events, etc?

9 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

"Searching" on Amazon prime

Some old movies you might have missed.

Johnny Gaddar is a good crime thriller, not that well know.

Ek Hasina thi also by the same director (realised it now).

Don't go by the name, it is a thriller and a good one and dark too.

And no smoking is a strange movie but has a great element of mystery.

very good and might not make sense, might love it or hate it : strong performance from Paresh Rawal and suprisingly John too - he suits the character.

13b as well if you want some horror along, perfect combination.

Edited by GunnerY2J

I liked Uncut Gems too. It's weird how an actor who I find annoying played a character who is supposed to be annoying and I still ended up liking the movie.

8 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Johnny Gaddar is a good crime thriller, not that well know.

Yup. A fantastic movie which is very underappreciated.

25 minutes ago, adity said:

I really didn't like the movie. It annoyed the f**k out of me. It was too chaotic and Adam Sandler was such a piece of sh*t. 

Yeah, even I found it very annoying initially but that changed as the movie went along. Adam Sandler's character was still a piece of sh*t but by the end, I kinda felt bad for the guy. It's weird but maybe that's a sign of a good screenplay.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

13 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah, even I found it very annoying initially but that changed as the movie went along. Adam Sandler's character was still a piece of sh*t but by the end, I kinda felt bad for the guy. It's weird but maybe that's a sign of a good screenplay.

It's meant to be like that. You know the protagonist is an a-hole but in the end you feel bad for him. I think this is the closest to a GTA movie we'll ever get.

Punch-Drunk Love is another great Sandler movie. 

39 minutes ago, Animus said:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/7/21251444/national-treasure-disney-plus-series-development-theatrical-movie-3

A National Treasure Disney Plus series is in development

There’s a third theatrical film in the works, too

I liked National Treasure

Edited by SRINI87