Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

1 hour ago, SRINI87 said:

I liked National Treasure

2 hours ago, Animus said:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/7/21251444/national-treasure-disney-plus-series-development-theatrical-movie-3

A National Treasure Disney Plus series is in development

There’s a third theatrical film in the works, too

I loved both the movies and eagerly awaiting the 3rd one. 

Hope the series has Nic Cage too. He's the real National treasure.

Watched "The Half of It" on Netflix.

Netflix has really been churning out teen romances for a while, but this one is good for once.

Its pretty different, and a good watch if you're up for some funny moments. 

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

Watching Life right now (Jake Gyllenhaal, Ryan Reynolds, etc.). Apart from the slow pace (which is fine for me), it's intriguing for a space-nerd like me. Let's see how it ends.

Ended pretty well. Decent movie, overall.

Watched 'The Other Son'. Good watch has a really deep meaning and kinda thought provoking that our identity (religion, status, finance, everything) is just based on the family in which we are born into. Could've been anyone at the end of the day, could've been wearing someone else's shoes. 

Watched two movies
1. Sublime
This was a really cool movie. Its a trippy hospital horror movie but the acting by the lead is very good.

2. The Platform
This was a great movie. Very well made and acted. The ending felt a bit weak but everything else was fantastic. 88e79e03c94a4359feb78c4f12dbde54.jpg1e5364334e5493486f2e8de40b713cc1.jpg

Sent from my i2 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, mohit9206 said:

2. The Platform
This was a great movie. Very well made and acted. The ending felt a bit weak but everything else was fantastic. 1e5364334e5493486f2e8de40b713cc1.jpg

Sent from my i2 using Tapatalk

Obvio

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Premise was good, and it starts well but these days every comedy movie ends up sending some social message or something. I didnt like the second half.

I never realised that it was a comedy movie and as far as comedy movies go, haven't watched a good one in many years.

43 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Premise was good, and it starts well but these days every comedy movie ends up sending some social message or something. I didnt like the second half.

I never realised that it was a comedy movie and as far as comedy movies go, haven't watched a good one in many years.

Watched Passengers. I really liked the movie. I can see there is a lot of hate on the Internet about this movie but for me it was quite entertaining and really enjoyed it. Now i can understand the argument that they could have gone in different directions with the plot and some of the ideas I've read are indeed quite cool and would have made for a better film but i still enjoyed what i saw.
059bfc068a81dbe15c82d76cdc11cf39.jpg

Okay, so Joker was... conflicting. You can split it into two parts: the f**k-all, and then after. The movie got me hooked in the last 45 minutes, and I wanted it to go on and not end. 

It starts working when ARThur

Spoiler

kills his mother. 

And then it offers true "agent of chaos" like joker vibe. 

There's good art in it, lucid visuals and funky music with Joaquin's craziness. 

If you don't let the first 80 or so minutes get on your nerves, the last 45 are so worth it. 

Spoiler

PS:  I wanted Thomas W to be the father. That would've explained Bruce too. "To them, you're just a freak, like me".