Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

57 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Is Crazy Rich Asians a family friendly movie?

I wanna watch with my mom later today.
It's titled Rom-Com, but rom-coms can be lewd at times.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Why do you watch rom coms with your mom? They are risky AF.

As a habit I never watch any movie /series with my parents unless its Taarak Mehta or Bhakarvadi. Safe and best  

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Trash movie.  

Always Be My Maybe was rather better rom-com and family entertainer. 

Both movies are PG-13. 

Will check it out.

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Why do you watch rom coms with your mom? They are risky AF.

As a habit I never watch any movie /series with my parents unless its Taarak Mehta or Bhakarvadi. Safe and best  

No offense bro, but I personally think all Hindi soaps are trash. Even if there is a hidden gem out there, not going to bother.

Plus we don't like to engage in long shows anyway. English movies work best. 

My parents can watch whatever they want separately, I don't wanna watch it with them. My mom watched Sex Education start to finish. Told her I haven't seen it, wont bother either. 

I think its a good show, and I won't mind them seeing it, but Id rather not see stuff like that together.

For example. we watched this movie called Due Date, starring Robert Downey Jr and Zach Galfia-whats-his-name

It was hilarious and a fantastic time. Would highly recommend it. Plus shows you some of the best parts of the US.

Spoiler

There's just one scene where Zach is jerking off in the car, and RDJ wakes up to see him. Then asks if he's using lotion or something. 

There's also a couple scenes where they smoke pot but thats fine

2 hours ago, Defender487 said:

LIKED MANDALORIAN

IS DARK WORTH WATCHING

OR

WHICH  SHOULD I WATCH ALTERED CARBON - STRANGER THINGS - LOST IN SPACE ?

Is your capslock button not working?

2 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

For example. we watched this movie called Due Date, starring Robert Downey Jr and Zach Galfia-whats-his-name

It was hilarious and a fantastic time. Would highly recommend it. Plus shows you some of the best parts of the US.

Hide contents

There's just one scene where Zach is jerking off in the car, and RDJ wakes up to see him. Then asks if he's using lotion or something. 

There's also a couple scenes where they smoke pot but thats fine

Due Date is awesome! Have re-watched it bunch of times, still fun as ever. 

17 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Due Date is awesome! Have re-watched it bunch of times, still fun as ever. 

Yes. Its such a different comedy movie than the usual garbage.

Purely comedy, no romance bullshit.

Don't mind romance, but then its usually pretty badly done.

We're the Millers, 21/22 Jump Street was also pretty funny, but its not something I'd watch with the fam

Edited by Chirag2001

23 hours ago, dante77 said:

Angry birds. Dora. Any superhero movie. Detective pikachu. Gulabo Sitabo. Crawl. Parasite. Jumanji or any Rock movie.

Depends on what you wanna watch. Above are movies of every genre and they were listed om my Home page of prime.

Animated movies? I mean they're not bad but meh. 

My family already watched Gulabo Sitabo, said it was pretty bad except the ending

But yes, most movies with the Rock are good family entertainers. Thanks, totally forgot about the dude hehe

• Like 1

Just now, Chirag2001 said:

Animated movies? I mean they're not bad but meh. 

I find animated movies more emotionally engaging than anything live action. I just saw Coco couple of months ago. It made me more emotionally invested than any live action did. Same with Toy Story 4, Frozen 2, Tangled etc etc. idk how they manage but they do, 

• Like 1

Oh yeah sure. Tangled and The Croods were pretty good.

And I like anime too, but its not a family movie thing for me at least. 

Prefer live action, but serious. Thinking of watching The Darkest Hour, the one where Gary Oldman finally bagged his Oscar. 

Saw this classic , Kramer vs Kramer on netflix.  Had heard of it before, but finally got around to watching it.  It has aged really well and some of the themes the movie focuses is so much relevant even to this day.  It perfectly captures the dynamics of a crumbling marriage and the effects that it has the children involved.  Would definitely count it among the best movies I've watched so far.

Watched half of creed 1.

No similarity to the rocky movies in relation to the theme of them.

Rocky movies were much more than boxing movies, they were about life : the struggle, the hopelessness, the uprising, the epic personal conversations and you feel and root for rocky in every movie especially the first two parts.

No rooting here for anyone and the love story angle here was a terrible.