Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

He destroyed his own movie because was asking him to make a lot of changes

hmmm, not surprised , SP3 was the worst of the 3 .... actually one of the worst superhero movies in general.  I thought the franchise was dead until it bounced back with far from home;  Loved the first 2 spidey movies of sam raimi (2nd being one of my all time favs and have watched multiple times).  But far from home was the closest to the goofy comic book spiderman we've come to know and like.  At times, I feel Tom Holland is more suited to play Spiderman than tobey maguire.  Tobey was good, but , err .... too emo !

Edited by Ne0

20 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

yeah, one of the most cringeworthy scenes in any superhero movie .... don't know what was the director thinking :doh:

its intentionally cringy. look at how the women on the street are reacting. they are quite litreally, cringing. the whole point of the scene is that the symbiote is making Peter become someone he is not. 

You're supposed to reach with "f**ckin hell peter what the *bleep* are you doing"

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, adity said:

He's also a nerd loser. Symbiote is like souped up booze giving Peter crazy confidence. That's just his idea of cool and that's why he acts like that. It's fitting with his character. 

Yes Booze is a good comparison actually :P 

That would have been cringy if the other girls loved it, but Peter continuing on not caring for the reaction of others takes over confidence, self righteousness and  charisma which he didn't have.

And his moves are really smooth. 

Watching the scene makes me wish I had that kind of levels to do that once on the street :p

Tobey Maguire is the best for me because you feel for him and it goes beyond a superhero movie.

Spiderman 3 still has great action for its time and arguably better than any of the later parts.

Also, watched Dil bechara hai (because I got free subscription from Tata sky)

Again, because of what happened reviews are claiming an above average movie to be something of a masterpiece.

Edited by GunnerY2J

4 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

The Babysitter on Netflix. Pretty good slasher comedy. I'll be honest, I watched it for Samara Weaving.

The wikipedia description-

When Cole stays up past his bedtime, he discovers that his hot baby sitter belongs to a satanic cult that will stop at nothing to keep him quiet.

:majesty::majesty:

On 7/25/2020 at 3:56 PM, adity said:

He's also a nerd loser. Symbiote is like souped up booze giving Peter crazy confidence. That's just his idea of cool and that's why he acts like that. It's fitting with his character. 

Honestly though, if that scene had Andrew Garfield doing the exact same thing it would be seen differently 

Especially by female audiences :bigyellowgrin:

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

The wikipedia description-

When Cole stays up past his bedtime, he discovers that his hot baby sitter belongs to a satanic cult that will stop at nothing to keep him quiet.

:majesty::majesty:

31 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Saw it long back. Great slasher comedy. WTFing every scene. 

And there's a sequel coming this year on Netflix. And the whole cast is coming back, no idea how but considering the premise I'm sure they'll come up with some weird explanation :D

Tenet will open internationally, followed by U.S. release

Will debut internationally starting on Aug. 26 before opening in select cities in the U.S. over Labor Day weekend on Sept. 3.

The studio announced Monday that “Tenet” is launching in theaters at the end of August in 70 overseas territories, including Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Russia and the United Kingdom. At this time, it’s unclear what parts of the United States will play the film. The studio does not have plans yet to release “Tenet” in China.

See “Tenet’s” global release plan below: 

• Wednesday, Aug. 26: Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Italy, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
  • Thursday, Aug. 27: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Israel, Lebanon, Malaysia, Middle East, New Zealand, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates
  • Friday, Aug. 28: East Africa, Ghana, Nigeria, Norway, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Vietnam
  • Wednesday, Sept. 3: United States, Kuwait and Qatar
  • Thursday, Sept. 10: Azerbaijan, CIS Others, Kazakhstan, Russia
  • Thursday, Sept. 17: Cyprus
  • Friday, Sept. 18: Japan
  • Dates TBD: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, South Africa, Uruguay, Venezuela

9 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Tenet will open internationally, followed by U.S. release

Will debut internationally starting on Aug. 26 before opening in select cities in the U.S. over Labor Day weekend on Sept. 3.

See “Tenet’s” global release plan below: 

• Wednesday, Aug. 26: Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Holland, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Italy, Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom
  • Thursday, Aug. 27: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Israel, Lebanon, Malaysia, Middle East, New Zealand, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates
  • Friday, Aug. 28: East Africa, Ghana, Nigeria, Norway, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Vietnam
  • Wednesday, Sept. 3: United States, Kuwait and Qatar
  • Thursday, Sept. 10: Azerbaijan, CIS Others, Kazakhstan, Russia
  • Thursday, Sept. 17: Cyprus
  • Friday, Sept. 18: Japan
  • Dates TBD: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Puerto Rico, South Africa, Uruguay, Venezuela

I guess this means spoilers will be out in the wild soon :\

After seeing his time travel trial run from interstellar, i'm not so sure ! I mean it was a good movie and all, but nowhere close to his previous stuff like prestige / inception.  I didn't see any of his other movies after that too, I believe he released some war movie after that.