Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

16 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Yup. That trailer needs to be disliked. No correlation between the original Sadak. Looks cheap publicity.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Original Sadak was awesome. Mahesh Bhatt used to make fantastic movies. If i am not wrong, this is his first movie as a director after Zakhm, right? Man, how good was Zakhm..

5 hours ago, kmkaks said:

I watched a Tamil film Visaranai on Netflix. Pleasantly surprised.

It won the national award, and was also chosen as India's entry for Oscar that year.

The director(Vetrimaaran) is pretty good, love most of his movies, mainly Aadukalam, and Vada Chennai. 

25 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

It won the national award, and was also chosen as India's entry for Oscar that year.

The director(Vetrimaaran) is pretty good, love most of his movies, mainly Aadukalam, and Vada Chennai. 

Yeah. I loved Asuran too. Just learned he directed both. Missed out on Aadukalam, have to watch it next.

10 hours ago, hope said:

Gunjan Saxena is very good. Pankaj tripathi is brilliant.

Jhanvi kapoor is decent too. 

It was a decent watch.

The only thing I didn't like was the over exaggerated gender bias that was shown in the movie. I don't think she actually faced that much bias in reality. I understand movie makers have to fictionalize stuff but it became too much after a while. 

Agree with hope for Pankaj Tripathi's brilliant acting and Jhanvi Kapoor's decent acting. A good one time watch.

Saw Jaanu. Although the film is a faithful remake of 96, Sherwanand blows. He is totally exposed as a weak actor when compared to Vijay Sethupathi. Samantha was almost toe to toe with Trisha though.

32 minutes ago, Django_3101 said:

The only thing I didn't like was the over exaggerated gender bias that was shown in the movie. I don't think she actually faced that much bias in reality. I understand movie makers have to fictionalize stuff but it became too much after a while.

There's sort of a case filed in the CBFC against Dharma for those scenes.

Dharma had approached the Indian Air Force and apparently, had agreed to tone down a lot of the scenes which show the IAF in bad light. They did not honour that agreement and went ahead with the 'too harsh' scenes which show the gender bias of the IAF.

Not sure what happened then, though as the movie is still available on Netflix.

1 hour ago, VelivolusDas said:

There's sort of a case filed in the CBFC against Dharma for those scenes.

Dharma had approached the Indian Air Force and apparently, had agreed to tone down a lot of the scenes which show the IAF in bad light. They did not honour that agreement and went ahead with the 'too harsh' scenes which show the gender bias of the IAF.

Not sure what happened then, though as the movie is still available on Netflix.

didn't know about that. Although, there was a disclaimer in the beginning yet I felt it was too much to glorify Gunjan Saxena's character on screen. The movie could have been much better if they would have shown more drills or missions she was sent to during Kargil war. She was involved in around 40 evacuation missions yet the movie shows only one.  

Edited by Django_3101