Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

7 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Oh you're one of those people..

Yup. :P

Not that Aliens is bad. It's fun, action packed. But in terms of atmosphere and setting up a story, Alien is right at the top. 

Alien 3 and 4, super B grade. Ripley's child and all the sh*t. 

• Like 1

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/kane-chronicles-rick-riordan-netflix-percy-jackson-1234768519/

Its a really good time for book adaptations lol. ^^ Netflix is gonna turn Riordan's Egyptian Fantasy Kane Chronicles into movies. 

Hoping they announce cast soon.

@Django_3101 You asked for book recs for a 12 year old? Percy Jackson is the obvious favourite, but this is also by the same author, and its fairly decent.

And now they're both being adapted by Netflix.

The Babysitter: Killer Queen was very bad as expected from Netflix movies.

Terrible acting and CGI. Over the top cringy lines. The jokes never land. Tries too hard with shitty special effects. 

Mid-section was okay. From boat house till hill. Max and John stole the scenes. "I'M NOT EVEN MAD BRO!" But rest of the them were awful. The ending...oh dear. ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/kane-chronicles-rick-riordan-netflix-percy-jackson-1234768519/

Its a really good time for book adaptations lol. ^^ Netflix is gonna turn Riordan's Egyptian Fantasy Kane Chronicles into movies. 

Hoping they announce cast soon.

@Django_3101 You asked for book recs for a 12 year old? Percy Jackson is the obvious favourite, but this is also by the same author, and its fairly decent.

And now they're both being adapted by Netflix.

Thanks man! really appreciate it :hug:

Saw Arrival on netflix.  The premise was very interesting, and the movie was going good until some 3/4th , didn't like the way it concluded.  I was expecting more of alien / human interaction and some other cool stuff towards the end, but the ending was kinda underwhelming considering the intriguing premise the movie had.  Also, what's up with space and

time travel

, first with interstellar and now this :-/

3 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I loved Arrival. Especially Amy Adams performance. 

performances were awesome no doubt, but i didn't feel like the whole

we have only come here to help you understand new language

conclusion satisfactory.  I was expecting more interaction in terms of their soceity / culture and many different aspects they could've added to make it more interesting, also had a deeper / larger goal they had when they arrived.  It had lot of potential, which was wasted IMO.

The Babysitter: Killer Queen was very bad as expected from Netflix movies.

Terrible acting and CGI. Over the top cringy lines. The jokes never land. Tries too hard with shitty special effects. 

Mid-section was okay. From boat house till hill. Max and John stole the scenes. "I'M NOT EVEN MAD BRO!" But rest of the them were awful. The ending...oh dear. [emoji1751]
I usually never stop watching a movie halfway. This was an easy decision.

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Re-watched few oldies this week

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - such a joy to watch. Not a single dull moment. Love it.

Top Gun - music still holds up but rest of the movie is so-so as usual. Looking forward to the squeal. 

Breakfast Club - felt little slow but Bender performance is absolutely fantastic! 

The Karate Kid - time flew watching it. 

Best part was re-watching all these put a big smile on the face. ? 

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching the Babysitter sequel.

Starts out great then nosedives like Lara Croft off a cliff overlooking a waterfall.

Some grade 'A' mediocrity, there's no way 10 mins of Samara Weaving at the end could change my mind, I could have been playing Apex instead of watching this burning turd.