Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

5 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

Since, Justice League did not succeed in giving competition to Avengers, WB is trying to replicate the success of GOTG with Suicide Squad.

Justice league was much better than either suicide squad though.

Imo if Snyder cut isnt recieved well, WB need to take a step back from making DC movies for a year or 2 and reevaluate a reboot.

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Justice league was much better than either suicide squad though.

Imo if Snyder cut isnt recieved well, WB need to take a step back from making DC movies for a year or 2 and reevaluate a reboot.

They can’t reboot because some parts of DC franchise are well received by audience like WW, Aquaman and Harley Quinn, so they are stuck, the path they are currently following is the safest one. I do not see them taking a break anytime soon.

Snyder Cut will be divisive at best and I am saying that as someone who thinks BVS Ultimate Cut shits all over the highly regarded MCU and DCU capeshit.

To understand things better:

Snyder Cut was greenlit directly by AT&T executives pushing aside the reluctant WB to generate maximum buzz for HBOMax with negligible budget for a drastically different version of a huge IP. To maximize the buzz, it's being released as a mini-series (one hour long episode every week) and Snyder is going all in by incorporating all his crazy ideas from his JL2 and JL3 scripts into it (Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Lois Lane dead with only Batman, The Flash and half-broken Cyborg surviving in a post-apocalyptic (Knightmare) world with evil Superman serving Darkseid).

If it generates enough BUZZ (reviews aren't taken into account much by streaming services anymore), then fans like me will rejoice and the Snyderverse continues either theatrically or on HBOMax separate from DCEU canon (depending on the numbers).

If it doesn't generate enough BUZZ (which I doubt considering how much it is constantly in the news), then there's already Flashpoint in the making to soft reboot everything. Either way, I am happy because I am getting more than what I wanted from the Snyder Cut which I fought for 3 years.

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 11:10 AM, Chirag2001 said:

Sorkin at the helm, and Eddie Redmayne and Joseph Gordon-Lewitt in the cast!

Now out on Netflix, will watch tonight hopefully. 

Loved it. Fantastic movie. What a performance from everyone and the court room drama was perfect. :D 

3 hours ago, him2anshu said:

Since, Justice League did not succeed in giving competition to Avengers, WB is trying to replicate the success of GOTG with Suicide Squad.
Also, they do not need to use A Listers in SS and can use and rotate large roster of characters without receiving hate from general audience. They do not have that kind of freedom with JL.

DCEU will be a decade old soon and they're still trying to figure out what to do. There's no character development, nothing to care. What a mess.