Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Epic tracks from Zimmer as expected.

Apparently, Zimmer was so inspired that he continued writing music even after the movie was finished and came up with two extra albums :lol:

The album release schedule is as follows:

September 3rd will see the release of the digital album The Dune Sketchbook (Music from the Soundtrack), which is comprised of extended, immersive musical explorations of the “Dune” film score. Of significant note is that this album will be released in both Standard and Dolby Atmos Music configurations, and marks Zimmer’s first soundtrack released in Dolby Atmos Music – a listening technology he has wholeheartedly embraced for the music of “Dune.”

September 17th brings the digital album release of Dune (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), which will feature the iconic composer’s “Dune” film score. It, too, will be released in both Standard and Dolby Atmos Music configurations.

October 22nd is the digital release date for The Art and Soul of Dune, which is the companion soundtrack to the book of the same title, offering uniquely crafted versions of the film’s main themes curated by Zimmer to accompany the reader on their journey through this visually dazzling book, which was written by the film’s executive producer Tanya Lapointe and offers unparalleled insight and exploration into the film.

Source

• Like 1

3 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Epic tracks from Zimmer as expected.

Apparently, Zimmer was so inspired that he continued writing music even after the movie was finished and came up with two extra albums :lol:

Source

There are other books in the series if I remember correctly. The other albums can be utilised for the sequels, if they ever made some.

4 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I like it. Won't capture the original movie but this looks good enough for the newer generation to see Ghostbusters. 

I don't like how it is trying to make Ghostbusters some epic legacy stuff though. It was just a goofy sci-fi comedy movie while this looks way too serious. The effects look nice though.

Looking forward to it. 

13 hours ago, him2anshu said:

There are other books in the series if I remember correctly. The other albums can be utilised for the sequels, if they ever made some.

Yeah, they're bound to reuse stuff for the sequels (if they ever get made).

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

They could go on forever if they decide to make sequels on the books it has. Of course everything goes down the drain if it goes the John Carter way. 

I actually liked John carter tbh. I haven't read the books but I feel it got a lot more sh*t than it deserved. Movie wasnt bad at all.

1 minute ago, playstationdude said:

I actually liked John carter tbh. I haven't read the books but I feel it got a lot more sh*t than it deserved. Movie wasnt bad at all.

I did too, pace was lil off but overall enjoyed it. Unfortunately, it was a big flop for Disney.

John Carter was a little too cheesy and kinda similar to Prince of Persia, which also underperformed but both were enjoyable flicks. Hope Dune will do better and Dennis gets to make at least one or two sequels. His luck during BR2049 was bad, otherwise we would have gotten some spinoffs or sequels by now.

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

The actress was a good option to play WW

19 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Oh man hope it stays high! 

It's probably going to. The avg. rating so far is 8.1/10, which means individual ratings are high as well. It's safe to say that critics are loving it.