Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

^^That's just clips from the original with a card that says Hemsworth's character lived (which I think everyone surmised)

Also, watched Free Guy.

No idea how it made that much money, maybe people have some iron faith in Reynolds.

Thought it was mediocre one time watch :/

Edited by gecko89

12 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Saw a clip of free guy on Twitter. Looked completely unfunny. Just references to other properties and no actual jokes. 

Is the whole movie like this? 

Half of the jokes fell flat for me, rest were good, no laugh out loud stuff though. Acceptable CG and few streamer cameos. Feels like it was targeted at the kids and teen audience specifically. Taika felt forced.

One thing I did like a lot was Jodie Comer and Joe Keery's storyline.

5 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

Same, I even almost booked the tickets, but saw the occupancy and the theatres are getting full for the weekend shows, and fear got the best of me and changed my mind.

Go on a weekday, that's how I watched Shang-Chi few weeks ago.

Debating whether to see NTTD in theaters or not, long runtime and I wasn't a fan of Spectre which this one is apparently a follow up. :nerves:

5 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

Same, I even almost booked the tickets, but saw the occupancy and the theatres are getting full for the weekend shows, and fear got the best of me and changed my mind.

Debating whether to see NTTD in theaters or not, long runtime and I wasn't a fan of Spectre which this one is apparently a follow up. :nerves:

1 minute ago, cyberpunk said:

Weekday won’t get time due to office and the reviews state that even with long runtime, the pacing is good and the movie is much better than Quantum of Solace and Spectre.

25 minutes ago, him2anshu said:

Weekday won’t get time due to office and the reviews state that even with long runtime, the pacing is good and the movie is much better than Quantum of Solace and Spectre.

Will try to sneak out sometime during this week. I have been waiting too long for this one.

8 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Dune's gonna demand a visit to the theaters next month though.

Some reviews suggest otherwise, will wait for the general audience reactions. Also, it will be releasing on HBO Max, so I can easily watch it at home on projector.

Edited by him2anshu