Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

2 hours ago, him2anshu said:

Some reviews suggest otherwise, will wait for the general audience reactions. Also, it will be releasing on HBO Max, so I can easily watch it at home on projector.

Ah okay.

Personally, I think that if there's one movie out this year that demands to be seen in theaters, it's Dune. Even if the movie falls short on some stuff, I trust Villeneuve to have crafted a wholly epic theatrical experience.

6 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Ah okay.

Personally, I think that if there's one movie out this year that demands to be seen in theaters, it's Dune. Even if the movie falls short on some stuff, I trust Villeneuve to have crafted a wholly epic theatrical experience.

Agreed, if the situation was normal and they were not releasing it on streaming simultaneously - I would’ve definitely opted for a theatre experience. But, with reports of breakthrough delta cases, the fear of incoming third wave and the option of watching at home on Day 1…staying at home makes more sense. Hopefully, things will be better in December.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 12:48 AM, STICK3Rboy said:

Ah okay.

I agree. 

Partly due to Dune being one of my favourite books of all time (re-reading right now); and my faith in Villeneuve and the star-studded cast.

Can't see this going wrong, I highly recommend going and watching this in theatres, in IMAX. Will be a surreal experience, no question.

Also, box office sales matter to get the sequel underway - so go watch it in theatres :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Enjoyed Free Guy. It is such a happy, feel-good movie. Cheesy and some jokes didn't land but overall very chill to watch. 

Avengers theme scene was sweet. Theater crowd would have popped. ?

On 10/4/2021 at 9:52 PM, R3D_D3ViL said:

The 'sequel' is already underway because they have broken the first book into two movies. The one releasing is basically Dune: Part 1

yes, it will end halfway roughly. I meant the rest of the series. 

Anyway I'm pretty sure before the release date was 15th October but they've pushed it back a week now :( 

8 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Enjoyed Free Guy. It is such a happy, feel-good movie. Cheesy and some jokes didn't land but overall very chill to watch. 

Avengers theme scene was sweet. Theater crowd would have popped. ?

Yup fun movie some jokes were off but overall sweet. 
Damn i miss the theatres.

14 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Venom 1? Amazon prime

sounds good, will watch today or tomorrow.

edit: kya prank hai, lol Prime does not have it. Or at least I cannot see it. 

have to wait until 15th for Free Guy to stream on Hotstar I think? Can someone confirm?

In other news -

The Batman Will Be A Masterpiece, Says Andy Serkis

Edited by North