Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

On 12/16/2021 at 10:18 PM, CarbonCore said:

He's like the second most OP Marvel hero after Capt Marvel.

That would be Doctor Strange who single handedly took on Thanos with the gauntlet and a few infinity stones

and I am not even counting the events of What If series

15 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah I really hope a movie made by 2 trans women doesn't delve into any of the woke liberal nonsense. 

Resurrections is by one of the sisters, unlike the trilogy where both were directors. 

Also, some of their other works, Cloud Atlas, V for vendetta, speed racer, ninja assassin, there's no wokeism. 

It's always studios that pretend to be woke that go ahead and force that idea on the viewers and end up making stuff cringey.

32 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Damn, I went on a roller coaster while reading tweets from the 1st link itself 

I am really invested in Resurrections being fresh and amazing, good content and it’s really stressful to know that the movie is divisive. What have you done, Lana!!

it will be so stressful to watch, damn :nerves:

8 hours ago, 0verlord said:

That would be Doctor Strange who single handedly took on Thanos with the gauntlet and a few infinity stones

and I am not even counting the events of What If series

I'm not talking about MCU. Spidey in MCU is a Spider-boy at best. Also you should watch NWH. 

Hold up, in the recent King in black comics, Knull basically whoops every Marvel heroes butt. Eddie Brock Venom combines with the Enigma force, uses his newfound powers to call Mjolnir and Silver surfers board to him (much to the surprise of its owners) and combines it to create a superaxe, then uses it to destroy Knull and his darksword (capable of killing celestials) with ease.

So yeah, basically whoever the writer decides to be the most powerful, spidey in this case would be squashed like a bug. 

4 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Hold up, in the recent King in black comics, Knull basically whoops every Marvel heroes butt. Eddie Brock Venom combines with the Enigma force, uses his newfound powers to call Mjolnir and Silver surfers board to him (much to the surprise of its owners) and combines it to create a superaxe, then uses it to destroy Knull and his darksword (capable of killing celestials) with ease.

So yeah, basically whoever the writer decides to be the most powerful, spidey in this case would be squashed like a bug. 

Did you read the whole KIB arc ? I just read the main comic, but there are f**kton of tie in issues. 

6 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

From the director of The Witch and The Lighthouse... this can't come soon enough 

Maybe it's just the trailer but it looks like a pretty conventional revenge movie. Was expecting something more :|

Still looking forward to it, but I'm more excited for Nosferatu.

12 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Yeah, which is why I said that Spidey being one of the oldest heroes, he's been penned by so many people over the decades and done some crazy sh*t. Like beating the Silver Surfer or web-snatching the Mjolnir out of Thor's hands. You just put the more powerful being in a compromised state.

44 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Ok seems like maharasthra only

43 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Yes. Seems like it. I had 1 booked for Sunday (19) morning, but skipped it when I checked the seat status in the morning. Absolutely jam packed.

MH is taking 50% seat occupancy pretty seriously. The poor theater guys had to close all theaters for almost 2 years. They allowed opening of theaters far later than all the other states. State Govt. will also close the theaters again at the drop of a hat. Theaters are at the very bottom of the list of priorities for MH Govt. I don't think Theater owners want to risk absolute 0% revenue for the coming months and maybe the entire next year, just to earn a bit more for some 2 weeks of Spiderman. Tickets are more expensive, but they are maintaining 50% occupancy, which is great.

When I went to Dune IMAX, I booked a corner seat, and could get the entire row (which consisted of 2 seats) due to this (Middle rows had a gap from corner rows). For Spiderman, I went in a VIP show. Ticket was horribly expensive (900 Rs), but the benefit was that only the top row was occupied (That too with 50%), and almost the entire theater was empty (VIP by itself has less seating anyway). No hooting and all such stuff. But I will take that any day over getting Covid (Not to mention, I prefer a silent theater while watching films instead of people screaming, so it was a double benefit for me).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

MH is taking 50% seat occupancy pretty seriously. The poor theater guys had to close all theaters for almost 2 years. They allowed opening of theaters far later than all the other states. State Govt. will also close the theaters again at the drop of a hat. Theaters are at the very bottom of the list of priorities for MH Govt. I don't think Theater owners want to risk absolute 0% revenue for the coming months and maybe the entire next year, just to earn a bit more for some 2 weeks of Spiderman. Tickets are more expensive, but they are maintaining 50% occupancy, which is great.

When I went to Dune IMAX, I booked a corner seat, and could get the entire row (which consisted of 2 seats) due to this (Middle rows had a gap from corner rows). For Spiderman, I went in a VIP show. Ticket was horribly expensive (900 Rs), but the benefit was that only the top row was occupied (That too with 50%), and almost the entire theater was empty (VIP by itself has less seating anyway). No hooting and all such stuff. But I will take that any day over getting Covid (Not to mention, I prefer a silent theater while watching films instead of people screaming, so it was a double benefit for me).

Dude they are not letting us take popcorn to our seat as well... wtf! why the hell would i buy your drool worthy caramel popcorn! if I cant enjoy it with movie :furious::ranting: