Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Watched Eternals . . the 4K IMAX HDR version :D

Went in without much expectations because of the reviews . . . aaaaand it was actually pretty good.

Flawed but definitely not the worst in MCU, I'd give it a 7-7.5/10.

• Like 1

Saw Eternals. Average stuff. Takes itself way too seriously. 6.8/10. 

Seems like it will be important to the MCU though. Seemed to hint at a sequel and spin-off and opens the door for celestial beings like Galactus. 

Edited by dylanjosh

9 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Saw Eternals. Average stuff. Takes itself way too seriously. 6.8/10. 

Seems like it will be important to the MCU though. Seemed to hint at a sequel and spin-off and opens the door for celestial beings like Galactus. 

It could have been good, the movie definitely had some pretty scenes. Sadly the story just got too weird, imo.

The Tragedy of Macbeth - Superb performance and amazing visuals all around. Kathryn Hunter as the witch creeped me to no end. The performance reminded me of Gollum. This movie creates a mood like no other. I watched it late last night and the whole thing came off as a surreal dream. The stage tsetting and some of the scene transitions are superb. Feels like you are actually watching a play in amazing sets. Did I say the The visuals are **chef's kiss**.?Your OLEDS will love you. 

Edited by R3D_D3ViL
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

The Tragedy of Macbeth - Superb performance and amazing visuals all around. Kathryn Hunter as the witch creeped me to no end. The performance reminded me of Gollum. This movie creates a mood like no other. I watched it late last night and the whole thing came off as a surreal dream. The stage tsetting and some of the scene transitions are superb. Feels like you are actually watching a play in amazing sets. Did I say the The visuals are **chef's kiss**.?Your OLEDS will love you. 

As amazingly well-made as the film is, I couldn't really connect with it because of the Shakespearean language. I know that's a problem with me and not a problem with the film itself.

Still, the absolutely f**king drop-dead gorgeous visuals and set design as well as the strong performances were enough to make me stick with it to the end even though half the dialogue went over my head :lol:

3 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

As amazingly well-made as the film is, I couldn't really connect with it because of the Shakespearean language. I know that's a problem with me and not a problem with the film itself.

Still, the absolutely f**king drop-dead gorgeous visuals and set design as well as the strong performances were enough to make me stick with it to the end even though half the dialogue went over my head :lol:

This one brought back memories of my school teacher drilling shakespeare into my head :lol:…some days those were

• Haha 1