Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

5 hours ago, dante77 said:

Your biography after a long time. It sucked a*s man! Just like your whole life!

mui suk azz kyf

ijj mui suk azz lyf

nun uff ewr suk azz lyf

:happydance:

etleest mui hej muvi, u gut nun....butthurt ni**a ijj butthurt :wOOtjumpy:

anyhu, Saw Cunjuring Devil made me do it, umm, good i should say the least 

• Sad 1

Loved the Eternals 8.5/10 especially since this was a introductory movie, family members also enjoyed 

Excellent Thena by Angelina, reminded me of the intensity of Captain America

Celestials scenes were fantastic especially the last one of A. Very cosmic and exciting 

Looking forward to the next one in the series 

17 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Loved the Eternals 8.5/10 especially since this was a introductory movie, family members also enjoyed 

Excellent Thena by Angelina, reminded me of the intensity of Captain America

Celestials scenes were fantastic especially the last one of A. Very cosmic and exciting 

Looking forward to the next one in the series 

I liked the concept, but the battles didn't seem high stakes. 

They defeated the celestial so easily (cool Celestial concept though). I hope the sequel puts in more effort. 

Regarding Eternals, I don’t get the concept of robots having emotions and disabilities. I mean they are built to stop deviants so celestials should have given them the best tools except for the evolution. why would only the prime eternal knows the true mission. Karan is the most annoying character imo. Unnecessary valet. 

I give it 4/10, one of few low quality Marvel movies

Edited by Mysteryman

@Mysteryman  spoiler tag that.. its a big reveal in the movie 

Spoiler

did a bit of googling. its possible that her deafness came from side effect of her speedster power. maybe a sonic boom caused it. celestial may have decided that having someone with speed brings more value to the team and is worth sacrificing her hearing for 

Edited by dylanjosh
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

@Mysteryman  spoiler tag that.. its a big reveal in the movie 

Reveal hidden contents

did a bit of googling. its possible that her deafness came from side effect of her speedster power. maybe a sonic boom caused it. celestial may have decided that having someone with speed brings more value to the team and is worth sacrificing her hearing for 

I can’t seem to find the spoiler tag from the mobile version. If mods can add the spoiler tag, it would be great. 

As for your reason, I thought it is some mandatory diversity thing. 

30 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Regarding Eternals, I don’t get the concept of robots having emotions and disabilities. I mean they are built to stop deviants so celestials should have given them the best tools except for the evolution. why would only the prime eternal knows the true mission. Karan is the most annoying character imo. Unnecessary valet. 

I give it 4/10, one of few low quality Marvel movies

Yeah. I agree. Eternals ideally should be like emotionless robots. Kill the deviants, and help the populace evolve. Those are their 2 basic jobs. 

Why the heck where they given a pure human liking, with emotions ? Heck, they were given genitalia and can feel love, romance and orgasm ? 

Arishem f**ked up. First with deviants, then with Eternals. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Maybe there was an element of that, who knows, but she's deaf in the comics too

I don’t know. It seems that Makkari is originally a man and there is no mention of his deafness anywhere per wiki. Maybe they added a female version with disability later. 

7 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

LIWNALC.png 

10 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

I don’t know. It seems that Makkari is originally a man and there is no mention of his deafness anywhere per wiki. Maybe they added a female version with disability later. 

It literally happened in 2021 AFAIK, to commemorate the movie and streamline the characters. Before that, Makkari was a male. 

Basically, the comic was changed for the movie. :lol:

Just now, dylanjosh said:

lmao. fair enough. 

RemMk2z.png

They changed the whole lore for the movie.

"For most of Makkari's publishing history, Makkari was white male. Shortly prior to the release of the Eternals movie, it was revealed that it is common for Eternals to change their appearances (and/or gender) upon their rebirth every 20 or 25,000 years or so." :rofl:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It literally happened in 2021 AFAIK, to commemorate the movie and streamline the characters. Before that, Makkari was a male. 

Sounds about right. Diversity, race, gender change and sexuality are a rage in the US so the corporate media wants to be part of it. DC even made Superman bisexual and Marvel is trying hard to compete with that. Lol

I don’t read the comics but the premise of the Eternals movie is pretty bad. 

Edited by Mysteryman

10 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Sounds about right. Diversity, race, gender change and sexuality are a rage in the US so the corporate media wants to be part of it. DC even made Superman bisexual and Marvel is trying hard to compete with that. Lol

DC and Marvel comics and movies are literal examples of 

Republic Kuch Bhi GIF by Zion

convenient plot points. 

4 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

RemMk2z.png

They changed the whole lore for the movie.

"For most of Makkari's publishing history, Makkari was white male. Shortly prior to the release of the Eternals movie, it was revealed that it is common for Eternals to change their appearances (and/or gender) upon their rebirth every 20 or 25,000 years or so." :rofl:

4 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Frankly, they don't even know how to do diversity right. These days, it feels more like the CEO saying "Hey look, we're diverse", but they can't craft a proper story around it.

It's why we have these kinds of news -

Demon Slayer Manga Outsells Entire American Comic Book Industry

I watched an amazing movie today on Netflix called Tokyo Godfathers. One of the main characters is a Crossdresser/Trans. But the story around him/her is so well written that it's just amazing. The movie treats everyone as human beings having their own story to tell; not a caricature whose entire identity revolves around their gender.

On another note, for anyone looking for a good movie recommendation, I would heartily recommend Tokyo Godfathers on Netflix

91ux+SmMGNL._RI_.jpg

It's a movie about 3 homeless people, who find an abandoned baby in a dumpster and try to reunite the infant with her parents - meeting some really nice, hilarious and oddball characters and situations along the way. I would recommend everyone to try it.

Netflix India is really killing it. I never thought we would ever see the day we have so many anime movies (even obscure ones) that we can watch here legally.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Frankly, they don't even know how to do diversity right. These days, it feels more like the CEO saying "Hey look, we're diverse", but they can't craft a proper story around it.

It's why we have these kinds of news -

Demon Slayer Manga Outsells Entire American Comic Book Industry

I watched an amazing movie today on Netflix called Tokyo Godfathers. One of the main characters is a Crossdresser/Trans. But the story around him/her is so well written that it's just amazing. The movie treats everyone as human beings having their own story to tell; not a caricature whose entire identity revolves around their gender.

On another note, for anyone looking for a good movie recommendation, I would heartily recommend Tokyo Godfathers on Netflix

91ux+SmMGNL._RI_.jpg

It's a movie about 3 homeless people, who find an abandoned baby in a dumpster and try to reunite the infant with her parents - meeting some really nice, hilarious and oddball characters and situations along the way. I would recommend everyone to try it.

Netflix India is really killing it. I never thought we would ever see the day we have so many anime movies (even obscure ones) that we can watch here legally.

Yes some of the things I prefer about  Japanese manga/anime to American comics/cartoons are that in the former there are no multiple universes and political undertones. One complete  story from start to finish before the author work on another story. Different dramas like Mechs/shonen and obscure ones like Dr.stone and Attack on Titan  etc

The American comic industry are mostly about superheroes and multiple universes which majority of us know about 5% of them. Thanks to the Marvel movies, we got to know more of them like the Eternals. 

10 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

They ticked all the checkboxes with Eternal casting:

Gay black hero, Asian overweight hero, differently abled black female hero, Indian hero, strong but mentally unstable female fighter, ginger teenage angsty girl, South American strong female leader, Asian strong female leader, mixed race hero

No points for guessing the race and sexuality of the villain

It was the perfect diversity casting which must have made all the SJWs sleep peacefully at least one night. Unfortunately it is the worst rated marvel movie ever.

Though I would definitely rate it above Thor Dark world and Captain marvel.

Edited by Big Boss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2