Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Big lol. Most old Bollywood movies are crap. Bollywood on the whole has always been creatively bankrupt. Comedies are just some rudimentary low brow humour with some sexual assault thrown in for good measure. 

Can't help but cringe anytime a 80s or 90s Bollywood movie is on TV. Idk how people even used to watch such crap. 2000s was the only decent decade imo with few good movies in the 90s.

49 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Can watch the old Govinda movies multiple times. What a terrific actor both in comic and non comic roles and his combo with kadar khan + shakti Kapoor and Johny lever is still unmatched. 

Agreed, enjoyed those movies do much

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Big lol. Most old Bollywood movies are crap. Bollywood on the whole has always been creatively bankrupt. Comedies are just some rudimentary low brow humour with some sexual assault thrown in for good measure. 

Im not going that back to 80's man. Welcome came on 80's? 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Some Govinda's movies can be construed as sexual assualt tbh. Most 90s movies suffered from this issue. Stalking, cat calling, borderline assault. 

Some old movies also had this issue, but the 90s took it to another level. 

I honestly did not know about that.

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Can watch the old Govinda movies multiple times. What a terrific actor both in comic and non comic roles and his combo with kadar khan + shakti Kapoor and Johny lever is still unmatched. 

38 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Govinda movies are great watch tbh. I can still watch them and good entertainment. 

What Are You Doing Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Dulhe Raja, Haseena maan jayegi, Akhiyon se goli maare and couple more can be watched multiple times. 

• Like 1

Till the time BHAI movies will keep making 100 cr plus no one cares. People like us who are exposed to Hollywood or Korean etc stuff understands how rubbish Bollywood is right now but the fact is there are a very few of us and a lot of others who like those rubbish movies. 

And ya, Dil Chahta hai is still so cool. I can watch it anytime.. probably the best movie Bollywood ever made on friendship.. wish some directors and actors can try making same effort.

Since you guys are on Bollywood topic. I have seen Bareilly ki Barfi a couple of weeks. 

Bareilly ki Barfi is very predictable and a cliché. Same old Bollywood drama. But man! I know this is a movie which I'll keep watching time to time! Every single scene is breathtaking :wub: from start to finish, it keeps the tone light. Highly recommended to whoever haven't seen it but I warn you again, it is cliché and every scene is predictable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dante77 said:

Since you guys are on Bollywood topic. I have seen Bareilly ki Barfi a couple of weeks. 

Bareilly ki Barfi is very predictable and a cliché. Same old Bollywood drama. But man! I know this is a movie which I'll keep watching time to time! Every single scene is breathtaking :wub: from start to finish, it keeps the tone light. Highly recommended to whoever haven't seen it but I warn you again, it is cliché and every scene is predictable. 

I love that movie. Watched it countless time too. The writing is so good. And the comic timing of every character is just spot on.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Pretty fun watch.