Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

14 hours ago, Kirti said:

What about Hera Pheri, didn't you like that one, it was also really good, better than the sequel.

I think after midway 2000 bollywood started producing crap movies.

The last comedy movie I enjoyed was Golmaal(2006), had high hopes with the sequel which was pathetic.

And then the comedy movies from the 80's like Jane Bhi Do Yaroo and Chashme Buddoor are pure gold.

Cannot agree more.

Dont know what happened to  bollywood industry,but not just movies, songs too .

Movies and songs both back in those days are awsome.

Movie somehow used to felt very convincing and close to reality.

It feels like content of that time created by putting some brains into it .

Nowadays movie and songs lost theire charm,they failed to touch the the hearts now.kuch bhi chal rha hai.

Mostly all Songs from Imran hashmi movies are killer.

And even small budget movies like dhol are pure gold.

Also de dana dan, dont know about you guys but malamal weekly is also one of my fav.

On 2/14/2022 at 10:31 PM, harsh1387 said:

Till the time BHAI movies will keep making 100 cr plus no one cares. People like us who are exposed to Hollywood or Korean etc stuff understands how rubbish Bollywood is right now but the fact is there are a very few of us and a lot of others who like those rubbish movies. 

And ya, Dil Chahta hai is still so cool. I can watch it anytime.. probably the best movie Bollywood ever made on friendship.. wish some directors and actors can try making same effort.

True.

Thing is that movies and songs are usually made for mass population.

Before jio,only limited population was the target audience for  entertainment industry,which majorly concentrated in cities.

But things are changing now.its like we are back in 80s again.

I think cost of making Bollywood movies have sky rocketed, most of which would be due to actors' hefty pays and high production values.  Add to that the competition from Hollywood, South movies etc, it's no surprise that most Bollywood movies try to take the safer route of remaking a hit movie or just follow whatever the trend is.

On 2/17/2022 at 1:39 PM, harsh1387 said:

How are the reviews for Uncharted. Worth an effort for IMAX?

Watched it today. Bad acting 

maybe a semi decent plot? 
there are a couple scene where nathan is a place  to hide brand they just put out a box blur(Like 70% screen box blurred type sh*t) . All of the characters are a miss, even the “Sic parvis magna” felt horribly delivered . Even if you’re an uncharted fan I would avoid.

3 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

Watched it today. Bad acting 

maybe a semi decent plot? 
there are a couple scene where nathan is a place  to hide brand they just put out a box blur(Like 70% screen box blurred type sh*t) . All of the characters are a miss, even the “Sic parvis magna” felt horribly delivered . Even if you’re an uncharted fan I would avoid.

Not surprising at all. 

Guys, this is decades old curse. A movie like uncharted ain't gonna fix this. We will know when that movie comes. We'll know for sure! 

Edited by dante77

8 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Is there a Marco Polo joke in the movie? That's like one of the recurring joke ( & trophy) ever since uncharted 2. 

None that i heard off. (i slept for the most part so maybe i missed?)

6 hours ago, dante77 said:

Not surprising at all. 

Guys, this is decades old curse. A movie like uncharted ain't gonna fix this. We will know when that movie comes. We'll know for sure! 

Honestly the cast was the biggest “off” for me. Nathan did not joke around, sully was being “Sully” . Hope we get a better adaptation of other games.

Really enjoyed Uncharted.

Fortunately or unfortunately 25 minutes in and i forgot i am watching a movie based on uncharted series, All in all Its a good popcorn flick irrespective.

Plus they show almost all the best scenes in the trailers. They did so bad with the trailers, that they showed

Spoiler

bits of Post credits scene itself in one of trailers

. If you haven't seen the trailers please stay away.

Also they screwed up the scene where

Spoiler

tom holland becomes proper "Nathan Drake", plus the remixed game theme kicked in at that point but felt nowhere epic as the original. 

The audience did not get any video game references and was dead silent :(

Go with low expectations and you won't be disappointed.