Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

The Batman was great, very long halloweenish. Pattinson delivered! The thing I didnt like was his emo makeup & hair style, but it did fit the tone of the movie though.

The visuals were so artsy, felt like  reading through a graphic novel!  And the first 10mins is godsend for bat nerds 

❤️

Edited by Ram Dante

Loved the movie! Superb fan-service for the comic fans.

Loved the performances, especially by Zoë Kravitz and Paul Dano.

Matt Reeves has created THE PERFECT iteration of Gotham City, IMO. Felt like a complete world on it's own which can eventually have future movies/shows based on this rich, amazing, lore-filled version of Gotham. I know there are 2 upcoming series (one based on Jim Gordon and the other one on The Penguin), but I really hope WB let Matt make a second movie.

I liked how Bruce kinda evolves (re: matures) during the course of the movie, too!

Also, the character of the cameo towards the end of the movie is confirmed by Matt Reeves himself. Check IGN's YT for it.

The background score is Zimmer-level, if not better. Brilliantly done!

And yeah, it'll look mind-bogglingly good on an OLED. Can't wait for a digital release!

37 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

So many different opinions , did you all see the same movie :lol:

majority who seen it are loving it. I’m hyped myself, got tickets booked for tomorrow 

• Like 1

Watched the batman , pattinson did feel like a proper comic book version angry batman . that elevator scene was so freaking good. but the movie was way too slow, some parts way too stretched. this could easily be a 150 min movie instead of 170 min. riddler was om point too.

If you are going to cinema thinking it would be one of those marvel blow city up and joke about it movie. this aint for you.

Hope this gets a sequel . 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ne0 said:

So many different opinions , did you all see the same movie :lol:

I loved it but can understand why someone wouldn't like it. This trailer gives a pretty good approximation of how entire movie is. Music, colour palette carries entire movie. 

Only issue is towards end there was pacing issue and director didn't know how to end it. Still a special movie.

Back from watching The Batman and I have to say I was really disappointed.

It's not a character-driven movie like I was hoping, and even the plot was stale and not anywhere near interesting enough to hold my attention. The movie just doesn't give you any reason to care about any of the proceedings or root for any of the characters.

There are so many good actors in this movie, but pretty much everyone went underutilized.

I was initially liking Pattinson as Batman, but after about an hour or so his shtick got very old. He has the same expression and the same dialogue delivery throughout the movie. I hate to say it but Batman in this is just Edward Cullen 2.0. He had zero chemistry with Catwoman too. You could tell Reeves was trying to setup some kind of sexual tension between them, but it just ended up coming across as a bunch of awkwardness.

They did get the tone and atmosphere spot on though, and I liked the dingy and dreary look of the movie.

The first 10-15mins were really cool too and the movie definitely has its moments, but they're just too few and far between. The movie became such a drag in its third act that I was actually considering leaving the theater early and saving my time. For a movie that runs for 3hrs, it barely has any meat in it.

And forget TDK, I wouldn't even put this above TDKR, which itself wasn't very good to begin with.

• Like 2

Some of these points just didn't fly with me considering the movie was dark and gritty and serious. These can fly in mcu movies or even in snyderverse because of their campy or over the top nature. But not in this movie:

[SPOILER]Testing spoiler wtf

[/SPOILER]

Posted in next post

Edited by Big Boss

Spoiler

1. Wtf is up with those sea shields or whatever which Riddler blows up? It was so easy.

Considering the psychos in gotham, those walls must have been destroyed 100 times, 90 times by joker alone. Massive weakness of a city. Blow a wall and flood the area, blow 5 walls and flood entire city. 

2. Batman is chased out of police station by entire GCPD, and half an hour later he is walking among them like he is their pal. No one tries to even stop him. I was like what just happened?

3. Almost every clue Batman finds doesn't help to stop a single death. Absolute failure of a Batman. In fact, without his admantuim or vibranium or nth metal armour, he is useless in combat. And just lucky that not a single thug decides to shoot his face off. Weakest portrayal of Batman ever. Even the Arkham origins Batman who was green was way better than this one.

4. The bat signal :rofl: In almost all movies etc it's on top of Gotham police station. Here it's on top of some abandoned building. So literally anyone can light it up and Batman goes there like a moth to the light. Catwoman lights it up. No idea how she got a tied up cop all the way up there. Did she have super strength? Did she put a gun to his head, climbed all elevators and took him there, and then lit up the signal? If yes, then all villains can do that daily.

21 minutes ago, Big Boss said:
  Hide contents

1. Wtf is up with those sea shields or whatever which Riddler blows up? It was so easy.

Considering the psychos in gotham, those walls must have been destroyed 100 times, 90 times by joker alone. Massive weakness of a city. Blow a wall and flood the area, blow 5 walls and flood entire city. 

2. Batman is chased out of police station by entire GCPD, and half an hour later he is walking among them like he is their pal. No one tries to even stop him. I was like what just happened?

3. Almost every clue Batman finds doesn't help to stop a single death. Absolute failure of a Batman. In fact, without his admantuim or vibranium or nth metal armour, he is useless in combat. And just lucky that not a single thug decides to shoot his face off. Weakest portrayal of Batman ever. Even the Arkham origins Batman who was green was way better than this one.

4. The bat signal :rofl: In almost all movies etc it's on top of Gotham police station. Here it's on top of some abandoned building. So literally anyone can light it up and Batman goes there like a moth to the light. Catwoman lights it up. No idea how she got a tied up cop all the way up there. Did she have super strength? Did she put a gun to his head, climbed all elevators and took him there, and then lit up the signal? If yes, then all villains can do that daily.

I read your spoilers,thats the height of my excitement for this batman movie.

Major fomo. Exam on Tuesday; have to wait until then.

But HYPED AS HELL. 

It does seem like a sombre and noir experience, a bit of a different take and thats my jam.

I'm not really a marvel person, with the whole good guys defeat bad guys with comedic lines spammed in every 5 seconds. 

12 hours ago, Big Boss said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think some of this goof ups are valid, but it didn't affect the overall experience much, at least for me.

Also, the Batman depicted here is definitely not the world's greatest detective, at least not yet. They tried to portray that he's still learning/mastering it, and being a bullet sponge in a few scenes also fits the case. 

In long halloween, he goes helpless and desperate seeking for clues and answers, that it almost feels sorry. At least here they didn't go to that extent. 

Edited by Ram Dante

Just saw The Batman. My review:

I was not hyped for this movie as it is, but I went with low expectation as I am a huge Batman fan yet I was disappointed.

This batman feels just like any other masked vigilante. There is no drama or theatricality or panache of Nolan's batman. Nolan's batman had amazing presence which gave goosebumps.

Nor did it evoked the fear or gruesome muscle power of Affleck's batman (My fav batman iteration).

This movie felt a little boring & too long. It felt lifeless. In this movie Bruce Wayne & Batman avatar had no differentiation at all, pattinson portrayed both the characters in the same way.

I am sad they passed Affleck for this iteration of Batman.

Edited by 202croc
  • Like 1