Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What, lol

You want me to call you a simpleton?

It's a f**king masterpiece and I have said why I think so. 

I am not going to go an attack anyone who thinks different because movies are an art and art is subjective. 

I really don't need the approval of a bunch of randos to certify my intellect. I have 2 letters and a paycheck which says I have massive intellect. 

Dr?

1 hour ago, SpearHea:D said:

Also whats with him going kamikaze towards incoming bullets. :rofl:

Inexperience  and depending a bit too much on his armor plating 

Which he learns not to, the hard way later on

1 hour ago, SpearHea:D said:

Batman could have been better but it was boring most of the time. Pacing issues but a good take on detective theme.

Also whats with him going kamikaze towards incoming bullets. :rofl:

Because he is a dumbass Batman. 

5 hours ago, Aercy said:

BTW, anyone preordered No Way Home?

Can anyone tell me the difference between the following two, what’s the two disc advantage here? And also, why write 4K Ultra HD + Blu-Ray?

zPApMWP.jpg

17 minutes ago, Aercy said:

Can anyone tell me the difference between the following two, what’s the two disc advantage here? And also, why write 4K Ultra HD + Blu-Ray?

zPApMWP.jpg

If I am not wrong

4K Ultra HD + Blu-Ray = 4K HDR disc + 1080p SDR disc

4K Ultra HD = Only 4K HDR disc

• Thanks 1

I still can't get over the fact that Batman will wear bulletproof armour, and not cover his chin, and will go full kamikaze in front of a stream of bullets, multiple times in the movie. Probably he is wearing some lucky charm that makes the thugs go crazy and they always miss his face. It was probably a homage to Batman 1989 and that movie's stupidity.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Inexperience  and depending a bit too much on his armor plating 

Which he learns not to, the hard way later on

THIS!
I guess most people aren't getting this, and expecting way too much from the Batman.
I bet the sequel would have a much improved batman, if it ever happens.

57 minutes ago, Ram Dante said:

THIS!
I guess most people aren't getting this, and expecting way too much from the Batman.
I bet the sequel would have a much improved batman, if it ever happens.

I was expecting basic common sense from someone who became Batman. Like being stealthy, not going head on in a barrage of bullets etc. He seems to be a superman fanboy and wants to fight like him.

I liked the first half but man, the last hour could have used some editing. It just goes on for so long than it needed to be. It doesn't have the theatricality or memorable dialogues of Nolan movies, nor the grand over the top comic-like version in BvS.

Begins, Returns and TDK are still the top Batman movies for me. 

Just back from the show and I thought it was just about okay. The movie feels like a cross between TDK and telltale batman games. If you played the telltale games you can actually see where the story is going even if u never read a batman comic. 

First half starts well. the sombre tone and setting is perfect, the way some of the shots are framed looks straight from a comic book but it starts losing its charm after the first hour or so. Second half is a mess throughout and the climax is a massive letdown. bad action scenes, edgy & stupid batman and a story that goes nowhere. Also the BG score felt like it belonged more in a star wars movie. 

2 hours ago, Big Boss said:

I was expecting basic common sense from someone who became Batman. Like being stealthy, not going head on in a barrage of bullets etc. He seems to be a superman fanboy and wants to fight like him.

Yeah don't forget the DA scene. As the timer is finishing he starts going closer and gets away even without a scratch. ???‍♂️

6 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Yeah don't forget the DA scene. As the timer is finishing he starts going closer and gets away even without a scratch. ???‍♂️

Yeah i hated that scene. At least have the DA push him away or turn away or something. Something so easily fixed but they didn't bother. 

3 hours ago, Big Boss said:

I still can't get over the fact that Batman will wear bulletproof armour, and not cover his chin, and will go full kamikaze in front of a stream of bullets, multiple times in the movie. Probably he is wearing some lucky charm that makes the thugs go crazy and they always miss his face. It was probably a homage to Batman 1989 and that movie's stupidity.

He is wearing the Robocop charm that deflects bullets away from exposed chin.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Ya :rofl: A half decent Batman would have done way better

Edited by Big Boss