Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Seems the story picked up some part from Frank Miller’s Year One again (the hooded mantle before the Bat mantle; much like DD The Man Without Fear’s early black getup, again Frank Miller).

Edited by Aercy

5 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

This was just a rich dude doing cosplay who had no idea what he was doing. Bale is still the best.

Spoiler

Who's nearly broke

4 hours ago, 202croc said:

It’s not a spoiler. Already shown his cape length in the very first trailer. 

Spoiler

The spoiler was that I almost did a spit-take when I saw that ridiculous tandem bike scene and then they "metaphorically" separate :rofl: LOL the Bat looked so cos-play, and not in a good way

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2022 at 9:11 PM, achilles said:
  Hide contents

Who's nearly broke

Hide contents

The spoiler was that I almost did a spit-take when I saw that ridiculous tandem bike scene and then they "metaphorically" separate :rofl: LOL the Bat looked so cos-play, and not in a good way

That bike scene was just too long and awkward. It's just bad direction. I felt like loling.

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

temp.jpg

Looks like audience loved it. Im glad. Hopefully we get a good sequel than irons out all the kinks. 

Rare occurrence where both audience and critics are totally wrong. This is at best a 70% movie.

1 hour ago, Sach4life said:

Govinda's old movies were dope. One can enjoy all kind of movies

Agreed. You need to have a good sense of humour and be a generally fun loving person to enjoy these movies though. Scrooge mcgrudges might find them bland.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah high level sense of humor needed to laugh at someone falling off a ladder or idk wiping butter off someone's face to put on his bread. 

None of the old Govinda movie had that kind of crap. Even if they had, that was very minor part. The thing you are talking about is Priyadarshan speciality, where people go batshit insane and behave like idiots. Hungama ending, Welcome car chase and ending, Govinda Akshay Kumar movie ending over that clock tower, or that ridiculously stupid circus scene in phir Hera pheri. All these scenes are pathetic and cheap slapstick comedy. Charlie Chaplin did it better.

• Like 1

The Batman was amazing. 

I just couldn't believe what I was watching the whole time. ??

So much inspiration drawn from Fincher's work and some stuff straight out of Long halloween. 

Movie pretty much nailed everything the other bat movies ignored all this time, with emphasis on detective Bat. Worked perfectly with Pattinson's persona and his minimal dialogue. 

Matt Reeves really loves ave maria and he used it brilliantly. :lol:

39 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

They're good but pedestrian. Slapstick humour is the easiest form of humour which can be understood by simple minded folk. 

They are not supposed to be intelligent. They are slapstick and provide exactly what they are supposed to. They are made for masses. Not every movie has to be smart. Every movie has a place.

24 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Agreed. You need to have a good sense of humour and be a generally fun loving person to enjoy these movies though. Scrooge mcgrudges might find them bland.

Not sure about others but i can definitely enjoy a Khosla ka Ghosla and Govinda's old movies are the same time. They were hillarious

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah high level sense of humor needed to laugh at someone falling off a ladder or idk wiping butter off someone's face to put on his bread. 

I don't know what movies you are talking about here. I hate Sajid Khan's movies and there is a huge difference between them and something like Dulhe Raja, Haseena mann jayegi, Golmaal, etc.

Edited by Sach4life

11 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

None of the old Govinda movie had that kind of crap. Even if they had, that was very minor part. The thing you are talking about is Priyadarshan speciality, where people go batshit insane and behave like idiots. Hungama ending, Welcome car chase and ending, Govinda Akshay Kumar movie ending over that clock tower, or that ridiculously stupid circus scene in phir Hera pheri. All these scenes are pathetic and cheap slapstick comedy. Charlie Chaplin did it better.

If you ignore the ending, i would say majority of Hungama, Welcome, etc. were funny

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Rare occurrence where both audience and critics are totally wrong. This is at best a 70% movie.

9D9DF881-FDD4-4748-ACAD-25D0006066A5.jpeg

• Haha 1