Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

4 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Rare occurrence where both audience and critics are totally wrong. This is at best a 70% movie.

Average rating is 7.6 on RT so it's in line with that.

The movie isn't as smart as it thinks it is though. It tried to be very Fincher-lite but Zodiac/Se7en had interesting plot and mystery about the killer which this movie was lacking. 

12 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Govinda's old movies were dope. One can enjoy all kind of movies

Not sure about all,but yes some are entertaining.

I had one incident with govinda movie ,where i would throw up if i watched it one more time.

Me and my family was on a bus,its a special wedding bus.

And the driver of the bus had only one movie i think it was raja babu,which he kept replaying idk 100 times maybe:unsure:.i can say that movie really make me sick.

Im not saying its a bad movie,but constantly watching it makes me sick. :rofl:

11 hours ago, Sach4life said:

I don't know what movies you are talking about here. 

I think he's talking about the scene of 'jis desh me ganga rehta hai'

He is right,that was really lame.

I really liked The Batman.

I don't understand the hate for the portrayal of Batman. The guy is just into his 2nd year and he doesn't have a clue what he has got himself into. The way he recklessly dives into fights that at this point only his rage, anger and vengeance is driving him towards his skewed sense of justice. He is pretty much a psychopath wearing a costume. Without Gordon by his side, I doubt he could have survived this long into the movie. It will take some time for him to become The Dark Knight and the World's Greatest Detective but he will get there. If this is a trilogy I am hoping that is going to be this character's arc. Also, the way he announces his arrival with heavy boots, I think it is by choice because he wants to drive the fear into his enemies that he is watching and can come from anywhere. He is perfectly capable of being stealthy as he took Selina by surprise multiple times.

The way this movie is shot and presented, this is how I imagined Gotham to be. The darkness, the grime, the hopelessness, the corruption and few good people fighting through all of it against all odds and freaks.

The only downside I can think of is that after the high point that is the car chase, everything after that kind of slows down and the big build up to climax just did not work for me. Else the first part was a intriguing chase through murders and clues to find who the Riddler was and what is his motive. Paul Dano couldnt help but chew the scenery after his reveal. Did he think he was in a sequel to There Will Be Blood??!!

Bale and TDK is still the best one though.

P.S. - The armor that he is wearing is a marvel. He pretty much survived all the gunshots plus a point blank shotgun hit in the gut. WTF!! 

The Batman ~ 8.5/10

Loved it overall but falls short of Dark Knights spot however being second to that is an achievement in itself, especially when we've had so many Batman versions. A lot of problems one might see thinking this isn't Batman can be swept under the rug saying this is just early Batman, he hasn't fully figured out what the symbol means. DC has nailed the gritty comicbook world in their movies.

+ Performances were all great, especially Farell as Oz and Dano as Riddler

+ Grounded detective-ish plot, like it was before the shared universe stuff

+ This Gotham is arguably the best one yet

+ Pattinson as Batman, captured the Year 1 unsure Batman perfectly

+ Zoe is by far my most favorite Catwoman, even better than Pfeiffer imo :P

+ Thank god they went the homecoming way, and didn't show Bruce parents dying again

- Movie drags in some parts, like its intentionally trying to be artistic and comes off as unnecessary

- Pattinson as Bruce Wayne, there's no playboy Bruce in the entire film, just feels like a brooding rich dude without his costume

- This also had the weakest Alfred, but tbh Serkis didn't get much screen time

Edit: Really want to watch The Kashmir Files. Some places in India they muted scenes, someplace they said tickets all booked in BMS while 50% was unoccupied, some are editing Wiki pages to say its all propaganda, some are straight up not showing it, liberals having a meltdown, bollywood ignoring it, these made my interest go from 'want to watch' to 'Must Watch', word of mouth is also excellent and reactions from Kashmiri Pandits show that makers have shown actual events as brutal as they might be. (Unlike Chopra and his Shikara)

Edited by gecko89

Ya the amount of liberals losing their sh*t and trying to curb freedom of speech and expression is making me want to watch Kashmir files even more. Their meltdown is epic. I thought left was all about freedom of speech and expression.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

That's some pretty hard left bs tbh. I'm left wing af and even I found that Indian express review hard to stomach. 

This dumb nuts should understand that this sh*t just amplifies the movie MORE!

Also IMDB Had to change rating methods for this movies. Such bs all of this:roflroll:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Ya the amount of liberals losing their sh*t and trying to curb freedom of speech and expression is making me want to watch Kashmir files even more. Their meltdown is epic. I thought left was all about freedom of speech and expression.

Not sure if true but they were videos and it stated of Inox showing full on BMS and actual theatre being total empty. 

Some of the people are booking tickets n not going just to support the film such is the craze of the movie. 

5 hours ago, DinJo said:

Saw No way home on Sat to be honest i didn't quite understood why was it so much hyped. Probably it was a good movie as fan service. 

Jack sparrow ?

5 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Edit: Really want to watch The Kashmir Files. Some places in India they muted scenes, someplace they said tickets all booked in BMS while 50% was unoccupied, some are editing Wiki pages to say its all propaganda, some are straight up not showing it, liberals having a meltdown, bollywood ignoring it, these made my interest go from 'want to watch' to 'Must Watch', word of mouth is also excellent and reactions from Kashmiri Pandits show that makers have shown actual events as brutal as they might be. (Unlike Chopra and his Shikara)

Crazy word of mouth. Local PVR is running 18 shows a day for The Kashmir Files. Gangubai is 3/4 shows a day. 

The Batman

After reading so many Polarising reviews i was mentally prepared to be disappointed. But, I enjoyed it. Loved the Gotham City set up. Looke quite authentic. Even the casting was quite spot on and i liked the Pattinson Batman who is more Raw and inexperienced than Bale and Affleck ones..

But, the highlight was the background score, watched it in IMAX and in some scenes I felt the seats shaking, excellent stuff. 

Movie has some flaws but overall it's a solid 4/5 for me.

Best part was my wife was quite reluctant to watch it as I forwarned her this is going to be a dark movie and unlike something she likes, but she too enjoyed it.

I hope the sequel will be as enjoyable considering the villain for it. 

Btw, i still rate Nolan trilogy as better batman cos I can watch them any number of times. This one isn't something I can watch again and again.

Edited by harsh1387

On 3/14/2022 at 2:22 PM, DinJo said:

Saw No way home on Sat to be honest i didn't quite understood why was it so much hyped. Probably it was a good movie as fan service. 

Yeah I saw it yesterday, and will agree. Other than some cool fights, the overall movie was just okay. Some of the major events felt pointless, and I don't see why they were necessary for his story in future movies.