Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

15 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Lol if you have to ask why it was hyped then maybe you aren't the target audience. 3 Spider-Men for the first time on big screen. :wOOtjumpy: 

That is the only draw. 

I did like the movie, but overall, except the final part (which could have been done as a short part in the larger universe), the movie is unnecessary. Essentially fan service. But it's a BO hit, so expect more such movies in the future. 

How are these things being made and put out in this form? 

Hollywood is turning into a cesspool, at the bottom of which, things like No Time To Die deserve to rot. Ugh. What a waste of nearly three hours. These tentpoles have just become Rajni or Bhai movies with an exotic veneer. Craig looks so out of place with a much younger Seydoux. Everyone is constipated, and no one seems to be speaking clearly. The action is just about okay, the Aston placements totally overdone, along with the emo-ness of it all. I mean, was bond taking oestrogen shots, or did LeChiffre's ball smashing cut the test off, and we can see its effects now? 

The only good things about this movie were the cinematography, the WWII island architecture, and the underlying concept of nano-bots. Edit: and Ana De Armas. She brought a smile. 

Ugh. Just.. ugh. 

Cruise is the only hope we have left now. 

Edited by achilles
  • Haha 1

Finally watched the batman

Id say first half was pretty solid 

Seeing as the movie was setting a fresh/dark/noire comics theme from the get go 

The realism portrayed in terms of all the detective and underground mob infiltration stuff was spot on. N. 

Nothing over the top which i liked

None of the characters seemed forced and the writing was broderline good, at least the cliches and cringes were very few

Dislikes

The movie lacked a coherent narrative and agenda (riddler never reached climax) and the theme sometimes got lost in all the different angles which will pass since its the first one of the new take 

All the buildup towards the ending never kinda reached its climax which was dissapointing for sure 

the way movie wrapped up was well a bit cringe imo, 

But yeah overall decent batman film

Didnt suck and one can surely be hopeful for a sequel 

Edited by Modern_Ubermensch

19 hours ago, achilles said:

How are these things being made and put out in this form? 

Hollywood is turning into a cesspool, at the bottom of which, things like No Time To Die deserve to rot. Ugh. What a waste of nearly three hours. These tentpoles have just become Rajni or Bhai movies with an exotic veneer. Craig looks so out of place with a much younger Seydoux. Everyone is constipated, and no one seems to be speaking clearly. The action is just about okay, the Aston placements totally overdone, along with the emo-ness of it all. I mean, was bond taking oestrogen shots, or did LeChiffre's ball smashing cut the test off, and we can see its effects now? 

The only good things about this movie were the cinematography, the WWII island architecture, and the underlying concept of nano-bots. Edit: and Ana De Armas. She brought a smile. 

Ugh. Just.. ugh. 

Cruise is the only hope we have left now. 

They should make Idris next Bond

8 hours ago, Modern_Ubermensch said:

Finally watched the batman

Dislikes

riddler never reached climax

Didnt suck and one can surely be hopeful for a sequel.

You should see Axel Braun's The Batman available on Vivid - you will be able to see Riddler reaching climax.

• Haha 3

On 3/14/2022 at 7:13 PM, Big Boss said:

Ya the amount of liberals losing their sh*t and trying to curb freedom of speech and expression is making me want to watch Kashmir files even more. Their meltdown is epic. I thought left was all about freedom of speech and expression.

I thought left was all about freedom of speech and expression

this freedom is available to only those who subscribe to their school of thought

• Like 4

The Kashmir Files is a commercial movie, enjoy it as one, don’t hope for it to show all the true pictures of the time and more likely to show one-side of it. Sad state of country is everyone has to take an extreme side, nothing towards the middle where you can question every agenda and arrive to a logical/mutually beneficial decision. Overburdening oneself with past will make a superior and fulfilling future challenging to achieve.

I would definitely watch it but not gonna go to theatres for it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aercy said:

The Kashmir Files is a commercial movie, enjoy it as one, don’t hope for it to show all the true pictures of the time and more likely to show one-side of it. Sad state of country is everyone has to take an extreme side, nothing towards the middle where you can question every agenda and arrive to a logical/mutually beneficial decision. Overburdening oneself with past will make a superior and fulfilling future challenging to achieve.

I would definitely watch it but not gonna go to theatres for it. 

One side was shown till now bro, this is the other side of the Story now. 

Logical conclusion is forgone now coz the truth was hidden in deep ground. Now only extreme will work. 

Its not overburdening the past, its acknowledging it and taking action so that history doesnt repeat itself. 

This Film needs to be seen by everyone. Not to be hidden. 

• Like 2