Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Don't think there's anything enjoyable in the movie. It's about one of the worst atrocities ever conducted. 

Movie watching is for entertainment and I said in that regard, not literally be joyous about it. Funny I have to explain this 

Ghostbusters Afterlife

After that reboot we shall never speak of, this felt so so good. Must watch if you're a fan of the first 2. Hope they make a sequel to this, looks like it made as much as the reboot but with half the budget.

Also, the kid who plays Egon's daughter was excellent.

The Adam Project

One time watch imo, good for a lazy afternoon. Starts out great and the second half just drags it down to 'meh'.

Edited by gecko89

8 hours ago, Right said:

Its probably going to be the first Indian movie which will win the Best film Oscars.

Read some books if you want to know the true extent of their suffering. The movie is basically a watered down, PG 13 version of the events that took place. 

• Like 4

On 3/17/2022 at 1:49 PM, achilles said:

How are these things being made and put out in this form? 

Hollywood is turning into a cesspool, at the bottom of which, things like No Time To Die deserve to rot. Ugh. What a waste of nearly three hours. These tentpoles have just become Rajni or Bhai movies with an exotic veneer. Craig looks so out of place with a much younger Seydoux. Everyone is constipated, and no one seems to be speaking clearly. The action is just about okay, the Aston placements totally overdone, along with the emo-ness of it all. I mean, was bond taking oestrogen shots, or did LeChiffre's ball smashing cut the test off, and we can see its effects now? 

The only good things about this movie were the cinematography, the WWII island architecture, and the underlying concept of nano-bots. Edit: and Ana De Armas. She brought a smile. 

Ugh. Just.. ugh. 

Cruise is the only hope we have left now. 

Nah, MI movies have kind of got stale after the fourth one. I mean sure, Cruise does some crazy stunts but everything else is just fine. The first MI is still the best in the series imo, felt like a real spy thriller.

About NTTD, yeah Craig does look his age and doesn't have much chemistry with Lea. But it still nails some stuff feeling like an old school Bond movie. The DB5 chase is amazing. The villain's lair reminded me of Dr. No.

17 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Yes

Especially the last hour! It goes on forever and the characters feel lifeless.

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

Read some books if you want to know the true extent of their suffering. The movie is basically a watered down, PG 13 version of the events that took place. 

I think OTT version will not have those 7 censor board cuts.

But the movie is the watershed moment and has sent Left into absolute frenzy.

On 3/19/2022 at 3:41 PM, Aercy said:

Movie watching is for entertainment and I said in that regard, not literally be joyous about it. Funny I have to explain this 

So I did not respond to this comment since I did not see TKF when it was posted. 

Finally saw it today - and if any pseudo-intellectual thinks this is entertainment, they are highly mistaken. 

The movie has SEVERE pacing and editing issues, but the KP genocide (and I kinda agree - it was not an exodus) story needed to be told. From what I have read, this is hardly covering 30-40% of what really happened - and the truth is much worse. Nobody should have to see their parents sawed in half, nor should any family be seeing their kids killed. 

I cried a bunch, and I am totally not ashamed of it. Anupam Kher is a f**king national gem. 

This also brought back memories of a family we were close friends with when I was in Nursery to 5th standard - back at West Bengal. They were KPs, and their stories were beyond imagination. The atrocities they saw, the way they escaped on foot, literally walking barefoot on snow, on the verge of dying. It all makes sense now. 

Absolutely must see for everyone. As someone rightly said in the movie, Jews made sure no one forgot the Holocaust. How did we forget the KPs ?

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Like 9

11 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

So I did not respond to this comment since I did not see TKF when it was posted. 

Finally saw it today - and if any pseudo-intellectual thinks this is entertainment, they are highly mistaken. 

The movie has SEVERE pacing and editing issues, but the KP genocide (and I kinda agree - it was not an exodus) story needed to be told. From what I have read, this is hardly covering 30-40% of what really happened - and the truth is much worse. Nobody should have to see their parents sawed in half, nor should any family be seeing their kids killed. 

I cried a bunch, and I am totally not ashamed of it. Anupam Kher is a f**king national gem. 

This also brought back memories of a family we were close friends with when I was in Nursery to 5th standard - back at West Bengal. They were KPs, and their stories were beyond imagination. The atrocities they saw, the way they escaped on foot, literally walking barefoot on snow, on the verge of dying. It all makes sense now. 

Absolutely must see for everyone. As someone rightly said in the movie, Jews made sure no one forgot the Holocaust. How did we forget the KPs ?

This is a great book to go along with the movie. Shame that the same writer then wrote a crapola like shikara. 

images (62).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

This is a great book to go along with the movie. Shame that the same writer then wrote a crapola like shikara. 

images (62).jpeg

Ordered. 

Also read one of his old articles about one of the massacres shown in TKF too: https://www.thehindu.com/opinion/op-ed/there-are-no-goodbyes/article5594303.ece

Chills. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I’m no intellectual or pseudo one but it’s simple to me, movies are for entertainment. Loved Taskanth Files, I’m sure I’ll like this too.

Try watching 12 Angry Men and understand that different opinions doesn’t make anyone wrong or right but the ability to think logically is more important than branding someone pseudo-intellectual. But then half of the country is invested in the game of choosing sides and seeing black or white, nothing in between.

It is a commercial movie, made to make money. The primary objective is that, and secondary is storytelling.

Edited by Aercy
  • Like 2