Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

4 hours ago, speedy said:

Movies on Holocaust are the real deal (truth must be told, blah blah blah), Oh movie on KP (I tell u it's only for spreading hatred towards peaceful's. just patch up and move on).

Exactly. Double standards when it comes to Kashmir Files. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, speedy said:

so nicely articulated, Hope.:hi2:

movies on Holocaust are the real deal (truth must be told, blah blah blah), Oh movie on KP (I tell u it's only for spreading hatred towards peaceful's. just patch up and move on).

Dont know which movie you referring, but im concerned when it related to my country's integrity,peace and harmony.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Watched “RRR”. 
damn how do people watch this , and film makes 200-300 cr?

never ever going to a movie on friends suggestion.

People have accepted over the top crap nonsense as normal stuff and film makers have stopped caring. Earlier such crap was shown with poor special effects and cinematography, now it's polished and we'll made. So the fools watch it. When criticised, they will say if you can enjoy mcu stuff then why not this you anti-national with colonial mindset? But who will tell them that superheroes in MCU have a backstory and the reason for their stunts. But here the heroes and even villains are powerful just because.

25 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

People have accepted over the top crap nonsense as normal stuff and film makers have stopped caring. Earlier such crap was shown with poor special effects and cinematography, now it's polished and we'll made. So the fools watch it. When criticised, they will say if you can enjoy mcu stuff then why not this you anti-national with colonial mindset? But who will tell them that superheroes in MCU have a backstory and the reason for their stunts. But here the heroes and even villains are powerful just because.

Anti national for disliking RRR n bollywood masala movies lmao. Noone does this. Too many news channels watching again :lol:

Not watching Kashmir Files though is definately fishy :rolleyes:

34 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Same argument by my buddies. Says iron man can take 100 bullet why can’t they. I ended the debate there ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rushab oswal said:

Watched “RRR”. 
damn how do people watch this , and film makes 200-300 cr?

never ever going to a movie on friends suggestion.

I thought girls would like that movie Rusha.

And the absurdness doesn't really end with the emasculation of the laws of physics, all sorts of heresy is committed in the movie :| Plus at 3 hours it feels like you're sitting through 2 movies.

45 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

I thought girls would like that movie Rushab.

And the absurdness doesn't really end with the emasculation of the laws of physics, all sorts of heresy is committed in the movie :| Plus at 3 hours it feels like you're sitting through 2 movies.

Bruh i was like kab khatam hoga esp. when that guy is singing while getting beaten :roflroll:

8 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Bruh i was like kab khatam hoga esp. when that guy is singing while getting beaten :roflroll:

Too many cliches in the movie.

Spoiler

The hero dancing with Jenny in sarson ka khet OMG. Ek lift kya diya bandi totally flat

Edited by abhi90
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Felix the cat said:

Dont know which movie you referring, but im concerned when it related to my country's integrity,peace and harmony.

Absolutely agree.

I have been left to wonder, after watching The Suicide Squad last night, of the reasons why this film hasn't received much love. Perhaps the hangover of the previous horrid attempt? Perhaps. This movie is a gem. A crazy, over the top, fearlessly creative, and barely contained, fun thing. The characters, the setting, the story, action, and the ridiculousness of it all works to give us a one of the best comic book movies. This might just be my current live-action favourite, and I certainly enjoyed it far more than No Way Home.

It feels like the pages of outrageousness, of a nerdy, obscure, liberating comic-book are unfolding in perfect tandem. Sometimes, when left to their own vices, artists can create majestic things, where the only agendas are enjoyment & fun. I feel like these agendas have not been priorities for media: books, movies, and games, for some time now. This one was so refreshing. 

Each following moment tops the ridiculous bar set by the previous, and the R rating is put to glorious use. Some of the frames are just epic. The shark guy tearing that soldier in two is imprinted in my mind. Glo.rious. 

Leave the thinking to the makers for this one, get a little un-sober, call a few friends, and just enjoy this brilliant movie. 

9/10

Edited by achilles
  • Like 1

Just got back watching The Kashmir Files. Liked the 1st half, 2nd half was pretty boring. The movie could have highlighted more incidents, overall was an average movie owing to the weak character development and unnecessarily slow pace at times. It was a 2 hrs 50 mins’ movie but still couldn’t develop the 4 friends’ characters well, and also felt a little disconnect or rushed scene change a few times which was not naturally transitioned.

About the topic; I am glad they made the movie as Bollywood is known to be largely hinduphobic, and often movie makers take the liberty to show the religion in poor light, mostly indirectly.

Would want more movie makers to take the courage to make a movie on such topics but as it happens in every case on such topics, it will be politically aligned to one party or the other. That’s the rule of survival in the industry, I suppose.

Overall, good attempt, not as great as everyone promoting it to be as a movie, but worthy and relevant subject.

P.S. F**k Kejriwal

3 hours ago, achilles said:

I have been left to wonder, after watching The Suicide Squad last night, of the reasons why this film hasn't received much love. Perhaps the hangover of the previous horrid attempt? Perhaps. This movie is a gem. A crazy, over the top, fearlessly creative, and barely contained, fun thing. The characters, the setting, the story, action, and the ridiculousness of it all works to give us a one of the best comic book movies. This might just be my current live-action favourite, and I certainly enjoyed it far more than No Way Home.

It feels like the pages of outrageousness, of a nerdy, obscure, liberating comic-book are unfolding in perfect tandem. Sometimes, when left to their own vices, artists can create majestic things, where the only agendas are enjoyment & fun. I feel like these agendas have not been priorities for media: books, movies, and games, for some time now. This one was so refreshing. 

Each following moment tops the ridiculous bar set by the previous, and the R rating is put to glorious use. Some of the frames are just epic. The shark guy tearing that soldier in two is imprinted in my mind. Glo.rious. 

Leave the thinking to the makers for this one, get a little un-sober, call a few friends, and just enjoy this brilliant movie. 

9/10

Damn good shout bro

I never got to watch it due to everyone ripping on it back then

Now im ready to give it a go. Especially after batman 

4 hours ago, achilles said:

9/10

I think the movie has received a lot of love. The old SS was sh*t. We even got a Peacemaker show out of it. I would call it a success. 

Also, good movie.