Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

7 minutes ago, SRINI87 said:

His wife didn't like the joke

Has to be the most awkward oscars ever. This will go down in tv history. Also, so happy that CODA won. Brilliant movie. 

Here is an uncut version of what went down, don't play this loud in office on a Monday morning.

I have to say Chris Rock handeled it pretty well. 

Edited by SuperT

26 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Has to be the most awkward oscars ever. This will go down in tv history. Also, so happy that CODA won. Brilliant movie. 

Here is an uncut version of what went down, don't play this loud in office on a Monday morning.

I have to say Chris Rock handeled it pretty well. 

Chris goes full zen mode there

Big W for him

Wills ego - extension to his partner triggers him to act rashly, 

Not a sign of healthy realtionship

Assault on a public forum warrants criminal charges

Edited by Modern_Ubermensch
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

He did joke about his wife going bald which probably is a touchy point for her. 

I believe there is no limit that cannot be crossed if the joke is good enough. But making fun of appearance or disease is probably the easiest and cheapest form of humor so idk I side with Will on this. 

And also, I feel this is staged as sh*t. 

Idk man that's what I thought but it doesn't look staged. Also, I think this was misdirected anger at Chris. Will laughed at the joke and Jada was pissed, I mean you don't laugh at a joke then realise that the wife is pissed and then run over to slap someone on national TV and then hurl abuses. Also, will and Jada have had a very troubled realtionship, but that's on them for making it public. Chris just hit a wrong nerve but you cannot assault someone for a joke. 

• Like 1

Just now, KnackChap said:

This is a better video as it shows Smith & his wife's initial reaction.  

God damn!! WOW!! Chris handled it well... but yeah will shouldn't have done that their are other ways to deal with things...

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

He did joke about his wife going bald which probably is a touchy point for her. 

I believe there is no limit that cannot be crossed if the joke is good enough. But making fun of appearance or disease is probably the easiest and cheapest form of humor so idk I side with Will on this. 

And also, I feel this is staged as sh*t. 

Hmm. It’s difficult to say if it is staged or not. Wills apparently love his family too much even though the breaches of trust from his wife and his idiot and spoiled children. 

Could be staged to show as the knight of shining armor to his wife. 

Could also be a publicity stunt for some attention to a dying awards show which awards movies based on reservations than merit. 

I can’t remember the last time I saw a Best Picture. And when I do, these dialogue heavy movies are soooo boring that it is a struggle to watch them full. 

Just checked online,it ain’t no disease or health issue as such. 

Just regular alopecia which 70% of men above the age of 35 suffer from & get casual jokes written on since 12th century. 

Pretty weird to punch someone at the Oscars for a silly joke on baldness just coz it was female this time. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Could also be a publicity stunt for some attention to a dying awards show which awards movies based on reservations than merit. 

I can’t remember the last time I saw a Best Picture. And when I do, these dialogue heavy movies are soooo boring that it is a struggle to watch them full. 

Agreed. But to be fair CODA is brilliant, it is not at all a boring or a dialog heavy movie. It has been a weak year to be honest but CODA deserved it. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

This is a better video as it shows Smith & his wife's initial reaction.  

She must have said to Will that if you don't do something now, I will cheat on you again :lol:

• Haha 8

21 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I'm glad they're not following a formula. 

I think they're still trying to find their formula, but they're definitely still aping Marvel. I mean, their opening animation is derived as f**k, and, doesn't this (and the previous one) movie exist because of GoTG?  

I think you'll like this video. 

Yeah, thanks. So many little nuggets missed. Makes me want to watch it again. 

Spoiler

That whole friendly competition shooting b/w peacemaker and bloodsport which turns out they were shooting the good guys genuinely makes me LOL just thinking about it :rofl: 

17 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I think the movie has received a lot of love. The old SS was sh*t. We even got a Peacemaker show out of it. I would call it a success. 

Also, good movie. 

Just didn't hear about it much anywhere, here, or otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

She must have said to Will that if you don't do something now, I will cheat on you again :lol:

Her sitting there is in itself an indication that she has accepted her new look & doesn’t feel like doing nothing about it. 

Referencing her new look to a popular movie is in no way a big deal. 

She isn’t ill or in suffering mode….it’s normal alopecia. 
Obviously there is mental & depressive issues associated with it….but then one doesn’t go out fully glammed up in the front row of the most popular night of the year.

Obviously her smiling presence there signifies that she is ok with it like 100% of the men with same condition are. 

Edited by AnK