Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Didn't understand lighthouse at all so the fact that this is straightforward is good news for me. 

Yeah, I didn't quite get all of it either but I was still utterly captivated by it.

The movie felt like a bizarre fever dream, and sometimes having a concrete explanation for everything kinda takes away that surrealistic charm :fear1:

Anyway, you should check out The Witch too if you haven't already. AFAIR it's pretty straightforward.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Hard to describe other than saying that it's amazing. 

Came to know that most of the wacky effects are in camera too. 

Gotta love Michel Gondry for using camera in such a creative way. Watch his other movies too - Be Kind Rewind is one of the classics.

Guys. Watch King Richard. Everyone, including the kinds have performed exceptionally. It is a charming, inspiring story of craziness of one mind: Richard Williams, the father of Venus and Serena Williams.

A poor-ish, black family trying to break into a predominantly white & elitist sport, sticking to The Plan, and making it happen. 

It’s funny, poignant, inspiring, and engrossing. Some mild pandering does make the cut, but it’s mostly in the corners. If anything, it’s been softened a bit. I’m aware that the reality was a bit harder & harsher. 

A very enjoyable movie. Highlights family values, upbringing, hard work, vision, and most of all, to not to let the world bring your crazy down. 

8.5/10

2 hours ago, achilles said:

Guys. Watch King Richard. Everyone, including the kinds have performed exceptionally. It is a charming, inspiring story of craziness of one mind: Richard Williams, the father of Venus and Serena Williams.

A poor-ish, black family trying to break into a predominantly white & elitist sport, sticking to The Plan, and making it happen. 

It’s funny, poignant, inspiring, and engrossing. Some mild pandering does make the cut, but it’s mostly in the corners. If anything, it’s been softened a bit. I’m aware that the reality was a bit harder & harsher. 

A very enjoyable movie. Highlights family values, upbringing, hard work, vision, and most of all, to not to let the world bring your crazy down. 

8.5/10

Is it available on streaming?

10 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Hard to describe other than saying that it's amazing. 

Came to know that most of the wacky effects are in camera too. 

Damn...der aay par durust aay

Charlie Kaufman and Michel Gondry together only spells magic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Might get ban reduced or cancelled after BLM/Left protests with the usual white oppression. 

:doh:

There is a video where he says that he had planned a huge extravagant birthday party for her but instead of being impressed or happy, she said it's just a display of his huge ego and he also agreed to it :rofl:

:wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy:

Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness

booked tix for 7th May 2.30pm show

PVR phoenix IMAX with LASER @ lower parel

I think this IMAX screen is the only one in India with IMAX’s new LASER technology 

IMAX with LASER with dead blacks and super wide color gamut = OLED 

Other Imax theaters = fald

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I think this IMAX screen is the only one in India with IMAX’s new LASER technology 

all of them seem to be 3D shows only, prefer 2D

9 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Crazy coincidence i will be sitting somewhere near you then same date and timing.

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

normal imax theatres don’t have 3d low brightness 

laser imax would be even brighter, wider color gamut and inky deep blacks

that may be, but 3D nahi chahiye