Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

14 hours ago, Ne0 said:

So, anyone set for kgf: chapter 2 over the weekend ?

I guess it would be a good family outing movie (movie+shopping+dinner) in a mall to escape the heat, but looking at the hype, I think tickets would be hard to come by !!

South movies are the new hot topic now.

When bollywood does the same thing they get thrown comments like what stupidity and no logic. Come to South movies, its called style :lol:

4 hours ago, hope said:

When bollywood does the same thing they get thrown comments like what stupidity and no logic. Come to South movies, its called style :lol:

It's all about presentation, the script/sequences may be similar, but the way you show to the audience makes all the difference ! 

20 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Didn't like first one at all. Stopped watching after the unbelievably cringey and stupid Salaam Rocky bhai song. In action scene before that, the hero barely lifted his legs or hand properly.  And entire movie was fast narration till then. They spend so much money to make movies look so good, but make total garbage content. 

Yes,f**king superfast story telling in the starting confused lot of ppl,sh*t movie.

Edited by Felix the cat

2 hours ago, SRINI87 said:

Nothing happening.

Mostly these kinda movies break box office records in India. Atleast visuals looks good.

And by the Looks of it  KGF 2 is on the way to break opening day record.

I don't know if it'll be good or bad, as long as i don't get bored and get to sit in ac for 3 hours, munching popcorn, I'm happy.  I mean it's 2.5 years man, since i went to an actual theater to watch a movie ! All those artistic movies, i can watch on ott, need some maseledar action thriller movie for theater viewing .... :boxing:

46 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

I don't know if it'll be good or bad, as long as i don't get bored and get to sit in ac for 3 hours, munching popcorn, I'm happy.  I mean it's 2.5 years man, since i went to an actual theater to watch a movie ! All those artistic movies, i can watch on ott, need some maseledar action thriller movie for theater viewing .... :boxing:

You haven't seen Spiderman No way home? 

2 minutes ago, dante77 said:

You haven't seen Spiderman No way home? 

Nah man, like i said haven't been to a shopping mall or cinema in almost 2 years, only movies I've seen in this period are the ones on OTT.  

Edited by Ne0
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, hope said:

South flicks be like

> OP hero
> zero threat to him, beats 1000 guys without breaking a sweat
> same old script from 70s
> melodrama that would even put hindi tv serials to shame
> loud songs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cyberpunk said:

South flicks be like

> OP hero
> loud songs

Lol no, you're just stereotyping.

Besides, south also includes Tamil, Malayalam and Kannada too. Each having their own share of good movies, and a lot more than Telugu, in my opinion. 

If you're up for it, I'm sure people here can list out a few movies, that can really change your opinion. ?

Edited by Ram Dante

6 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

South flicks be like

> OP hero
> loud songs

That applies to many of the recent Salman Khan/Ajay Devgan/tiger Shroff/akshay kumar movies too.  Considering thst many of the recent Bollywood movies are/were just remakes of South flicks, extrapolate to include those Bollywood movies too (most recent being bachhan Pandey- remake of some South flick whose name i forgot) !!

If you open up your mind instead of being the proverbial frog in the well, you'll realise there are many good movies made across India, and many of them are outside of Bollywood !!

Edited by Ne0
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

South flicks be like

> OP hero
> loud songs

watch some critically acclaimed Malayalam movies that are on Prime, has none of these things you have mentioned.... top-class script..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

And still barely has a few scratches here and there.

I mean if he used a gun or some weapon could've still made some sense but it was all a fistfight with some police ka danda thrown in between. 

2 hours ago, abhi90 said:

You forgot the instant FULL recovery via water bucket

Guy def had some superpower. Atleast 3-4 times he's almost dead but comes back with full strength. 

2 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

watch some critically acclaimed Malayalam movies that are on Prime, has none of these things you have mentioned.... top-class script..

The only malyalam movie I've seen is drishyam.  Any suggestions that are avilable on prime video ?   Drishyam, i watched with subtitles, but, best if there's a voice dubbed version in Hindi/Telugu/kannada available.

Edited by Ne0

18 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

The only malyalam movie I've seen is drishyam.  Any suggestions that are avilable on prime video ?   Drishyam, i watched with subtitles, but, best if there's a voice dubbed version in Hindi/Telugu/kannada available.

Jallikattu is must watch... will recommend few more but watch this first..  don't really need to know the language for this 

Plus Minnal Murali on Netflix..  no logic but amazing !

Edited by Assassins Creed

13 hours ago, Ne0 said:

If you open up your mind instead of being the proverbial frog in the well, you'll realise there are many good movies made across India, and many of them are outside of Bollywood !!

Nobody cares about Bollywood anymore. Thanks to McDonald Marvel, even Hollywood has become a joke. Meanwhile, South keeps making movies for everyone. It's just that the movies that are made strictly for mass consumption like KGF, Bahubali and RRR are becoming popular.