Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

16 hours ago, Felix the cat said:

i just watched a malayalam movie today,Salute,What a story,loved it.No masala,no fight,no intolerable emotional drama,and more importantly specially for indian movies i want to say that ,even no love story:majesty:

just a simple good script.amazing

Check out Nayattu on Netflix and Joji on Prime video. 

16 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Should be a treat at IMAX. 

No word on a release date for India yet though :|

16 hours ago, Ne0 said:

I think most of them would start coming on Netflix or other OTT going forward, like The Irishman. 

I guess it depends on the budget.

Judging solely by how many movies A24 has been pumping out, low-budget indies still seem to have a decent market there.

But if they do go completely OTT, it will probably be better for us as these movies don't make it to Indian theaters half the time anyway.

And even when they do make it, they're censored in some way or another.

On 4/13/2022 at 5:25 AM, Ne0 said:

That applies to many of the recent Salman Khan/Ajay Devgan/tiger Shroff/akshay kumar movies too.  Considering thst many of the recent Bollywood movies are/were just remakes of South flicks, extrapolate to include those Bollywood movies too (most recent being bachhan Pandey- remake of some South flick whose name i forgot) !!

If you open up your mind instead of being the proverbial frog in the well, you'll realise there are many good movies made across India, and many of them are outside of Bollywood !!

Oh Bollywood also is trash now. Gone are the days when there were movies like Rang De Basanti, Lakshya, Swadesh or even good blockbusters like the first Dhoom or Munnabhai. Can't even name a memorable movie from the last 5 years or so.

1 hour ago, cyberpunk said:

Oh Bollywood also is trash now. Gone are the days when there were movies like Rang De Basanti, Lakshya, Swadesh or even good blockbusters like the first Dhoom or Munnabhai. Can't even name a memorable movie from the last 5 years or so.

I don't watch Bollywood movies a whole lot, but I could come up with these just off the top of my head.

Andhadhun

Tumbbad

Ugly

Udta Punjab

A Death in the Gunj

Piku

Haider

Dangal

Gully Boy

Badlapur

I've heard Masaan, Pink, and Sardar Udham are really good too. Have been meaning to watch them for quite a while but haven't gotten around to it yet.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

This is hilarious because only 3 movies from your list came out in the last 5 years. 

He said 5 or so years. So I'll scratch out the ones that came out in 2014-15.

Andhadhun - 2018

Tumbbad - 2018

Ugly - 2014

Udta Punjab - 2016

A Death in the Gunj - 2016 

Piku - 2015

Haider - 2014

Dangal - 2016

Gully Boy - 2019

Badlapur -2015

And he said he can't name even one, so there's still six off the top of my head :lol:

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

2016 is six years old :P

I would think 6 qualifies for "5 or so".

But I guess Bollywood has always been mostly trash with a few good to great movies here and there. And that is pretty much how it is now as well.

It's just the nostalgia goggles that make it look like it was in a better state previously.