Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

He said 5 or so years. So I'll scratch out the ones that came out in 2014-15.

Andhadhun - 2018

Tumbbad - 2018

Ugly - 2014

Udta Punjab - 2016

A Death in the Gunj - 2016 

Piku - 2015

Haider - 2014

Dangal - 2016

Gully Boy - 2019

Badlapur -2015

And he said he can't name even one, so there's still six off the top of my head :lol:

Good bollywood movies are quite few and far in between. Recent ones which are good are 83 and Ludo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Mainstream kinda sucks but good indie movies here and there. Certainly not even close to Hollywood. 

Indian scene is pretty creatively bankrupt. 

It's the same handful of actors/directors making most of the mainstream movies since the past 2 decades.  I know it's the producers money and all that, but i feel, nepotism might have a role in the steady decline of Bollywood cinema.  I thought OTT might infuse some new talent, but even they've started taking these same known faces and the regular mainstream directors.  I fail to understand why a multi hundred crore industry decides to operate in such a closed manner.

Edited by Ne0

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Good bollywood movies are quite few and far in between. Recent ones which are good are 83 and Ludo. 

Haven't seen Ludo, but 83 was decent.  The riots thing felt a little far fetched, did that really happen ?

40 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Haven't seen Ludo, but 83 was decent.  The riots thing felt a little far fetched, did that really happen ?

No. All that and border stuff was typical Bollywood melodrama crap. 

14 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Kaun pravin tambe ? IS a good watch, less crap and songs and more real struggle. do give it a watch.

Yeah saw like half of it, it's based on a real story too.  This was a complete surprise, didn't know about this guy at all, debuting in ipl at 41 years, that's really something :O

9 hours ago, Pushy said:

saw KGF 1, i can relate it to God of War, Rocky being Kratos and rest as Gods whom he kills eventually :puspa:

Haaa! ab bas God of war ragnarok me ab "Salaam Rocky Bhai" Song aane ki deri hai :ack: :chair:

• Haha 1

On 4/15/2022 at 3:31 PM, gecko89 said:

Death on the Nile

Pretty good, found it much better than the orient express. Production quality is top freaking notch. 

Yesss! It was very well done, despite Gal's questionable acting but I really hope we can get a third Poirot movie.

Also, whats this about the movie The Northman? Apparently its released in some countries and not doing well - but I've heard its fantastic.

Want to watch.