Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

23 hours ago, Ne0 said:

I feel Bollywood should first stop copying and invest in same good writers/musicians.  Earlier they used to copy Western movies/songs etc and now they're copying Southern language movies/songs etc.  Bollywood's strength was pre-dominantly in music/rom-com/family/drama movies, especially after the angry young man's era of AB.  Just look at top grossing Hindi/Bollywood movies and more than 50% if them would be from these genres.  Instead of playing to their strengths and making good decent original movies , they are simply remaking hit movies just to get in the multi hundred crore club.  Maybe they think it's risk free, but they're losing the audience who would've seen these movies already on ott/dubbed versions on tv or in theaters in the original language.  Also they need to stop relying on the same handful of actors for big budget movies.  Anyway, I'm no movie business expert, but i think Bollywood really need to get it's act together, else it's going to start losing relevance in the coming years.

Good riddance.

4 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Saw that video a couple of days ago and wished to watch the movie right then. After a long while a film has caused this kind of anticipation. Cinemas were created for movies like this.

This feels like it is going to be peak Cruise :D

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, achilles said:

Saw that video a couple of days ago and wished to watch the movie right then. After a long while a film has caused this kind of anticipation. Cinemas were created for movies like this.

Yup. Seeing all those reactions from the cinemacon premiere has got me even more hyped (more than even for Doctor Strange).

2 hours ago, achilles said:

2 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yup. Seeing all those reactions from the cinemacon premiere has got me even more hyped (more than even for Doctor Strange).

very hyped to see this, love Cruise and love Top Gun. 

also, 4DX or IMAX? It'll be watchable in both formats? I guess 4DX with the motion and stuff makes sense, but the exhilarating nature and all the audio of the aircraft manoeuvres would be better in IMAX no?

19 hours ago, North said:

very hyped to see this, love Cruise and love Top Gun. 

also, 4DX or IMAX? It'll be watchable in both formats? I guess 4DX with the motion and stuff makes sense, but the exhilarating nature and all the audio of the aircraft manoeuvres would be better in IMAX no?

Yeah, IMAX would be the safer bet. 4DX can be quite hit or miss.

I'm willing to risk it because I absolutely loved the 4DX implementation in Ford v Ferrari, and I'm hoping this will have a similar (if not better) experience. Also, I don't have an option for IMAX :lol:

I'd say go for IMAX first, and if the reviews for 4DX are good, then go see it once more :P

• Like 1

Apparently, the trailers sent to cinemas are not encrypted for some reason and since the screenshots are already coming out, I think they’re going to release the trailer before May 6th. Also, the projectionists who have seen the trailer stated that the underwater scenes look incredible in 3D and High Frame Rate compared to 2D where it looks a bit flat in comparison. I think James Cameron has done it again! :wOOtjumpy: