Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

23 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

DS2 is a complete Sam Raimi movie! It has the horror vibe of Evil Dead and Army of Darkness throughout, a treat for fans of his work. My first day first show audience went nuts at *certain scenes*.  Strange and Wanda are both amazing in this, even the newcomer America Chavez. 

Oh yes it's awesome. The horror elements and even the violence is great. Definitely not for kids.

Finally watched DS2. Out and out a Sam Raimi movie, within whatever limits Marvel placed on him. 

Spoiler

Did not like the "happy" ending though. The stories need to accept complex endings. The 2 post credit scenes - TROLLMAX ! :rofl:

Watched DS2, what an absolute banger. Raimi’ness is through the roof. My screening popped off at every cameo and intro.

I’m on mobile note. Will get to desktop to post spoilers 

Watched Dr Strange 2. Easily the best movie for me of Phase 4. As far as I'm concerned, the keys to next Avengers can be given to Raimi. Did a phenomenal job with incorporating his own creativity and also giving audiences some fan service. Felt like he understood all the characters well and gave them their moments.  

For me the best part 

Spoiler

Zombie Dr Strange with the cloak of dead souls. What a frikkin' cool visual that was!!!! 

Disney/Marvel's Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness is having a crazy ride at the international box office, now at $139.3M through Friday and headed to $230M+ through Sunday overseas. The global total with Friday's domestic start included is already $229.3M. The sequel is looking to cast a $400M+ spell worldwide for the full weekend.

Current estimates have the first three days offshore at just 17% below Spider-Man: No Way Home, 180% ahead of The Batman and +207% above the first Doctor Strangeon a like-for-like basis.

International markets are holding fast and setting new records. Friday added five more hubs to take the total to 49. India debuted the Sam Raimi-directed pic at $4.3M for No. 1 and the fourth-highest Hollywood launch day of all time. Spain's No. 1 start of $2.5M is the best opening day of the pandemic and Turkey's $700K set a benchmark for the top opening Friday in history.

crazy evil dead GIF

On 5/6/2022 at 7:10 PM, ZooZoo said:

Funny part is, my GF who didnt watch the youtube video which I shared with her to prepare for this movie was clueless most of the time. She was like, WTF is happening. :rofl: Watch Wandavision atleast if you wanna connect with the story. 

Good to see Wanda in full form. In magic, Dr Strange is basically that Jugadoo student of class who doesnt study well but somehow manages to get good grade while Wanda is the IIT topper who is on ultra level. Its apparent throughout the movie.

The power scaling has been messed up after this movie.

Not even sure what Dr. Strange can even do. All the others like Marvel, America etc etc are nerfed.

Saw Doctor Strange 2. Great movie. Definite watch. 7.5/10. Different from animated series ‘what if..’ on disney plus. 

Also - Scarlet witch is possibly the most powerful character in MCU. She can kill a lot, if not all characters in MCU. 

Edited by 202croc

Watched DS2. Not a particularly great movie, but a really fun ride nonetheless.

The movie is at its most enjoyable when Raimi's having fun with its horror elements. I absolutely loved the part where Strange

Spoiler

possesses his own corpse. That whole sequence was awesome as f**k, and I would've liked to have a bit more of stuff like that.

I actually now find myself craving for a long overdue re-watch of the Evil Dead trilogy.

Also, have to really appreciate the MCU here for building such a rich film & TV universe. Even though many of their movies are cookie-cutter, they've still managed to cram together sh*t like witchcraft, sorcery, mysticism, aliens, gods, super-soldiers, spies, robots, time-travelling, multiverse, and what have you while still maintaining coherence. Definitely not an easy task.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

Multiverse of Madness - A pure Raimi flick with all the signature elements, loved all the references and casting of returning and new characters. BGM was Fire especially in that scene. Story was a bit off and not coherent but it could be because of the deleted footage. We do want Raimi Cut.

PS - Do wait for the second post credit scene, it’s the most important one yet.

• Thanks 1