Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Watched this really good Norwegian movie the other night called The Innocents.

It's about a bunch of little kids discovering that they have superpowers. Of course, one of them turns out to be an evil little sh*t who starts using his powers to hurt people. 

Even though the movie involves kids, it actually gets kinda disturbing with depictions of some pretty realistic violence and horror elements without ever going over the top.

It's really well directed too, albeit very leisurely paced which can turn off some people (I personally liked it).

Ohh and the kids' performances are f**king brilliant! The whole time I was watching the movie I was wondering how they got such young kids to act so damn well.

Would definitely recommend checking it out if you don't mind slow-burn movies.

1cFtMcU.jpg

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Right said:

Seriously, ND should go and beat the crap out of folks at Sony Pictures and show it how its done.

One of the Executive Producers is Neil Druckmann. He was actively involved in the production.

But, I guess, that's not enough considering the powers that be.

13 hours ago, Right said:

Saw Uncharted, what nonsense crap they have created.

Seriously, ND should go and beat the crap out of folks at Sony Pictures and show it how its done.

If we're being honest, the stories and writing of the Uncharted games were always B movie level.

2 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

If we're being honest, the stories and writing of the Uncharted games were always B movie level.

That's very wrong assessment of what I meant. Noone is expecting a Cohen movie out of this but it should've done justice to the characters which were already established and had a strong persona.

Tom Holland is too wimpy for Drake, Sully is too greedy and clever by half. The mistrust shown between the two throughout the movie, killed it for me. They were supposed to be brothers in arms. 

Worst part is they couldn't bring in even one sequence where Drake is uses his ledge hopping skills, he is doing it since he was a kid and was in an orphanage.

46 minutes ago, Right said:

That's very wrong assessment of what I meant. Noone is expecting a Cohen movie out of this but it should've done justice to the characters which were already established and had a strong persona.

Tom Holland is too wimpy for Drake, Sully is too greedy and clever by half. The mistrust shown between the two throughout the movie, killed it for me. They were supposed to be brothers in arms. 

Worst part is they couldn't bring in even one sequence where Drake is uses his ledge hopping skills, he is doing it since he was a kid and was in an orphanage.

Lol, I got what you meant. All I was saying was that the stories in the games weren't that great either. Good enough for video games, yes, but if the games were movies, they'd be pretty mediocre storywise, just like the movie.

Now, if the TLOU HBO show ends up being mediocre for example, you'd be right to say that ND should beat the crap out of the makers because the writing in the game is brilliant and the story is a masterpiece.

Edited by Kumar123

2 hours ago, Max Pain said:

Neil Druckmann is co-writing TLOU for HBO. I'm sure it'll be very close to the video game. Personally, I think his writing in UC4 sucked a*s.

By the way, the AVATAR 2 hype is REAL! :wOOtjumpy:

Like the top comment in that reddit page says, everyone underestimates Cameron, all the time.

Titanic started slow them blew every record wide open. It took decades and a marvels conclusion movie for 22 (half of which are either trash or redundant anyway) other movies to barely beat it.

And now this, after 13 years everyone says that no one cares and yet it's turning heads. Even if it makes half of the original, it's still a win. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Like the top comment in that reddit page says, everyone underestimates Cameron, all the time.

Titanic started slow them blew every record wide open. It took decades and a marvels conclusion movie for 22 (half of which are either trash or redundant anyway) other movies to barely beat it.

And now this, after 13 years everyone says that no one cares and yet it's turning heads. Even if it makes half of the original, it's still a win. 

Yup. Directors like Cameron or Ridley Scott are once a generation legends. Always always always hyped for their movies. f**k the haters. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Are these within 24 hours? 

Yep and all are way above Avatar 2.

44 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Hate Marvel all you want, but no one expected Avengers to be this big when even DC's Justice League couldn't make half of the first Avengers despite having some of the most popular superheros in it. What they have built is nothing short of remarkable. We live in an age where the new Doctor Strange movie will outgross the latest Batman within first few weeks of its release.

Cameron is great, no need to bring down others to propel him up. I wish he made more original movies than more Avatar sequels his entire life, but it is what it is. I'm still waiting for the The Abyss to be on Blu-Ray!

Edited by cyberpunk

25 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Hate Marvel all you want, but no one expected Avengers to be this big when even DC's Justice League couldn't make half of the first Avengers despite having some of the most popular superheros in it. What they have built is nothing short of remarkable. We live in an age where the new Doctor Strange movie will outgross the latest Batman within first few weeks of its release.

Cameron is great, no need to bring down others to propel him up. I wish he made more original movies than more Avatar sequels his entire life, but it is what it is. I'm still waiting for the The Abyss to be on Blu-Ray!

First of all, the list you posted is of lifetime views not 24hours.

Secondly, I genuinely think half of the marvel movies are either boring or redundant or both, that's my opinion. This also implies I liked or enjoyed the rest of it. Infact infinity war was better than endgame imo. This doesn't mean hate in anyway. No one is putting MCU down, you don't have to jump in like a defense squad.

The movies I disliked in MCU, I wouldn't touch again with a ten foot pole. Meanwhile Ridley Scott's Gladiator or James Cameron Terminators I've seen probably a dozen times at least.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gecko89 said:

If the movie releases in China, it's going to cross a billion easy.

5 hours ago, Max Pain said:

Neil Druckmann is co-writing TLOU for HBO. I'm sure it'll be very close to the video game. Personally, I think his writing in UC4 sucked a*s.

By the way, the AVATAR 2 hype is REAL! :wOOtjumpy:

f**k Cuckmann. f**king ruined TLOU2 and kicked out Amy Hennig.

2 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

Bruh what. The Justice League movie came way after The Avengers.