Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

On 5/18/2022 at 10:35 AM, KunjanPSD said:

Exactly, I never buy food from these places. And lately PVR Citywalk is in full on demand recovery mode, I don't understand why people are even paying 1000-1500 bucks a 2hr movie. I generally go to non-imax in Ambience for 400 bucks or just wait till the prices come down like DS2 going for 400 bucks in IMAX now.

I stay in Faridabad. For Bollywood movies we watch at near by PVR or INOX. For Marvel movies or something like Top Gun we always prefer watching at CityWalk IMAX. And we usually eat at the food court rather than eating overpriced not tasty food in the hall.

DS2 is indeed 400 for Prime seats which are semi recliner and are quite comfortable so we are watching it coming Monday. 

On 5/18/2022 at 3:30 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

I don't think Spice or Wave carry subtitles. However, had no issues with DS2. 

I'll anyway head over to Wave. Haven't tested the recline tbh. Seats are OK, heck Noida IMAX has many broken seats, and for those they're charging 800 bucks. No movie is worth 800-1000 bucks for a normal seat. 

A decade back when I was doing a job in Noida I used to watch lots of movies at Spice and Wave. Always preferred Wave due to better screen and seats. Broken seats in IMAX is quite shocking. I have seen few movies in Noida IMAX when it was built and they were quite good then. 

22 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Finally watched Everything Everywhere All At Once and absolutely loved how unapologetically weird and wacky it was.

This thing goes all in on the multiverse concept and is unlike almost anything I've ever seen. Heck, if there's one movie that deserves the title of "Multiverse of Madness", it is this.

And with all the electric energy that is zapping through its veins, it still manages to tell a heartfelt story with relatable and well-acted characters (it does get a bit corny at times but I didn't mind it too much).

On the flipside, this movie is a tad overlong and can be such a sensory overload that it can probably give you a headache if you watch it after a long day at work. Something to keep in mind. 

But yeah, do yourselves a favour and still watch it because we rarely get something that is this original, this stylish, and this confident in being its own thing.

hFIyszN.jpg

Swiss Army Man from the same directors was wacky as well. Expect nothing less from them. Was on my watchlist for long. Downloaded and hopefully get to watch this weekend.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, achilles said:

Thanks. Like your recommendations. Where do you pick these from? Is there a feed? MUBI? 

No particular feed as such. I guess I kinda just keep up with film news from Rotten Tomatoes and subreddits like r/A24, r/movies, and r/horror. Everything Everywhere All at Once has been getting great word of mouth for a while now.

You can also find a lot of good obscure stuff on RT by looking for the best movies in a specific year in the genre of your liking. I just pick whatever piques my interest from there :P

Watched The Kashmir Files with my mom after my she repeatedly kept asking about it. I knew about this for years, so I didn't plan on watching the whole thing, because "what difference does it make in the end?" but ended up not even taking a 2 min break. It really put a lot of things in perspective. Makes a lot of "issues" seem petty in comparison to what Kashmiri Pandits have faced. I feel like taking a break from watching movies for a couple of days.

1 hour ago, Max Pain said:

Watched The Kashmir Files with my mom after my she repeatedly kept asking about it. I knew about this for years, so I didn't plan on watching the whole thing, because "what difference does it make in the end?" but ended up not even taking a 2 min break. It really put a lot of things in perspective. Makes a lot of "issues" seem petty in comparison to what Kashmiri Pandits have faced. I feel like taking a break from watching movies for a couple of days.

Yup. Not an easy watch, and the reality is more gruesome than depicted. 

No justice for the KPs till Bitta Karate is behind bars. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Haven't watched the movie , but watched his interview where he openly admits he did it. Honestly its just sad to see he's still free.

Finally saw 'RRR' on zee5 yesterday.  One of the best superhero movie from Indian cinema :thumbsup:

Superpowers:

- superhuman strength, able to lift heavy objects (ex: 20s motorbike) spin it and throw it with ease.  The Brute strength is such that one of them can rip apart a prison door with bare hands.

- rapid healing, From lashes to bone crushing injuries to stabs to the heart, the heroes get over them very fast and are full ready to take on the next challenge.

- no need of nutrition, One of the heroes has the ability to maintain six pack abs , do pull ups even after being starved for weeks.

- singing/dancing in perfect rhythm/synchronisation.

• Haha 2

On 5/20/2022 at 9:37 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

How are you sure that what is depicted is real ?

The movie very conveniently leaves out a lot of things which happened then - like which party was ruling in the center that time (Hint - Same party is in power right now ) . I can understand if the ruling party was unable to stop the exodus as it has been years in the making but at least they could have helped relocate the KP's better. ( They did nothing btw) 

The events depicted in last scene happened in 2003 . No points for guessing who was in power in centre then and what action they took ( Nothing ) . 

I can post many videos from youtube exposing the hypocrisy of the directors and the actors of the above movie and their "Agenda" . Also the fact that these people want movie to be tax free - yet oppose free screening for poor people / haven't donated a penny from earnings of the movie for helping KP's .

Ohh yeah there should also be a Gujarat files movie showing events of Godhra riots of 2002 - but wait there was one in 2006/07 . Funny enough the movie was not allowed to screen in many parts of India including Gujarat . 

Edited by Krazyniks

It's obviously very sad what happened . But please don't believe everything shown in the movie to be the truth . 

Regarding Justice - it's not just KP's tragedy which hasn't received it. Many other tragedies in India itself haven't got the justice it deserves .

Do I need to watch any movies before Chip n Dale 2022 to understand most of the references in it or is it not necessary? I heard it has a way better detective story than The Batman and it has been a while since I have seen a fun animated movie, but I am not sure how much the references will get in the way of enjoying the story.

By the way, saw Akira Kurosawa's High and Low. Really enjoyed it. His films are always timeless.

Edited by Max Pain

On 5/17/2022 at 3:50 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

PVR IMAX Noida prices for Jurassic Park are 840 for normal tickets, and 1240 for recliner. 

what the f**k has happened to PVR pricing? Is it just me who thinks these are insane prices ? Worst is almost all these seats get full ! 

Is that for a monthly subscription? :rofl:
Makes sense why stock price of PVR has increased. I refuse to pay more than 200 for a ticket.

8 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Finally saw 'RRR' on zee5 yesterday.  One of the best superhero movie from Indian cinema :thumbsup:

Superpowers:

- superhuman strength, able to lift heavy objects (ex: 20s motorbike) spin it and throw it with ease.  The Brute strength is such that one of them can rip apart a prison door with bare hands.

- rapid healing, From lashes to bone crushing injuries to stabs to the heart, the heroes get over them very fast and are full ready to take on the next challenge.

- no need of nutrition, One of the heroes has the ability to maintain six pack abs , do pull ups even after being starved for weeks.

- singing/dancing in perfect rhythm/synchronisation.

Lol, the last one is not a superpower though.

9 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Watched Batman again on oled. 

What a beautiful movie. Liked it even more on a re-watch. 

I think the only issue I had with it was even with how awesome it was, the penguin chase scene had Batman showing blatant disregard for human life. 

I don't think the plot armour is an issue. Batman has always had impenetrable plot armour across all mediums. 

Multiverse of Madness was also pretty fun. The story is dumb as sh*t but the movie just goes wild with the visuals and action. 

This has to be the most violent MCU movie so far. I think it's the first time we actually see blood in MCU. 

Y'all OLED walas watch your films on blu-ray or via some streaming service?

If it's a streaming service is the quality and HDR good?