Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I generally download blu ray remuxes. 

Although for this one only HBO max rip was available. 

HBO max rips are pretty good in general. Although the one I downloaded didn't have DV which was disappointing. 

Quality is pretty solid tbh. Key difference vs blu ray would be in audio which I won't notice anyways because I don't have home theater system. 

How big in size are these rips? For good quality i mean, i see ones that are like 10gb marked as 4k bluray rips.

Remux means uncompressed Blu-Ray files. They're always huge in size, even the 1080p versions. 4K versions are usually above 55 GB, some movies cross 80 GB and even 100 GB.

HBO Max 4K rips are usually between 22 to 32 GB (good range for 4K without sacrificing much quality) and they're VERY good video wise. Audio however isn't that good. Maybe it got better with The Batman, but I don't remember it being much different from other HMax movies.

Amazon rips are better audio wise because I never noticed much difference between their E-AC3 and lossless audio streams. Same with Disney+. It's only HMax where the audio sucks for some reason.

Edited by Max Pain

Saw Jersey - Hindi version on Netflix. The story tries to be inspiring but the plot doesn’t make any sense. The lack of communication was the real villain of the movie. If only the hero had some genuine conversations with his family and coach, all his problems would have been solved, but no, he had to be angry all the time and do stupid things to prove his greatness. The end reveal felt hollow because of how the scene was setup. Direction could have been better.

21 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

How are you sure that what is depicted is real ?

The movie very conveniently leaves out a lot of things which happened then - like which party was ruling in the center that time (Hint - Same party is in power right now ) . I can understand if the ruling party was unable to stop the exodus as it has been years in the making but at least they could have helped relocate the KP's better. ( They did nothing btw) 

The events depicted in last scene happened in 2003 . No points for guessing who was in power in centre then and what action they took ( Nothing ) . 

I can post many videos from youtube exposing the hypocrisy of the directors and the actors of the above movie and their "Agenda" . Also the fact that these people want movie to be tax free - yet oppose free screening for poor people / haven't donated a penny from earnings of the movie for helping KP's .

Ohh yeah there should also be a Gujarat files movie showing events of Godhra riots of 2002 - but wait there was one in 2006/07 . Funny enough the movie was not allowed to screen in many parts of India including Gujarat . 

Not a politics thread so will only make quick points.

OK if the movie leaves out some things, how does that make what is depicted not true? Unless we are saying testimonies from the KPs themselves are false, then there is nothing that can be discussed further.

Did nothing allegation is also false. Article 370 removal itself is something which many thought downright impossible. Migrant colonies are another example. Of course, they could've and should've done far far more, but still remain better in this regard than any other party. Politics is always game of best out of bad choices.

Again, even if the director is of a particular political persuasion (like a majority of bollywood leans to the other side), does that make the events in the film untrue? Neither does not making the movie free. They could've, sure, maybe even should've, but still that doesn't make anything untrue.

No issues with any movie on Gujrat riots, and some have already been made, but just please do start with the Godhra train burnings- the thing that sparked it all. Woh conveniently ya toh gloss over ho jaata hai, quick snippet main dikha diya jata hai without even showing who did it and how it was done etc. ya phir bullshit peddle kiya jata hai ki 'spontaneous' fire lag gaya tha.

My general point is, why demean the pain of KPs or do 'whataboutery'? Left-leaning and showing muslim side movies are dime a dozen. Ek movie bani hai toh itna pain hai sabko (not a comment on you individually, but on general discourse).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, kittoo said:

Not a politics thread so will only make quick points.

OK if the movie leaves out some things, how does that make what is depicted not true? Unless we are saying testimonies from the KPs themselves are false, then there is nothing that can be discussed further.

Did nothing allegation is also false. Article 370 removal itself is something which many thought downright impossible. Migrant colonies are another example. Of course, they could've and should've done far far more, but still remain better in this regard than any other party. Politics is always game of best out of bad choices.

Again, even if the director is of a particular political persuasion (like a majority of bollywood leans to the other side), does that make the events in the film untrue? Neither does not making the movie free. They could've, sure, maybe even should've, but still that doesn't make anything untrue.

No issues with any movie on Gujrat riots, and some have already been made, but just please do start with the Godhra train burnings- the thing that sparked it all. Woh conveniently ya toh gloss over ho jaata hai, quick snippet main dikha diya jata hai without even showing who did it and how it was done etc. ya phir bullshit peddle kiya jata hai ki 'spontaneous' fire lag gaya tha.

My general point is, why demean the pain of KPs or do 'whataboutery'? Left-leaning and showing muslim side movies are dime a dozen. Ek movie bani hai toh itna pain hai sabko (not a comment on you individually, but on general discourse).

There are lot of testimonials from many KP's as well which say events depicted in the film have been exaggerated. But yeah woh kaun dikhayega .The actual events (in few cases) have been shown differently than how they happened . One only needs to search and you will find answers.

The director of this movie famously said in an interview (3/4 years back)  " Who said facts are facts "  when he was challenged on his comment of 40% of India being infected with Naxals when the data from GOI pointed otherwise at 8% .

Yeah let's trust this director who has a very clear agenda to show the real facts . 

Article 370 removal is good step ( for shutting down international debates about Kashmir) but sorry that hasn't done anything for KP's .

The current government was ruling the country when the major events happened (exodus or the brutal killings in 2003 ) . Didn't do sh*t then. 

Hell they have been power for 8 years now - why not Start legal case against Bitta Karate . If that's difficult declare him as a terrorist . 

Make real efforts in Relocating KP's back in Kashmir. 

That will be the real justice for KP's not promotion of a movie.  

Not trying to undermine the pain of KP's and i am open to the movie being shown to everyone. 

Just want people to search for the truth themselves rather than believing everything shown . 

Cause this movie alongwith everything else happening in the country ( riots/ Bulldozer's / CAA / Blaming members of a community for spreading Covid ) has done nothing but develop hatred towards members of a particular community . We are more divided than ever before and don't see things changing.  

Will excuse myself from this thread now .

Edited by Krazyniks
  • Like 1

Saw Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2. A pretty-average, one-time watch.

BTW, those expecting a psychological thriller like the first one, will be disappointed. This is not at all a psychological thriller. It's a proper horror (with supernatural elements) comedy. Sadly, it doesn't nail either of the categories, kinda tries to balance it between both, and fails.

Also, the ones planning to watch it in theatres, let me save some of your monies by saying that Netflix is the streaming partner of the movie. You're welcome!

• Haha 1