Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

3 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

Batman has historically never made a lot of money in China. The rest of them are pandemic movies bruh. Not to mention, the theatres in Shanghai, the biggest market in China was going through a lock down due to COVID. Things haven't gotten back to normal there yet. The new change is China just not allowing big Disney movies and movies like Top Gun Maverick to play there. Not the movies not making enough money.

Hollywood movies are not making enough money there, no matter what the reason. Whatever movie released there, earned less than what they would have earned otherwise. During COVID, native Chinese movies earned, its not like movies stopped earning there

Edited by Sach4life

8 hours ago, Sach4life said:

Hollywood movies are not making enough money there, no matter what the reason. Whatever movie released there, earned less than what they would have earned otherwise. During COVID, native Chinese movies earned, its not like movies stopped earning there

https://www.reuters.com/breakingviews/chinese-movie-industry-screens-business-tragedy-2022-06-08/

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Big Boss said:

If WB had thought the DC universe properly we could have had Justice league movies covering stories like Tower of Babel, Identity crisis etc. Darkseid, Brainiac would have been featured too. It's baffling decision making from them. At least animated universe was way better.

Quite frankly, WB is the worst in the movie business IMO. I would not be surprised if the only reason they are still alive is to prop up Disney as not having a monopoly in the industry. They've ruined a lot of legendary franchises and studios (New Line Cinema and ruining The Hobbit is one I will not forgive them for). Heck, their 4k Blu Rays are also of piss poor shoddy quality, that spoils very fast. Overall, at this point WB is "Just Existing". They have no passion, talent or creativity left IMO.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

2007 called, they want their superhero movie back. :lol: Looks mid and Rock is playing himself again.

Sadly. The CGI looked kind of meh as well, not just in quality but also art wise, which was disappointing since that was something DC movies usually excel at.

2 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Critics are ripping Jurassic World Dominion apart. It's apparently an overlong, boring, and bloated mess.

LxU5m0g.jpg

I probably should've waited for reviews before booking tickets :|

Jurassic Franchise without Steven Spielberg - meh!! The "World" movies were always boring. Good to watch in theaters if you're bored and have nothing else to do. I saw the last 2 (because I was bored) - and the movies were absolutely ridiculous, to the point of being stupid.

It tells a lot that 1990s Jurassic Park 1 is still the best - not just in terms of story, but in scariness, how Dinosaurs look, acting and everything else - and we are in 2022 currently.

The cash grab of this particular movie (No Spoilers, only from trailers) -

Spoiler

Is that Dr Grant and Dr Sattler from JP1 is back.

They could do nothing else other than rely on nostalgia to bring even some audiences to theaters.

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Not unlike any of the previous reboot movies

23 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Jurassic Franchise without Steven Spielberg - meh!! The "World" movies were always boring. Good to watch in theaters if you're bored and have nothing else to do. I saw the last 2 (because I was bored) - and the movies were absolutely ridiculous, to the point of being stupid.

It tells a lot that 1990s Jurassic Park 1 is still the best - not just in terms of story, but in scariness, how Dinosaurs look, acting and everything else - and we are in 2022 currently.

The cash grab of this particular movie (No Spoilers, only from trailers) -

Reveal hidden contents

Is that Dr Grant and Dr Sattler from JP1 is back.

They could do nothing else other than rely on nostalgia to bring even some audiences to theaters.

True.

This seems to be even worse than the previous ones. Quite a feat.

I don't know how one can manage to make a movie with dinosaurs boring. Even JP3, the worst of the original trilogy, was still fun.

4 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Critics are ripping Jurassic World Dominion apart. It's apparently an overlong, boring, and bloated mess.

LxU5m0g.jpg

I probably should've waited for reviews before booking tickets :|

I am also going today. Let's see.