Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

19 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

Watch KGF 1&2 next..

I have watched kgf 2 twice now :fear:

Second time, i watched in prime video at home and strangely, without all the hyper noise of theaters i actually liked it more.

Now, waiting for some friends/relatives to visit when i can watch both 1&2 back to back again on prime video ! 

4 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

"Aquaman earned $298 million out of $1.48 billion in China, but I’m guessing WB would have been happy with $850 million."

Errrm that's a bad guess. Studios have no downside to releasing movies there. $298 million is no small amount.

19 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

"Aquaman earned $298 million out of $1.48 billion in China, but I’m guessing WB would have been happy with $850 million."

Errrm that's a bad guess. Studios have no downside to releasing movies there. $298 million is no small amount.

Well, I'm more upset with the math. 

• Haha 3

Hollywood obviously needs China but are now too tired to give in to their censorship demands. 

Spiderman no way home could have easily made 300/400 mil dollars in China to make it 3rd highest grosser of all time. But Sony didn't release it because of censorship demands from Chinese government in few scenes . 

Edited by Krazyniks

38 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Hollywood obviously needs China but are now too tired to give in to their censorship demands. 

Spiderman no way home could have easily made 300/400 mil dollars in China to make it 3rd highest grosser of all time. But Sony didn't release it because of censorship demands from Chinese government in few scenes . 

Bollywood still releases movies in China though, right ?

9 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Bollywood still releases movies in China though, right ?

Only few films have released their after Covid . Chichhore and Drishyam both older movies. None of the new releases in India recently have been released in China i think. 

Watched JW Dominion.

Apart from a few entertaining moments here and there, it was just a very dull movie.

The raptor chase scene was the high point and was actually pretty fun, but after that the movie was just a series of tired and repetitive dino encounters.

It felt like the dinos barely did anything more than mildly inconveniencing the protags before moving on.

I'm okay with a movie being dumb if it's at least thrilling. But there's just no sense of danger or tension here.

By the end, even the protags don't look like they've been through much even though the movie wants to make you feel as if they have.

Just meh.

LdpfiTJ.gif

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Anyone watched Metal Lords? 

Haven't seen it yet.

But Sing Street is a similar movie, and it's awesome! Give it a watch if you are interested in Metal Lords.

It's got some really good original music too.

Just how cool does this look? Gah! I hate how underappreciated this movie is.

h0Puf4j.jpg

Edited by STICK3Rboy

Ezra Miller in trouble again with an Intimidation case of an 18-year-old; parents seek court protection

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/us/ezra-miller-in-trouble-again-with-an-intimidation-case-of-an-18-year-old-parents-seek-court-protection/articleshow/92110859.cms

Yikes, they can't catch a break! The Flash movie is cursed at this point. So many delays, lot of writers and directors leaving due to creative differences and now all this drama.

8 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Dude, where's your review of ulaga nayagan's new movie ? Yay / Nay ?

Haha gave a very short review, the second day after the movie released. Guess you missed it :D

If you haven't gotten around to watch it yet, I would say please don't waste any more time. The movie is great, nice plot(ties up with Khaidi movie) predictable in places, but the action,  presentation and bgm is top-notch! 

All the 3 actors get equal roles, and they all easily proved why they're the best in the business. And Suriya steals the show in the end. 

The movie has broken all TN 2022 box-office records. And it still has potential to get into all-time top 3 (TN). So glad that Kamalhassan got a big one before end of his career, its long overdue.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Yeah same with Topgun Maverick.

The trailer didnt have the Taiwan flag on the jacket (the original had it) but when the movie released it actually did. That guarantees the movie will not release in China. Could've earned another 100-200 million from there (though given the content, maybe not).

38 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Rewatched Titanic after ages. The last scene where Rose keeps shouting COME BACK JACK while he’s freezing over ! f**king feels. Still holds up after all these years. 

rose-and-jack-on-raft-ImgurThemetapictur

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Rewatched Titanic after ages. The last scene where Rose keeps shouting COME BACK JACK while he’s freezing over ! f**king feels. Still holds up after all these years. 

So you're the guy who cries in Titanic. 

Girls (nibbis) must be admired by you.

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2022 at 3:50 PM, Krazyniks said:

They aren't 'too tired' lol. China is just not letting Hollywood movies play. Especially Disney films. NWH wasn't allowed because they asked Sony to remove the Statue of Liberty which meant re-doing the whole climax of the movie which was impossible.

Edited by Kumar123

13 hours ago, kittoo said:

Yeah same with Topgun Maverick.

The trailer didnt have the Taiwan flag on the jacket (the original had it) but when the movie released it actually did. That guarantees the movie will not release in China. Could've earned another 100-200 million from there (though given the content, maybe not).

They added it back in only after China didn't allow the movie.