Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

And done with Thor. 

WTF is wrong with the reviews ? It's such a fun ride, with so many things to like. 

Korg's narration is top notch, and then goats are..well..GOATS ! Enjoyed Crowe's take on Zeus. Post credit scenes are worth it, and Christian Bale as Gorr is menacing. 

Had a grin at the end, and was laughing throughout the movie. Perfect summer blockbuster. Tad better than MoM. Natalie Portman rocks ! Music is :band:

So you want everyone to suffer eh?

• Haha 4

Just saw Vikram. Holy sh*t!!! What a movie! I didn't even know about this movie and have hardly seen any trailer and man I was in total surprise! This movie shits all over likes of KGF, Pushpa etc. Watched it in one go. Couldn't have asked for a better Friday night fun movie. 

A few things that stand out. Most importantly the Action sequences were pretty good! Its much better than usual Indian cinema, it is still over the top but mostly believable, the music was good and the dark setting added the tension. 

It has been such a long time since I enjoyed Indian movie this much. Apart from few unnecessary censor cuts, they didn't shy away from showing blood and gore.

I don't what worked for me, perhaps Friday night or my mood was good but I didn't plan to watch it in one go and yet finished this in a single watch! The whole vibe was pretty good throughout! 

Bonus: there are no songs in the movie, it just picks up from the very first scene and keep the tension till the end. 

Take a bow Kamal Haasan :majesty:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Kumar123 said:

Oprah Winfrey Judging You GIF

8 hours ago, AtheK said:

Try harder

Dance Dancing GIF by Soul Train

8 hours ago, Big Boss said:

So you want everyone to suffer eh?

8 hours ago, AtheK said:

I am guessing he saw it in IMAX, the wound is green!!

7 hours ago, Big Boss said:

One of my friends who is like hardcore comics guy said to go watch minions instead :rofl:

Legit enjoyed it. Dunno why we expect it to be serious. It's a superhero movie FFS.  It's light, comical, fresh summer blockbuster. 

Is it the best story ? Nah. But it's fun. 

IMAX was full, the jokes landed, people were laughing, lots of hooting throughout the movie. 

Really don't get the negative reviews. 

7 hours ago, dante77 said:

Just saw Vikram. Holy sh*t!!! What a movie! I didn't even know about this movie and have hardly seen any trailer and man I was in total surprise! This movie shits all over likes of KGF, Pushpa etc. Watched it in one go. Couldn't have asked for a better Friday night fun movie. 

A few things that stand out. Most importantly the Action sequences were pretty good! Its much better than usual Indian cinema, it is still over the top but mostly believable, the music was good and the dark setting added the tension. 

It has been such a long time since I enjoyed Indian movie this much. Apart from few unnecessary censor cuts, they didn't shy away from showing blood and gore.

I don't what worked for me, perhaps Friday night or my mood was good but I didn't plan to watch it in one go and yet finished this in a single watch! The whole vibe was pretty good throughout! 

Bonus: there are no songs in the movie, it just picks up from the very first scene and keep the tension till the end. 

:wOOtjumpy: weekend set then

9 hours ago, Big Boss said:

One of my friends who is like hardcore comics guy said to go watch minions instead :rofl:

The problem is comparing this to the comics. Jane's Thor arc is long, really long. The movie is a condensed version of that arc + some Thor adventure sprinkled in. For those who haven't read the comics, you will never know what's missing, and for those, it is a fun movie. 

I completed the Might Thor arc years ago, and still enjoyed the movie. 

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Legit enjoyed it. Dunno why we expect it to be serious. It's a superhero movie FFS.  It's light, comical, fresh summer blockbuster. 

IMAX was full, the jokes landed, people were laughing, lots of hooting throughout the movie. 

Nice, I loved Ragnarok it was something different from the usual serious super hero movies at that time and by the looks of it this movie should be a fun watch too.

10 hours ago, dante77 said:

One negative. Ending was dragged a bit and was kinda generic. 

Edited by dante77

Watched The Sea Beast on Netflix last night and enjoyed it a lot.

The third act was quite sloppy and wasn't nearly as impactful as it wanted to be. And there were some interesting things in the movie that I felt could've been explored a bit more with a little more runtime.

But it was still a fun-filled adventure with luscious visuals and some surprisingly good characters (especially Jared Harris's).

Definitely worth a watch.

fZegtGw.jpg

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

And done with Thor. 

WTF is wrong with the reviews ? It's such a fun ride, with so many things to like. 

Korg's narration is top notch, and then goats are..well..GOATS ! Enjoyed Crowe's take on Zeus. Post credit scenes are worth it, and Christian Bale as Gorr is menacing. 

Had a grin at the end, and was laughing throughout the movie. Perfect summer blockbuster. Tad better than MoM. Natalie Portman rocks ! Music is :band:

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I know, right? It's funny that people are hating on the movie without even watching it. The entire cast was great and lol guess Matt Damon is going to be a regular now. I like that Marvel is giving their directors a lot of freedom lately, there's stuff in this that feels completely Taika Waititi. The black and white sequence when there's colors only when Mjolnir hits something looked gorgeous on the big screen!  

Yeah my screening was packed too and people were laughing/cheering throughout. Audience went nuts at Thor's badass entry and when Jane is revealed as Mighty Thor for the first time. Also, when Bale says "So this is my vow. All gods will die."  It's a fun summer blockbuster overall, loved the use of Guns N' Roses songs.

Edited by cyberpunk

21 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

I know, right? It's funny that people are hating on the movie without even watching it. The entire cast was great and lol guess Matt Damon is going to be a regular now. I like that Marvel is giving their directors a lot of freedom lately, there's stuff in this that feels completely Taika Waititi. The black and white sequence when there's colors only when Mjolnir hits something looked gorgeous on the big screen!  

Yeah my screening was packed too and people were laughing/cheering throughout. Audience went nuts at Thor's badass entry and when Jane is revealed as Mighty Thor for the first time. Also, when Bale says "So this is my vow. All gods will die."  It's a fun summer blockbuster overall, loved the use of Guns N' Roses songs.

Use spoiler tags please.

1 hour ago, cyberpunk said:

Spoiler

The entire theatre collectively hooted the most at the end - when the reason of movie's title was disclosed. So good. 

TW's imagination is VERY visible. Also the casting font is DOPE. 

Edit: TkWHuJH.png

Explains a lot ! :lol:

Edited by Bird Bird Bird