Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

Absolutely loved Rocektry. Story of the man I’d never heard of before, Nambi Narayanan. Madhavan nails the acting and the writing, though a bit lacking in direction. Genuinely grateful that more of these inspiring stories of Indian super humans are coming about, like rocket boys, Mission Mangal, etc. Meagre resources, no support, and looked down upon.  Yet they surpassed all expectations. 

Truly inspiring in capability, character, and situation handling. An exceptional human, and a super patriot. In awe. 

That test engine fire sequence was goose-fkn-bumps. 

Just watch it to re-instil belief, if you ever lost it, of Indians being capable of the absolute best. And a sad reminder of how undervalued ambition is in this country. Even today. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, achilles said:

Absolutely loved Rocektry. Story of the man I’d never heard of before, Nambi Narayanan. Madhavan nails the acting and the writing, though a bit lacking in direction. Genuinely grateful that more of these inspiring stories of Indian super humans are coming about, like rocket boys, Mission Mangal, etc. Meagre resources, no support, and looked down upon.  Yet they surpassed all expectations. 

Truly inspiring in capability, character, and situation handling. An exceptional human, and a super patriot. In awe. 

That test engine fire sequence was goose-fkn-bumps. 

Just watch it to re-instil belief, if you ever lost it, of Indians being capable of the absolute best. And a sad reminder of how undervalued ambition is in this country. Even today. 

Rocket Boys is super inaccurate historically btw. 

6 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Secrets of Dumbledore. 7/10

It was quite good, as good as the first fantastic beasts if not better. Guess people just gave up after the mediocre sequel. 

Watched it yesterday, and found it to be pretty decent. Not as bad as the previous movies. 

• Like 1

Saw Prey last night and absolutely loved it. The cinematography, the location, pacing, fight sequences and the predator design were f*cking great. I'm surprised for a streaming movie this really surpassed all my expectations. Highly recommended and this will be a treat for audio lovers too; the sound effects were just exquisite. Dam, this should have had a theatrical release, would have paid to watch it in ATMOS. 

• Like 1

Prey is Awesome! A 1h 40m min of awesomeness!!! The sound effects were amazing and location was spot on! You gotta watch on a good sounding TV or home theater system at high volumes to appreciate this. Looks better in dark environment.

It's a predator movie that stays a predator movie throughout, don't expect some Oscar worthy writing or deep storyline. It's a no BS enjoyable flick second only to original predator. 

I literally woot and cheered on THAT Scene! I knew it's gonna happen in this movie coz a good movie always delivers! 

Imagine watching this in theaters and that scene comes (at 1h 3m), everyone would have gone berserk!!!!! 

17 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The movie just got done. Really amazing and fun. The actors are really good. The jokes land and the plot is keeps you hooked. Go watch it.

The critics are f**king retarded on this one. 

This one is really under the radar. I knew about it by checking the Coming Soon page, but no one is talking about it.

Will go watch, I have the whole week off. 

5 hours ago, North said:

I had the day off, went and watched it. @Mr. Comingleis right, it was f**king hilarious.

Great movie, great dialogue, great cameos.

250 bucks to watch it in IMAX, ridiculous. Go watch!

CityWalk Imax is showing it at 150 bucks. Ridiculous pricing, unfortunately don't have the time to go.