Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

1 minute ago, CarbonCore said:

Videos like this and others that got mad because they put a 120 pound woman against a predator, they aged like milk lol.

You dont understand. Realism is very important*

*when women and black people are involved

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

After watching Prey..

Videos like this and others that got mad because they put a 120 pound woman against a predator, they aged like milk lol.

What bullshit. Skimmed through as I don't have time to watch this all but he seems to be another trigger-y person who just wants to say something different for the sake of it. 

Muscular rugged men or skinny woman. A good movie should be appreciated! 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

After watching Prey..

3 minutes ago, dante77 said:

What bullshit. Skimmed through as I don't have time to watch this all but he seems to be another trigger-y person who just wants to say something different for the sake of it. 

Muscular rugged men or skinny woman. A good movie should be appreciated! 

This dude is a massive wanker and always cries about wahmen destroying movies

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

After watching Prey..

That U turn

Edited by Big Boss
  • Haha 1

Those of use fortunate enough to have a good a/v set-up, make it earn its keep by screening The Batman. It’s not a very good movie overall, but damn if it won’t make you glad you could experience it in a good setting. It is gorgeous, Gotham-ic, and super filmic. One of those showcase things. If you think it looks great on an OLED display, try it on a calibrated projector and screen set-up. It will physically arouse you. If you’ve got a sub too, it will make you cum. It has a beautiful bass track, which Prime Video usually up samples a bit, so for a more crisp experience dial the level down a notch. 

Pick the earliest possible time you can screen it, get on it now. This should be your priority in life.

I’ll be getting the BD. 

On 8/9/2022 at 8:51 AM, Walker said:

Tributes have been paid from around the world to Olivia Newton-John, who has died from cancer aged 73.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-62472100

Rip :(

Can't say I've listened to any of her music or seen any of her movies, but I got to know yesterday that this cover of Country Roads from Whisper of the Heart was done by her.

Beautiful cover. Beautiful film.

Edited by STICK3Rboy

On 8/10/2022 at 1:23 AM, achilles said:

Those of use fortunate enough to have a good a/v set-up, make it earn its keep by screening The Batman. It’s not a very good movie overall, but damn if it won’t make you glad you could experience it in a good setting. It is gorgeous, Gotham-ic, and super filmic. One of those showcase things. If you think it looks great on an OLED display, try it on a calibrated projector and screen set-up. It will physically arouse you. If you’ve got a sub too, it will make you cum. It has a beautiful bass track, which Prime Video usually up samples a bit, so for a more crisp experience dial the level down a notch. 

Pick the earliest possible time you can screen it, get on it now. This should be your priority in life.

I’ll be getting the BD. 

Okay. I don't know exactly what changed. Maybe the mood, the frame of mind, the solitude of private viewing, or the excellent transfer, or, perhaps the fact that I watched it in two parts in two days,  but most of my complaints about The Batman on initial viewing have been invalidated. 

Except for the general emo-ness, Pattison's hammy Bruce, and the forced yet non-existent chemistry with Cat, this is a sweet movie. I liked it. Including the pink panther-esque walk. So much walk. 

I'll probably call a few friends over and watch it again. Soon. The transfer is that damn good. The Batman is a true system tester. The bass track, the score, the Nirvana riffs, mmmm. And then there's the colour palette. Sub. Lime. 

I kind of expected, from memory, for the second half to let me down last night after the excellent first half the previous night, but I enjoyed it. My intermission point was the face blast scene, and while ridiculous that the Batman would do that, it's kind of not too, as The Batman could do that. If we're giving him the leeway of being a billionaire who's dedicated his life to this, and who doesn't really care about his own mortality, he could have also created a vibranium-ish suit to withstand point blank large calibre rifle shots and a fkn bomb. In his (tiny) defence, we do see him covering his face with the gauntlets right before the bomb goes off. 

Anyway. 

What I'm trying to say is, I quite enjoyed this movie.

Edited by achilles

1 hour ago, achilles said:

Okay. I don't know exactly what changed. Maybe the mood, the frame of mind, the solitude of private viewing, or the excellent transfer, or, perhaps the fact that I watched it in two parts in two days,  but most of my complaints about The Batman on initial viewing have been invalidated. 

Except for the general emo-ness, Pattison's hammy Bruce, and the forced yet non-existent chemistry with Cat, this is a sweet movie. I liked it. Including the pink panther-esque walk. So much walk. 

I'll probably call a few friends over and watch it again. Soon. The transfer is that damn good. The Batman is a true system tester. The bass track, the score, the Nirvana riffs, mmmm. And then there's the colour palette. Sub. Lime. 

I kind of expected, from memory, for the second half to let me down last night after the excellent first half the previous night, but I enjoyed it. My intermission point was the face blast scene, and while ridiculous that the Batman would do that, it's kind of not too, as The Batman could do that. If we're giving him the leeway of being a billionaire who's dedicated his life to this, and who doesn't really care about his own mortality, he could have also created a vibranium-ish suit to withstand point blank large calibre rifle shots and a fkn bomb. In his (tiny) defence, we do see him covering his face with the gauntlets right before the bomb goes off. 

Anyway. 

What I'm trying to say is, I quite enjoyed this movie.

Your expectations changed