Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

1 hour ago, Kumar123 said:

It says the video is no longer available.

Yeah, looks it got removed coz it was a leak.

Anyway, here's another one.

Love this shot.

8XVli84.png

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah, looks it got removed coz it was a leak.

Anyway, here's another one.

Love this shot.

8XVli84.png

Definitely crazy for a fan film but still not good as the movies. If you watch carefully, you'll see that Spiderman seems to have no weight while swinging. 

The MCU Spiderman's swinging doesn't seem very good because the settings of those movies usually don't have skyscrapers and because their VFX team usually tries to think out of the box since the previous two Spidermen did the classic swinging a lot with TASM2 almost perfecting it. 

Edited by Kumar123

7 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

Definitely crazy for a short film but still not good as the movies. If you watch carefully, you'll see that Spiderman seems to have no weight while swinging. 

The MCU Spiderman's swinging doesn't seem very good because the settings of those movies usually don't have skyscrapers and because their VFX team usually tries to think out of the box since the previous two Spidermen did the classic swinging a lot with TASM2 almost perfecting it. 

Yeah, TASM2 easily has the best swinging.

But I think I still prefer something like this to the swinging in the MCU movies which has been pretty vanilla so far.

33 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

TASM2 almost perfecting it. 

21 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Yeah, TASM2 easily has the best swinging.

I was going to contest this saying Tobey-Mans swinging was better but I watched a video and you guys are right! TASM2 had the best swinging.

I think I wiped that movie from my memory with how trash the rest of it was. :rofl:

Yes Top Gun Maverick was amazing! Seen it on my TV unlike others and still enjoyed it. The movie sets off with an amazing jet plane sequence, unlike anything shot before. Tom Cruise is fantastic throughout. Last 30 minutes are super fun but I kinda did enjoy the entire movie, YES even the banter between soldiers and rom-com stuff! The movie is made like old-school flick. 

I didn't have high hopes from the movie despite it getting high praises and great reviews, mainly because I found the first movie to be just ok, nothing great. Also, I am not a fan of flight movies, never could make sense of flight scenes no matter how good they are made. Usually get bored with the scenes but the flight scenes in this movie is LOVE! Done fantastic! 

Perhaps it's just not in Tom Cruise Genes to make a bad movie. It's a love letter to old school movie lovers. 

:O 

All practical effects. They were flying real planes, no CGI. Tom Cruise put the actors on a rigirious 3 month course to learn how to fly.  

Tom's dedication is just insane. Respect. 

24 minutes ago, dante77 said:

mainly because I found the first movie to be just ok, nothing great.

Yea I am in the same boat as you. didn't like the first movie. The flying scenes also in that movie made no sense. In Maverick you could tell what was going on. 

But personally I think the Jeniffer Connoly sub plot could have been axed. 

Edited by dylanjosh

16 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

I didn't mind. I think it was done deliberately to make it look like an old school movie. I mean Tom Cruise riding a sports bike with a hot chick sitting behind?!? It actually felt off and when I saw that scene for the first time, I was like WTF! this seems like the same old movie. Can you imagine any movie doing that in a 2022 movie!?! Lol. Especially if that woman is not some badass fighter character but just the main protagonist's main love interest. 

Waiting for some blog like "Maverick is everything wrong with Hollywood and its not ok" from some random SJW warrior. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

:O 

All practical effects. They were flying real planes, no CGI. Tom Cruise put the actors on a rigirious 3 month course to learn how to fly.  

Tom's dedication is just insane. Respect. 

Yea I am in the same boat as you. didn't like the first movie. The flying scenes also in that movie made no sense. In Maverick you could tell what was going on. 

I mean, some shots were CGI but it was minimal, yes. Not a CGI fest like the MCU movies where even scenes in a f**king room get green screened.

Agree with the Jennifer Connelly part though. There wasn't even any chemistry. I guess they just wanted a way to give Maverick a happy ending.

• Like 1

Decent watch to give your acrophobia a kick.. 

Pretty thrilling and engaging affair, even if it does sometimes find itself getting bogged down in unnecessary melodrama which feels entirely unnecessary.
The visuals are top notch, capturing the vertigo inducing setting perfectly and making for a very appealing film.

MV5BNGI3MWYwYjItNzZhYi00ZWIzLTkyMzYtN2Jm