Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

2 hours ago, AtheK said:

the office no GIF

While I won’t usually just sh*t on things, I agree with Athek. We put it on yesterday, as we were in the mood for light timepass, something that won’t require too much of our attention, and we turned it off within 20 mins. It felt like a b-grade tv show. Something that had no right to follow Ragnarok. Hemsworth deserved better. 
To top it, the sound mixing was quite pedestrian. I guess they passed it onto interns to master. 

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Funny. Hemsworth co-wrote the script. :lol:

Also, don't get the hate. I found it enjoyable tbh. People love garbage like Shazam. This was better than that. 

You are the only one who liked it I guess, and it's not hate, its a pity this movie was made and we are just helping folks to save time. I would rather watch little singham with my kid then this sh*t.

6 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Shazam was awesome fun. Much much better than this sh*t

It was definitely better then this half baked sh*t thrown at our face

Edited by AtheK

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Funny. Hemsworth co-wrote the script. :lol:

Lol I don’t even know the script, having watched it for about 20 mins. :P

The action, the sound, the actual visuals, nothing worked at all. It really felt like a low budget tv show. 
Not sure who blew bale to get him to sign. Anyway. There are better avenues to waste your time with. 

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Finished Thor. What a stupid movie. Turned Thor into a complete clown in first half and ending is absolutely pathetic. Wtf were they thinking :rofl:

I am glad I didn't pay for this crap in theaters. 3/10

brahmastra is a big big dud. so much money was wasted on the vfx & despite the good quality none of them standout or help the action sequences or film. not one single action setpiece will be remembered once the show's over or even go viral like RRR or 2.0.  its just random effects going all over with zero creativity. total waste of crores & crores of rs.

& the whole movie itself is an  love story and has absolutely nothing to do with indian mythology or lore except using the word astra with everything. the bigger inspiration is from doctor strange, anime or even captain planet. and the ending is a joke, the greatest weapon to be ever written about gets defeated by the power of love in a few mins :rofl:. the astra weilding people themselves are shown like a bunch of clowns & get beaten up by random nobodies & any sadakchap can come and use  the astras once he gets his hands on it. 

and bc how did the director and producer even approve the dialogues in this movie. from tapori munnabhai like dialogues at the start to absolute sh*t lines like "woh jo 3 triangle joint hoke pizza banta hai" (referring to the brahmastra). 

a good concept that is ruined by the usual bollywood love story and lack of research. in the hands of a more visionary & capable directors like Rajamouli or Shankar this could have been the start of something exciting for Indian cinema but after this I'll be very surprised if part 2 of this movie ( title revealed at the end) goes into full production. 

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

brahmastra is a big big dud. so much money was wasted on the vfx & despite the good quality none of them standout or help the action sequences or film. not one single action setpiece will be remembered once the show's over or even go viral like RRR or 2.0.  its just random effects going all over with zero creativity. total waste of crores & crores of rs.

& the whole movie itself is an  love story and has absolutely nothing to do with indian mythology or lore except using the word astra with everything. the bigger inspiration is from doctor strange, anime or even captain planet. and the ending is a joke, the greatest weapon to be ever written about gets defeated by the power of love in a few mins :rofl:. the astra weilding people themselves are shown like a bunch of clowns & get beaten up by random nobodies & any sadakchap can come and use  the astras once he gets his hands on it. 

and bc how did the director and producer even approve the dialogues in this movie. from tapori munnabhai like dialogues at the start to absolute sh*t lines like "woh jo 3 triangle joint hoke pizza banta hai" (referring to the brahmastra). 

a good concept that is ruined by the usual bollywood love story and lack of research. in the hands of a more visionary & capable directors like Rajamouli or Shankar this could have been the start of something exciting for Indian cinema but after this I'll be very surprised if part 2 of this movie ( title revealed at the end) goes into full production. 

So it's like that one Aamir Khan film where he's make in india Jack Sparrow? that too had very high "advance bookings" apparently.

The way you describe this film it seems like a cash grab, like some bollywood AI  produced it : love story + hindu mythology + CGI = paisa hi paisa hoga :rofl:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

The mythology is half assed because they made it up as they progressed. The hero was named Rumi and had power of Fire, and movie was called dragon. Then they suddenly decided to add Indian mythology in it and changed everything. This is the problem with Bollywood SciFi or superhero movies. They don't have proper script and vision, they just make sh*t up along the way. And they shove love story into everything. Heck even the first SciFi time travel movie was called Love story 2050 :rofl:

The post by director which talks about Rumi and Dragon:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu0Xxf4HQT5/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=