Movie Discussion Thread Vol. 2

STICK3Rboy

3 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

:sign_omg:

Looks amazing!

Wasn't a big fan of First Man. So I'm hoping this is a return to form for Chazelle.

----------------------------

The prequel to X, Pearl, isn't even out yet and a sequel has been announced :lol:

BTW, Pearl is currently at 88% on RT with 25 reviews.

I have just watched the Smaritan on Amazon Prime.

I would rate it a 3.5/5 (average) movie.

But it was a welcoming break and good to see a movie with a clean content without the controversial woke crap being churned out by Marvel and Disney.

Smaritan on Amazon Prime

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legacy Gamer said:

I have just watched the Smaritan on Amazon Prime.

I would rate it a 3.5/5 (average) movie.

But it was a welcoming break and good to see a movie with a clean content without the controversial woke crap being churned out by Marvel and Disney.

Smaritan on Amazon Prime

Nice. Will watch it on weekend.

Finished reading Planet Hulk+ World War Hulk comics. What a goddamn fun read. Holy sh*t f**k Taika Waititi and entire MCU for sh*tting on Hulk and the side characters. Korg and Miek are so badass and totally different in comics. After reading Gorr the Butcher story arc and Planet Hulk+World War Hulk story arc, I have finally realised that MCU is a complete waste of time. Clowns like Taika Waititi can ruin it all they want. I know movie adaptations of comics is extremely tough and it can never be 1 to 1 but what these idiots are doing is pathetic. With end game, everyone, even the casuals were onboard with comic book movies, but these idiots decided to dumb it down with absolute clownary. They are going to completely butcher Daredevil too :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Finished reading Planet Hulk+ World War Hulk comics. What a goddamn fun read. Holy sh*t f**k Taika Waititi and entire MCU for sh*tting on Hulk and the side characters. Korg and Miek are so badass and totally different in comics. After reading Gorr the Butcher story arc and Planet Hulk+World War Hulk story arc, I have finally realised that MCU is a complete waste of time. Clowns like Taika Waititi can ruin it all they want. I know movie adaptations of comics is extremely tough and it can never be 1 to 1 but what these idiots are doing is pathetic. With end game, everyone, even the casuals were onboard with comic book movies, but these idiots decided to dumb it down with absolute clownary. They are going to completely butcher Daredevil too :rofl:

Agree.

On the bright side, we're getting another version of God Butcher vs Thor on November 9th :D 

• Haha 1

Martin Scorsese Praises Ti West’s ‘Pearl’

"Ti West's movies have a kind of energy that is so rare these days, powered by a pure, undiluted love for cinema. You feel it in every frame. A prequel to 'X' made in a diametrically opposite cinematic register (think 50s Scope color melodramas), 'Pearl' makes for a wild, mesmerizing, deeply — and I mean deeply — disturbing 102 minutes. West and his muse and creative partner Mia Goth really know how to toy with their audience ... before they plunge the knife into our chests and start twisting. I was enthralled, then disturbed, then so unsettled that I had trouble getting to sleep. But I couldn't stop watching."

Ohh man, I can't wait for this.

• Like 1